Chapter 16

Always be my Junior~

They are here… shall we go?’ Leeteuk looked toward the K.R.Y and Hyona who is walking toward them and tapped at Hyomin’s hand, trying to gain her attention.

‘Ok…’ Hyomin nodded and stepped down from the car.

‘Hyomin ah… Hyona said u need to pick up something from the dorm?’ Kyuhyun asked, running toward her. ‘What is that’s? Your heart?’ Kyuhyun asked cheekily. Hyona looked toward Kyuhyun, chuckling at his statement. He can be really cheeky if he wanted to isn it?

‘Your life…’ Hyomin retorted coldly, poking on his shoulder.

‘Hahahahahahahahaha! U knows u can’t bear to do that…’ Kyuhyun winked at Hyomin, draping his hand on her shoulder.

‘Try and see…’ Hyomin laughed, pinching on his cheek.

‘Oh… I am so scared….’ Kyuhyun patted on his chest, smirking at Hyomin.

‘Right… remind me to take the makeup off u later…’ Hyomin looked up to Kyuhyun who nodded at her remark. He liked the way Hyomin fussed around him very much, thus he is very much attached to her.

The rest of the boys lagged behind purposely, so that they can get the maknae to open the door. Leeteuk whispered to Hyona about their plan and Hyona clapped her hand a little at the sound of that. It really sounds interesting to her….

‘Wait… let me get my key…’ Kyuhyun d his pocket, bringing out a bunch of key and smile at Hyomin. Hyomin smiled a little at him and nodded toward the door, gesturing him to get the door open.

‘POPP!!! POPP!!! Blast!!!’ The 1st thing Kyuhyun know upon opening the door is cracker and confetting flying around, raining itself on top of him.

‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKNAE!!!!!!’ the boys shouted in unison, attacking Kyuhyun with their group hug.

Hyomin laughed at the din the guys are making and closed the door after her. The neighbors are sure to complaint again at the amount of sound that the guys are making right now.

‘Oh… so u knew about this surprise birthday party?’ Hyona tugged at Hyomin’s hand and looked at the boys too in awe. They can be really noisy.

‘Just…’ Hyomin nodded.

‘Hyomin… don’t u bother to wish me happy birthday?’ Kyuhyun asked, popping his head out from the crowd.

‘Right…. Happy Birthday…’ Hyomin yelled across.

‘That’s so sincere of u…’ Kyuhyun snorted, getting away from the boys.

‘Hehehehehe! Right… happy Birthday my baby…’ Hyomin chuckled, wrapping her hand around the maknae and pull him into a hug.

‘That’s more like it…’ Kyuhyun chuckled.

‘Happy Birthday, Kyu…’ Hyona too extended her hand to Kyuhyun. ‘I am sorry I am not prepared for this party… so, no present for u…’ Hyona said cheekily as Kyuhyun took hold of her hand and extended his thanks.

‘Give him a kiss then, Hyona ssi…’ Kangin suggested.

‘Kiss… Kiss Kiss Kiss…’ The boys chanted, much to Kyuhyun’s embarrassment.

Heechul slipped toward Hyomin during the commotion and s his arm around Hyomin’s waist, pulling her into his embrace.

‘Oh!’ Hyomin gasped and turned toward Heechul, rolling her eyes when she saw Heechul’s smirking face.

‘Oh… So, this is how my petal looked like when she is attending formal dinner…’ Heechul teased, eyeing at her from top to bottom.

‘Yeah…’ Hyomin nodded, pushing him away from her and looked toward Kyuhyun and Hyona again. The boys are still chanting Kiss kiss kiss repeatledly much to Kyuhyun’s discomfort and Hyona decided to end it by putting up her hand.

‘Right… since everyone insisted… I hope u don’t mind me doing that, Kyu…’ Hyona chuckled, placing her hands on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and stand on tiptoe, pecking on his left cheek. ‘Happy Birthday!!!’

‘YAH!!! WAH!!!!!’ the boys clapped and cheered, laughing heartily at Kyuhyun who is now burying his face in his palm and keep on laughing, feeling extremely embarrassed now. Hyomin too laughed and clapped her hand, shaking her head when Hyona wave her hands about like princess going on parade. She as a girl should be feeling embarrassed rather than Kyuhyun who is now still trying to hide his beetroot red face…

‘Will I get that from u for my birthday?’ Heechul asked, nodding toward Kyuhyun and Hyona.

‘No…’ Hyomin answered short and crisp.

‘Oh… something better than that? Like, on lip?’ Heechul asked expectantly.

‘Right, dream on…’ Hyomin replied, pushing Heechul who is creeping close to her again. This guy is being too touchy for her liking recently… Heechul grabbed at her hand as she tried to edge away from him and pulled her back to him.

‘I haven’t had a good look at you yet…’ Heechul said as he twirled Hyomin.

‘So? Designer Kim?’ Hyomin asked.

‘The length of the dress can be shorter…’ Heechul said with a nod. Hyomin snorted at his remark and gave him a poke on his rib with her elbow before she moved away from Heechul toward the dining table where the birthday cake is. Hyomin chuckled when she heard Heechul hysterical laughter from behind as he tried to catch up with her.

The gang started to sing Happy Birthday song in all kind of language that they knew to Kyuhyun and started to play around with the cake.

‘The cake is supposed to be eaten, not to be smeared on my face…’ Hyomin said coldly to Kyuhyun who is smirking at her with his hand full of cream.

‘Oh…. Doesn’t u feel out of the place being so clean like this?’ Kyuhyun chuckled, raising his eyesbrow at her.

‘Not at all. I am perfectly fi… YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ Hyomin shrieked at Hyona who slapped a lump of cream to her left cheek and Heechul who slapped another lump to her right.

‘YEAH!!!!’ Hyona and Heechul high-five each other after that and started to chuckled at Hyomin pissed face.

‘The key is do it without her persmission, Kyu…’Hyona said between her chuckle, smearing the rest of the cream to Kyuhyun who took it with no complaint.

‘Oh… I  got it now…’ Kyuhyun too raised his hand up and smeared the cream to Hyona’s cheek, earning some chuckles from her. Hyona leaned toward Hyomin who just rubbed off the cream from her face and stick her face to Hyomin’s face, staining her clean face again.

‘YAH!!! I am going to kick u out of my apartment tonight Lee Hyona!!!’ Hyomin shrieked, rubbing away the cream from her cheek.

‘But u look cute like this Hyomin….’ Donghae continued, nodding toward Eunhyuk who immediately placing a dallop of cream on her nose.

‘Lee Donghae!!! Lee Hyukjae!!!’ Hyomin shrieked, stamping her feet.

‘I do agree cream make u cute…’ Sungmin too rubbed a handful of cream to Hyomin’s clean forehead.

‘I am going to kill u all!!!’ Hyomin shrieked, running after EunHae and Sungmin with a handful of cream on her hand.

‘Woo hoooo~ can’t catch me… can’t catch me… Merong…’ Eunhae and Sungmin chanted as they run around trying to avoid Hyomin.

‘Fine… I am going to wreck u guys make up for 3 performances…’ Hyomin threathen. ‘So. U guy better come over to me now….’

‘Oh…..We are sooo scared…’ EunHae and Sungmin chanted.

‘Fine… I am going back…’ Hyomin turned her back to them and walked toward the front door, with the 3 of them stunned at her sudden temper.

‘Wait… wait… Hyomin…’ Sungmin grabbed at Hyomin hand and looked at her guiltily. ‘I don’t know u will be that angry…’

‘Yeah… we are sorry..’ EunHae too apologies.

‘GOTCHA!!!’ Hyomin laughed, rubbing the cream to the 3 guilty faces in front of her. ‘Babo~’ Hyomin chuckled, sticking her tongue out to them.

‘U cheat!’ the 3 guys groaned.

‘Yeah… I cheat… So what?’ Hyomin chuckled, looking toward Heechul, her next target.

‘U are not going to get me…’ Heechul yelled, realizing her gaze.

Hyomin smirked when she saw Leeteuk nodded to her, running toward Heechul when Leeteuk caught hold of him, smearing a great big heap of cream to his face.

‘Its BB cream, BB cream… good for your skin… U should listen to our make up artist…’ Leeteuk chuckled, grabbing on him tightly.

‘Yeah… BB cream…’ Hyomin chuckled, running her palm toward Leeteuk’s cheek too.

‘Hahahahahahahahahah!!!’ Heechul laughed at Leeteuk’s astonished look and turned toward him. ‘Serve u right…’

‘Right… stop it already…. We are all in a big mess….’ Leeteuk complainted.

‘Yeah… time to clean up…’ Ryeowook looked around, the room is in a big mess… they will need lots of time to clean that up….

‘Ok… let get moving then…’ Leeteuk instructed and everyone agreed willingly to it, started to pick up all the rubbish and started to put everything right. It took about 30 minutes to get the living room and they themselves back to normal again. The boys are now sitting down in front of the TV, watching some late night entertainment show, with wine in front of those who drink and soda in front of those who doesn’t feel like drinking that night with some tidbits passing around among themselves.

Kyuhyun offered to share Sungmin’s present, a bottle of wine with the gang, making the atmosphere really good here.

‘A little won’t kill…’ Heechul raised up his glass to Hyomin who shook her head at him. ‘Trust me, u won’t be disappointed with the taste…’ Heechul urged, bringing his wine glass to her lip. Hyomin nodded at him and took a small sip at it.

‘Uhmnn… Minnie always had good taste with wine…’ Hyomin agreed, looking toward the said person.

‘Thanks u… I have to….because the birthday boy have high expectation toward wine…’ Sungmin said with a little smile.

‘Do u want to have a taste too?’ Kyuhyun offered to Hyona who is seated next to him.

‘Wine? Ok…’ Hyona nodded.

‘I will get u a glass…’ Kyuhyun offered.

‘Its ok… I will just take a sip from your glass, u don’t mind that don’t u?’ Hyona asked.

‘Oh… its fine with me…’ Kyuhyun said between his blushes.

‘Shall we play Hwa Tu?’ Kangin suggested.

‘Right…’some of the boys’ eye brighthen at the sound of it and Ryeowook quickly run toward his room, bringing out the Hwa Tu. So, Ryeowook, Kangin, Donghae and Hyona started to play the Korean playing cards with Yesung, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Shindong as audience, while waiting to take over the game from the next loser.

Siwon and Hankyung sat quietly at a corner talking among themselves while Kibum and Leeteuk sat on the other side of the room talking too. Hyomin moved over to Heechul who is playing with Heebum when the HwaTu game doesn’t interest her at all.

‘Noona….annyeong…’ Heechul took Heebum’s paw and waved it at Hyomin who rolled her eyes at his action.

‘Someone will definetly sue u for abusing animal one day…’ Hyomin snickered.

‘I didn’t…’

‘U did… u always forced Heebum do things he is not willing to…’ Hyomin said, looking at Heechul with a dirty look.

‘Hahahahahaha~ u never did touch my Heebum before don’t u?’ Heechul asked, running his hand on Heebum’s short fur.

‘I told u I don’t really liked cat…’ Hyomin reminded. ‘I liked dog better…’

‘Chinese tend to prefer dogs?’ Kyuhyun asked, Hankyung liked dog too.

‘Maybe…’ Hyomin chuckled, turning her body and leaned her back on Heechul’s arm.

‘Are u even comfortable with that dress of u?’ Heechul asked, she doesn’t look too comfortable sitting with her leg folded to the side like that.

‘I am fine…’ Hyomin nodded.

‘Do u want to change into my clothes?’ Heechul offered.

‘No…. So weird…’ Hyomin chuckled.

‘Do u want to go back already? U look tired?’ Heechul asked.

‘I wanted to… Lee Hyona… are u ready to go back?’ Hyomin looked toward Hyona who is now extremely excited with the game of Hwa Tu she is playing. ‘Lee Hyona…’ Hyomin repeated herself.

‘Eonni… wait…. Wait.. wait… Its getting excited here…’ Hyona mumbled, looking toward Kangin who is extremely nervous too.

‘YAH!!! I lose!!!’ Kangin threw all his cards to the floor and hugged his head with his hand, shrieking like a loser who had just loses his all at the casino.

‘Yeah!!! I won!  I won!’ Hyona high fived with Kyuhyun, her personal consultant via lucky star.

‘I bet she doesn’t have any intention of going back at all…’ Hyomin muttered, rolling her eyes at her sister.

‘Hehehehe! Oh… But my poor sleeping beauty eyes are almost closed now… Eoteohke?’ Heechul chuckled, smothering her hair. He took out the hair pin that is securing her hair into a loose bun and let her hair down, combing her hair with his finger.

‘Hmmnnnmmm…’ Hyomin threw her head toward Heechul’s shoulder and closed her eyes in frustration. Yeah, he is right… She is extremely sleeping now.

‘Do u want to rest at my room?’ Heechul offered, still playing with her hair. Hyomin shook her head which is still sticking to his shoulder. ‘But u doesn’t know when they will end that…’ Heechul persuaded.

‘Can I have some make up remover?’ Hyomin lifted up her head and looked at Heechul with her red watery eyes, which resulted from her constant yawning.

‘Sure… the bathroom… there are everything u need…’ Heechul nodded, pushing her away from him gently and get up on his feet, extending his hand to her. Hyomin took his hand and allowed herself to be pulled up by Heechul.

‘Yah… Lee Hyona, Cho Kyuhyun… at least get your make up removed…’ Hyomin called out, looking over to the the 88 liner.

‘Oh… a little while more…’ Hyona answered nonchalantly. Kyuhyun doesn’t even bother to answer her.

‘Right….’ Hyomin sighed and walked toward the bathroom, started to remove her make up with Heechul leaning on the doorway chatting to her. She picked up the make up remover and walks toward the 88 liner, forcing Kyuhyun to face her. She started to remove the make up from his face before she pinched at Hyona, forcing her to remove her make up 1st before she allow them to continue with their game. She did the same to Ryeowook and Yesung who chuckled a little, embarrassed as they are not so used of being fussed around like this.

‘Teukie~’ Hyomin shake the bottle of make up remover when Leeteuk turned and looked at her. He nodded and walked over, taking over the bottle.

‘U shouldn’t take advantages of Hyomin’s kindness, maknae…’ Leeteuk said after a sigh.

‘Hehehe! But she is enjoying it… I am enjoying it too…’ Kyuhyun chuckled, taking his eyes away from the game for a moment to look at the jealous leader.

‘Fine, I am washing my hand off u in future… Your pores may be blocked for all I care and pimples shall sit on your face…’ Hyomin said leisurely, smirking at Kyuhyun.

‘Wow….’ The boys gasped at Hyomin’s sudden statement and looked at the maknae.

‘Hyomin….’ Kyuhyun called out her name in an aegyo mode.

‘Aegyo doesn’t help…’ Hyomin say in a sing song matter, turned away from the boys and walked toward Heechul’s room. She is seriously considering accepting Heechul’s proposal of borrowing his bed upon seeing how comfortable he is now, sitting on his bed.

‘Heechul….’ Hyomin wailed, flopping down to the floor and rested her head on his bed.

‘Hehehe…’ Heechul chukled at her action and ruffled at her hair. ‘Come on up…’ Heechul moved a little further inside and patted on his bed, offering to share his bed.

‘I seriously need that…’ Hyomin climbed up to his bed and leaned her back on the headboard, closing her eyes.

‘Why don’t u lie down?’ Heechul asked. ‘Aigooo…. U had no idea how much I hated this doing this? But… in order to make u comfortable… I have to compromise…’ Heechul chanted as he pulled up the blanket and covered her exposed legs up well.

‘Hehehe!… u…’ Hyomin chuckled, slapping on his back. ‘Cant lie down… my mum told me I can’t lie down on the bed together with guy who is not my husband….’ Hyomin chuckled.

‘Oh… did she tell u why?’ Heechul asked mischeviously, leaning his back on the headboard too.

‘Uhmmm… its cramped and uncomfortable?’ Hyomin answered innocently, tilting her head and looked at Heechul.

‘U sure that’s what she told u?’ Heechul asked, giggling at her remark.

‘Hehehehehehehehe!’ Hyomin shook her head at his remark and tapped on her shoulder repeatly. ‘ Ah… I really wish to sleep now…’ Hyomin completed her sentences with a great big yawn and leaned her head on Heechul’s shoulder.

‘Sleep then, u can have my bed… I will just bunk in with someone…’ Heechul suggested, getting down from the bed. Hyomin hesitated for a brief moment before she slipped down and lie on the bed.

‘Hyona can have the other bed later… I don’t think their game of Hwa Tu will end early.’ Heechul stooped down and looked at her, with his elbows resting on the edge of the bed.

‘I suppose so too….’ Hyomin blinked her eyes sleepily.

‘U are indeed a sleeping beauty…’ Heechul chuckled, brushing away the hairs from her face gently. She seems like she is ready to go into slumber any minute from now.

‘Hmnn… u know there is nothing I enjoy more than sleeping…’ Hyomin muttered, with ¾ of her brain turned off.

‘Right… good night..’ Heechul pecked on her forehead lightly, looking at Hyomin who is totally being knocked off. He pulled up the blanket and turned off the light, walking out of his room.

‘Heenim…’ Leeteuk walked toward him and stunned when Heechul placed his finger on his lip. ‘Hyomin is asleep inside…’ Heechul whispered.

‘Oh….’ Leeteuk nodded, walking out to the balcony with Heechul. The game of Hwa Tu is still very much heated right now, Heechul and Leeteuk stepped out to the balcony with a can of beer each in their hand. ‘Heenim… I am so very wrong..’

‘Meaning?’ Heechul asked, turning over and looked at their leader.

‘Hyomin….’ Leeteuk whispered.

‘What about her?’ Heechul asked, with his eyebrow knitted together.

‘Nothing… just thanks for taking care of her for me all these while…’ Leeteuk casted a grateful smile toward Heechul and grabbed at his hand.

‘Meaning?’ Heechul asked, he certainly doesn’t understand what is this Leeteuk up to now.

‘Just that…. I will be taking charge of her from now on…’ Leeteuk chuckled, blushing a little.

‘Just what u are saying Leeteuk?’ Heechul frowned at the sound of that. He doesn’t have a good feeling on that.

‘Well…she is Lee Seunghwan’s own sister….Not his fling…’ Leeteuk paused for a moment and turned to looked at Heechul who doesn’t appeared to be surprise at all. ‘U knew about that? And her family background?’ Leeteuk casted a questioning look over to Heechul who nodded slightly at his question. Leetuek shifted uncomfortably in his seat, apparently doesn’t like the sound of it ‘Ok… so that’s… the coast is clear…’

‘Seriously… Are u trying to tell me u wanted to be with her again after knowing about her background?’ Heechul paused, looking over to Leeteuk who nodded at him. Heechul closed his eyes and counted to 10 before he speak up again. Agreeing at Leeteuk’s word meaning to say he given up on Hyomin and seriously that’s the last thing on his list right now…But…the other party is Leeteuk…. The friend and leader that is so important to him…

 ‘Leeteuk hyung!!!’ Donghae yelled from inside, waving at the said leader to come in to the living room.

‘Coming… talk to u again, Heenim…’ Leeteuk patted on the said man’s back before he stepped in to the living room toward Donghae. Heechul looked at Leeteuk from behind and tighten his grip on the beer can on his hand.

………..

……………..

…………………….

Hyomin turned her body and opened her eyes. She blinked her eyes several times, taking a few moments to register in her mind that she is now in the dorm of the boys. She turned her head over, looking over to Hyona who is sleeping on the bed beside her.

Hyomin gave out a yawn and glance at the table clock beside, 2.46 am… She flipped the blanket away and walked out of the room, making her way toward the bathroom. She peered over to the balcony when she saw flicker of fire there. She shook her head and stepped out to the balcony, sitting down beside Heechul who is Heebum while taking in a puff from the cigarette on his hand.

‘Hyomin?’ Heechul exclaimed in surprise, almost get choked by smoke that’s still lingering in his respiratory system.

‘Hmn…’ Hyomin nodded at him, frowning a little at the cigarette on his hand.

‘What are u doing here?’ Heechul asked, pressing the cigarette on the ash tray and gave out a few coughs.

‘Do u know a singer greatest enemy is cigarette?’ Hyomin frowned at the sound of his dry cough and patted on his back gently.

‘Hehehe…. I am not a good singer in the 1st place?’ Heechul chuckled a little at her comment and placed Heebum to the floor, unfold his leg and get on his feet.

‘*cough cough* who said so?’ Hyomin  too coughed a little at the smoke that is still lingering around and get up from the chair too.

‘U shouldn’t have come out… Secondhand smokes are bad for health…’ Heechul muttered, patting on her back. He frowned when his hand come in touch with her bare skin and turned over to look at her. ‘How can u come out in such skimpy clothing?’ Heechul roll his eyes at the sight of the tube dress she is wearing now, pulling her toward the interior of the house.

‘Since u know smoking are bad, why still do that?’ Hyomin rolled her eyes on him, slapping on his arm.

‘Well… don’t u think its makes me look manly?’ Heechul asked, swiping at his fringe.

‘Not at all… does not look cool to me at all…’ Hyomin shook her head.

‘All right….all right…’ Heechul took off the scarf on his neck and wrapped it around Hyomin’s bare shoulder.

‘And all your clothing smells of cigarette now… Eeew…’ Hyomin crinkled her nose in disgust.

‘Stop complaining....’Heechul chuckled, pulling her to his embrace and rubbed at her arms, trying to get them warm.

‘Are u having some sort of problem again?’ Hyomin asked, drifting herself slightly away from him.

‘…………………….’ Heechul shook his head slightly and smile a little at her.

‘Lying…’ Hyomin muttered, pushing him away and make her way toward the kitchen with Heechul following closely behind.

‘How do u know I am lying?’ Heechul chuckled, sitting down on the dining table.

‘Just because…’ Hyomin placed a cup of water in front of him and sat down in front of him, sipping her water too. Heechul looked at Hyomin and gave out a sigh.

‘Hyomin…. Do u think I really shouldn’t gave Jessica up previously?’ Heechul asked, with his finger running around the rim of the glass in front of him.

‘Why suddenly bring it up again?’ Hyomin placed the glass on the table and looked at him, she thought he had gotten over her?

‘Well… just feel like knowing…’

‘Hmnn…. Well, I think, u should let her to be the one who decide? What u has to do is just to be honest to your own feeling…’

‘But… if u are Jessica… would u had chosen me instead? U know Donghae… he is well, such prince charming…’ Heechul continued to bow his head, playing with the glass in front of him. And Leeteuk is such a sweet guy too. Moreover, he knew perfectly Hyomin did liked him, if not for that misunderstanding, they might had been dating each other right now… Since the misunderstanding had been cleared between then, will he ever stand any chance after all?