Chapter 17

Always be my Junior~

 

‘Hehehehe~ but too bad I am not Jessica…’ Hyomin chuckled, sticking her tongue at Heechul.

‘If….’ Heechul emphasize. Heechul asked, grabbing at her hand and looked straight into her eyes.

‘Its quite unfair for u to ask me this question…’ Hyomin said after a pause.

‘Why?’

‘Because I am closer to u… defitnetly there would be some favoritism going on here…’ Hyomin answered honestly, and Heechul is very much surprise with her answer,he really didn’t expect that from Hyomin and it did, really helped to cheer him up very much.

‘Meaning to say…. U will choose me?’ Heechul asked with his heart beating fast as he tighthen the grip on her hand, still couldn’t quite believe what he had just heard.

‘What is that expression? I thought u are always full of confidence?’ Hyomin chuckled, pulling out her hands from his. ‘And the answer is yes, if u asking on my perspective…’ Hyomin nodded, standing up and walked toward the kitchen sink, giving the cup she had just use a rinse.

‘Because u doesn’t know how much this means to me… thank u…’ Heechul whispered softly. Frankly speaking, he almost agrees to what Leeteuk had said just now…. But he did have a second thought, when he thought of how Hyomin cried when Leeteuk left her without even listening to her previously. And most importantly, he wanted her too. He never realizes how badly he wanted her before this.

‘Why are u dreaming away again? And why aren’t u sleeping? Because u gave up your bed to me?’ Hyomin asked, pushing on his head a little.

‘Why are u behaving like a long winded wife here?’ Heechul chuckled, pushing her hand away.

‘Cheh…’ Hyomin walked away after giving his shoulder a slap and flopped down to the sofa, stretching her legs in front of her.

‘And why aren’t u sleeping? Thought u are a sleeping beauty?’ Heechul asked, flopping down beside her too.

‘Because its not my bed….’ Hyomin sighed, wondering how is she going to spend the night.

‘U want me to send u back?’ Heechul offered.

‘Hyona… she is still sleeping…’

‘Wake her up?’ Heechul suggested..

‘That’s mean…. Doesn’t mean that I have to wake other’s up just because I can’t sleep…’ Hyomin chuckled, kicking her legs a little.

‘Lets go for a spin shall we?’ Heechul suggest.

‘Spin? Now?’ Hyomin repeated his word, looking at Heechul as thought as he is crazy. Its coming to 3 am in the morning. Taking a spin at this timing?

‘Yeah… since both of us can’t sleep, why don’t we just drive over to your place where u can pick up some comfortable clothing and go for a spin after that?’ Heechul suggested, getting much excited.

‘Well…. But u didn’t sleep a wink at all… is it alright?’ Although Hyomin is very much tempted to accept his suggestion, but she is still a bit worried of his health.

‘Never mind, I slept before u come here…  lets go…’ Heechul grabbed at her hand and wrapped her up in his jacket before he pulled her out of the house.

‘Wait… I gotta get my purse… my access card are all inside…’ Hyomin pulled her hand away from Heechul and reached for her purse which is lying on the dining table.

‘Ok… lets go…’ Heechul juggled the key on his hand and wrapped his hand around Hyomin’s shoulder.

‘Wow… I can’t imagine I am that crazy…’ Hyomin chuckled, feeling excited at the new experience.

‘Is this already crazy for u?’ Heechul asked, chuckling away.

‘Yeah… this is crazy enough..’ Hyomin nodded.

‘Please be prepare for more craziness…’ Heechul informed.

‘Hehehehe~ this is good enough…’ Hyomin chuckled, winding down the car top of Heechul Peugeot, allowing the wind to blow on her face and long hair.

‘Yoo hooo~’ Heechul  shrieked.

‘Yoo Hooo~’ Hyomin too followed suit and laughed herself silly after that.

Both Heechul and Hyomin are now taking turn yelling their heart out at the empty highway, laughing heartily after that.

‘Will we be arrested by the police?’ Hyomin asked, panting a little from all the shouting.

‘Just tell them we are having vocal practice..’ Heechul suggested.

‘Hahahahahahhaha!!!’ Both Heechul and Hyomin laughed themselves crazy at the sound of that and before they knew it, they are now driving in to the vicinity of Ivory now.

‘Lets go…’ Heechul hugged Hyomin’s shoulder as they make their way toward Hyomin’s apartment. Hyomin stepped into the bathroom and have a quick shower before she changed into some comfortable clothing, not forgetting to pack a set for Hyona too.

‘Are we really going to Dongdaemun?’ Hyomin asked, popping her head out.

‘Yeah….It will be safe enough don’t worry..’ Heechul assured, looking at her.’Are u quite ready?’  Hyomin looked at Heechul who is now dressed casually and wrapped in a thick winter coat with a scarf covering half of his face. She supposes he will just look like a normal commoner if he pulled up the hoodie of his coat later.

‘Hmnn… I am…’ Hyomin nodded, picking up the bag of clothing she packed for Hyona.

‘Ga ja~ (lets go…)’ Heechul chuckled, taking her hand in his.

‘Gosh… I will be killed within 30 steps after stepping out from the car…’ Hyomin chuckled, glancing over to their entwined hand.

‘Hahahahahha! Remember what I said, stick close to me and I will tell them they have to take my life 1st…’ Heechul winked at her and placed their entwined hands on his chest.

‘Stop being dramatic all over again…’ Hyomin pulled her hand out of his and slapped on his chest, pushing him out of her house and pull the door shut. She turned her head and nodded at Heechul when she heard the electronic lock gave out a soft ‘beep’, signaling that the door is now locked.

………………

Heechul and Hyomin stepped into the dorm noisily, putting down the various bags they had on their hand.

‘Aigooo… I am soo tired..’ Heechul slumped down to the sofa and leaned his body limply on the hand rest.

‘Yeah….’ Hyomin too slumped down beside him and hang herself on the handrest of another end of the sofa.

‘Are we getting on ages?’ Heechul asked, he used to be able to stay energetic even if he didn’t sleep for 24 hours.

‘I suppose so…’ Hyomin nodded, closing her eyes. She had been feeling sleepy again.

‘Don’t sleep… they will be awake any moment from now on… The breakfast will be all gone by the time we are awake…’ Heechul straighthen himself up and pull at Hyomin’s hand, trying to stop her from dozing off again.

‘But my eyes doesn’t want to open..’ Hyomin push Heechul’s hand away and leaned on his shoulder, closing her eyes.

‘Yah….’ Heechul patted at her face gently.

‘One minute… Just one minute..’ Hyomin muttered, sticking out one of her finger in the air.

‘Right…’ Heechul pull down her hand and pull her closer to him, leaning his head on her’s.

‘…………………………….’ The living room is now totally quiet, with only the soft even breathing from Hyomin and Heechul who is now huddling together.

‘Awwww….. I thought I smell food…’ Hankyung yawned, coming out from Leeteuk’s room. His eyes widen at the sight of Heechul and Hyomin huddling together on the sofa and turned his head to the back, wondering if he should stop Leeteuk from coming out.

‘Ryeowook cook here?’ Leeteuk asked, coming out from his room too. He too, was shocked at the sight of Heechul and Hyomin sleeping on the sofa. Being light sleeper, both Hyomin and Heechul blinked their eyes at the sound of Hankyung and Leeteuk talking and turned their head toward the source of sound.

‘Oh… u are awake…. We brought breakfast…’ Hyomin stretched herself a little before she straighthen herself up, turning over and slapped on Heechul who just turned his head aside and closed his eyes again. ‘Get up!’

‘Umnnnn…’ Heechul brushed away Hyomin’s hand and shifted his position, leaning his head on her shoulder and wrapped his hand around her waist. Totally ignore her beckoning.

‘Yah…’ Hyomin patted on his face again, prying Heechul away from her and walked toward Hankyung and Leeteuk who is still rooted at their previous position when Heechul still refuse to budge. ‘Shall we get the boys up for breakfast? U guys had another series of practicing coming along right?’

‘Umnn… yes..’ Leeteuk nodded, looking toward Hankyung who nodded a little at her word.

‘I am waking my sister up…’ Hyomin pointed toward Heechul’s room and walked in, leaving Hankyung and Leeteuk who is standing awkwardly at the hallway.

‘We… better wake the rest up…’ Hankyung suggested, pointing toward the room.

‘Right… I am calling the 11th floor…’ Leeteuk nodded, walking back to his room in search for his phone. Leeteuk gazed at his phone for a moment after he ended the conversation with Ryeowook. The sight of Hyomin huddling close to Heechul still fresh in his mind and he is feeling extremely uncomfortable at the thought of it. He knew they are close, but he never did realize they are this close….   

……………………

Leeteuk arrived early at the studio today and stepped into the empty studio.  He gave out a broad smile as he walked toward Hyomin who is busily preparing the clothing for the boys’.

‘Hyomin….’ Leeteuk tapped on her shoulder, giving her a big smile when she turned over.

‘Oh… Teukie… u are early…’ Hyomin gasped, turning over briefly to get on with her chores  again. ‘Ririn! Is Donghae’s suit with u?’ Hyomin yelled across to Ririn who seems to be flustered too.

‘Yeah!!! With me!!! Ryeowook, Kangin, Eunhyuk, Kibum and Heechul’s as well!!!’ Ririn answered, checking on the stack of clothing in front of her.

‘Good…’ Hyomin muttered to herself, placing her hand on her forehead and heaved out a sigh of relieve. ‘Sorry, Teukie..  u are saying?’

‘Nothing… so, is everything quite alright?’

‘Yeah… I suppose…’ Hyomin nodded, walking toward the dressing table, opening up her make up box. ‘Do u want me to get started with u?’

‘Sound like a good idea…’ Leeteuk nodded, it been quite some time since Hyomin helped him with his make up and he does miss those moments with her.

‘Right… give me a second… I need a wash of hand…’ Hyomin run toward the washroom and washed her dusty hand, wiping it dry with her handkerchief. She is surprise when she found that Leeteuk is not in the studio anymore when she turned back.

‘I am here… Take this..’ Leeteuk push a cup of hot green tea to Hyomin and casted a smile to her after that.

‘Oh… thank.. u…’ Hyomin smiled, taking over the steaming hot cup from Leeteuk gratefully. She took a small sip of the tea before she placed the cup on the table.

‘Arent we going to get thing started?’ Leeteuk asked, turning over to look at Hyomin.

‘Right…’ Hyomin stoop down and check on Leeteuk’s skin, she pull out a piece of tissue and gently dabbed on his skin before she pour some emulsion on her palm. ‘Your skin are quite dry… Didn’t u take care of it?’ Hyomin asked casually as she rubbed the emulsion on his skin gently.

‘I am not aware of that… U are always the one who told me what to do previously...’ Leeteuk pouted and looked at Hyomin woefully.

‘Hehehe~ are u putting the blame to me now?’ Hyomin chuckled, patting on his face lightly in to ensure his skin absorb the nutrient from the emulsion.

‘Yeap…’ Leeteuk nodded and her and started to chuckle again when Hyomin frowned at his answer.

‘Right… I am to blame for everything… Kyu blame me when pimples started to pop on his face because he didn’t bother to  remove his make up, u blaming me when your skin are dry due to your negligence.. Very good…’ Hyomin said sarcastically as she poured some make up base on her palm.

‘So now u see what a heavy responsible u are having?’ Leeteuk asked, looking at her.

‘Yeah… can u please close your eyes now?’ Hyomin chuckled, dabbing the foundation on his skin.

‘Right, please make me handsome…’ Leeteuk chuckled, closing his eyes as per told.

‘I am only enhancing it… You look good enough as it is..’ Hyomin said as he rubbed the foundation on his skin carefully, spreading it evenly across his face.

‘Really?’ Leeteuk opened his eyes and looked at Hyomin, who is shocked when Leeteuk suddenly opened his eyes. Hyomin drifted herself slightly away and nodded at him before she get back to her chores again.

‘Mina…’ Leeteuk called out to the name that he been neglecting for quite a while and grabbed at her hand.

‘Huh?’ Hyomin gaped, looking at Leeteuk. A bit shocked at his sudden display of intimateness.

‘I miss these time with u, talking, teasing each other….’ Leeteuk declared.

‘Oh…Arent we… talking right now?’ Hyomin took her hand away from him awkwardly and turned her back on him, seemingly trying to locate the right product to put on his face.

‘So, I suppose I will be the one to send u home again later?’ Leeteuk asked, waiting for her answer patiently.

‘Lets get this thing done 1st… I am afraid Ririn and I won’t be able to cope today… Our schedule clashed with the Shinee today so we are quite shorthanded today…’ Hyomin rambled on, escaping his question by putting her hand on her job.

‘Ok…’ Leeteuk nodded at her answer, no matter what he is bent on waiting for her and spend sometime with her after their MV shooting.

Hyomin started to feel relieve when Leeteuk stop talking for once and started to get really engross in doing up his make up. The concept of this album are more on mature, gentleman concept thus making her job a little easier since no special effect make up is needed. Leeteuk opened his eyes and looked at Hyomin who is now trying to enhance the shape of his eyebrow and put his hand up, tucking the strands of hair that’s falling to her face.

Hyomin jumped at his sudden action and looked at Leeteuk for a brief moment, feeling a little out of the place.

‘Mina…’ Leeteuk looked at her with a hurtful look, making Hyomin felt guilty almost immediately.

‘Sorry…. I supposed I was a bit uptight…’ Hyomin said with much difficulty. She wishes the boys will be here soon, somehow he doesn’t enjoy being alone with Leeteuk like this. He is making her feeling even more awkward than them not talking previously.

‘Really?’ Leeteuk asked, maybe he is being a little impatient… He will have to take note at this, one step at a time. He understands he can’t expect Hyomin to accept him back like nothing unpleasant happen between the 2 of them just like that. Not when he know that he hurted her in the 1st place.

‘Hmnn… so, please forgive me if I am a little jumpy….’ Hyomin nodded, started to style Leeteuk’s hair according to the designed image for him.

Hyomin heaved a sigh of relieve when the boys started to troop in, she smiled and greeted at every single of the boys and chuckled when Kyuhyun started to aegyo to her.

‘I wanted to be the next, Hyomin ah… I wanted u to help me, please say u will help me..’ Kyuhyun pleaded, in a very kiddy matter.

‘I said I am washing my hand off u…’ Hyomin replied, without even looking at the maknae.

‘Eigh…. Hyomin….please tell me u didn’t mean it…Nobody understand me like u do…’ Kyuhyun continued, trying to get into Hyomin’s good book. He smirked when Hyomin started to chuckle, knowing he had successfully bowled Hyomin over.

‘Maknae… isn’t it rude to jump the queue just like that? U mean u want your hyung to wait for u?’ Kangin hissed at the maknae, with his hand crossed.

‘Ah…. Of course, hyung can always jump my queue… I just wanted to make sure Hyomin doesn’t abandon me….’ Kyuhyun answered, smiling brightly at his hyung.

‘U…..’ Kangin chuckled, slapping on the maknae’s arm. ‘U know Ririn always handle me…’

‘U guy like to stuck up to Hyomin nowadays and I am getting incredibly jealous here…’ Ririn said with a pout.

‘We didn’t….’ The boys protested, with Donghae, Ryeowook and Eunhyuk quickly dashed forward and gave her a hug.

‘Lie…’ Ririn muttered. However, that smile on her lip can’t hide the fact that she is pleased with the guys’ action.

‘I am here!!!!’ Heechul announced, walking straight over to Hyomin and flopped down on the seat, casting a knowing look over to Hyomin.

‘Hmmnn… are u aegyoing with me too? Kyu said he wanted to be next..’ Hyomin chuckled, wiping her hand with a tissue.

‘Kyu, any objection?’ Heechul asked, pleased when the maknae shook his head almost immediately.

‘See… that’s what I meant…’ Ririn sighed, pretending to be sad.

‘U please do not pretend… u are happy to get rid of me I know…’ Heechul chuckled.

‘Heheheheheheh~’ Ririn chuckled, without even looking up from what she is doing.

‘Fine…’ Hyomin rolled her eyes when Heechul pucked his lip up and gave her a flying kiss, laughing at his action after that. She pinched on his face gently when Heechul gave her a cute wink.

‘Do u do have to do that before u start your make up? Good for skin?’ Heechul asked, rubbing on the place where Hyomin just pinched on.

‘Shut up!’ Hyomin chukled, slapping on his shoulder. Heechul gave out a bright smile before he shut his eyes, ready for his make up. Leeteuk who appeared to be talking to Ryeowook can’t seem to concentrate.. He can’t help noticing the close interaction between Hyomin and Heechul. Heechul does miss part of their schedule before this thus he didn’t really notice how the both of them interact before this.  And undeniably, they look relax in front of each other…

‘Your hair growth long again…’ Hyomin comentend, running the comb on Heechul’s hair before she secure his long fringe with a pin to get the hair away from his face.

‘Yeah… aren’t u going to tied it up?’ Heechul asked, running his hand on his hair.

‘That’s for next take… stop messing around and let me do my job….’ Hyomin slapped on his hand and started to style his hair again. ‘And are u prepared? U didn’t attend much practice…’

‘No worry, no problem… I have u here with me…’ Heechul commented cheekily, smirking at her chuckling face.

‘What had it got to do with me?’ Leeteuk turned his head toward Hyomin when he heard her crips laughter. Leeteuk frowned when he saw Heechul pulling on Hyomin’s hand and tried to peck on it. However, Heechul didn’t get what he wanted when Hyomin pull back her hand almost immediately upon realizing his intention. She pushed him away from her table and beckoned to Kyuhyun who gave out some grumble as he just started a round of battle on his PSP.

The boys bowed to the crew after the successful MV shooting and started to pack up, ready to go back to rest.

‘Bye everyone~’ Hyomin waved to the boys and scurried out of the room before Leeteuk catch up with her. She decided to opt for Hyona’s ride, that’s the easiest and most effective way to avoid Leeteuk intention of sending her home.

Leeteuk looked at Hyomin in disappointment as she waved at them from Hyona’s car. He had a strong feeling Hyomin is running away from him. He heaved a out a sigh and looked at his phone. Right… he shall call and talk to her later…

‘Heenim??’ Leeteuk turned over when he felt someone tapped on his shoulder.

‘Yeah… going back? Do u want a ride? I am driving?’ Heechul offered, he will be able to talk to Leeteuk in private that way.

‘Fine…’ Leeteuk hesitated for a moment before he nodded at Heechul.

Both Heechul and Leeteuk remain quiet for a moment. Leeteuk decided to speak up 1st, trying to find out the answer to the question on his mind

‘Hyona seems pretty attached to Hyomin, huh?’

‘Oh… yeah… Hyona will be going back to Taiwan once her holiday ended, thus they are busily trying to catch up..’ Heechul nodded as he speaks casually.

‘Hyomin… seems to have told u lots of things?’ Leeteuk asked carefully.

‘She did….’ Heechul nodded.

‘Well… did she told u anything about us?’ Leeteuk asked carefully.

‘She did too, previously….’ Heechul nodded.

‘I am glad u are looking after her well for me, Heenim… I really appreciate that…’ Leeteuk turned his head toward the Diva who is driving now and smile at him.

Heechul on the other hand, remain quiet as he drove toward their dorm. Not knowing what to say, Leeteuk too remained quiet. Heechul exhale noisily the moment he stopped his car and turned toward Leeteuk, looking at him straight in the eyes when Leeteuk turn his head over.

 ‘To be frank, Leeteuk…I am not looking after her, because of u… I do it because I wanted to….’ Heechul looked at Leeteuk who appeared to be surprise at his statement. Leeteuk heaved out a heavy breath before he continued.

‘Well…I know u both are close…’

‘U knows what I mean Leeteuk… So, please do not put a shade of grey over us…’ Heechul looked at his lap and brushed his hand against his thigh mindlessly.

 ‘I didn’t expect that from u, Heenim… definetly not from u…’ Leeteuk had thought that Hyomin is just another close friend of Heechul. He never did realize that Heechul carried that sort of special feeling toward Hyomin.

‘Do u know how she pull through when u rejected her explanation previously? Do u ever know how she get out of that?’ Heechul asked, looking over to Leeteuk who had gone quiet. ‘I do….So… I am not going to let go just like that.…U lose the chance…’ Both of them went totally quiet after that, none of them speak up.

‘She knew about how u feel?’ Leeteuk asked.

‘No, not yet…’ Heechul shook his head. He intended to lets things just takes it place naturally before this. But seems like current situation doesn’t allow him to do so… Leeteuk nodded slightly as he looked down to his own lap. He turned his face over and looked at Heechul for a brief moment.  

‘Heenim…. Right, I may had lose one chance… but that doesn’t mean I can’t get it back…’ Leeteuk said with a little smile. He thinks, Hyomin still carried that kind of special feeling toward him.

‘So… it’s a declaration of war?’ Heechul asked.