The Wedding Bell 2

The Wedding Bell 2

 

PART 6

Take Me to the High Sky


 

Ji Yeong’s age now 62 years old. She felt old, really old, although Changjo always said that she still really healthy,

“You look so healthy, eomma,” Changjo said one day. Ji Yeong sighed,

“But I feel old. In here,” she touched her chest. Changjo didn’t know what to say until Mi Na came and bring her daughter. Little Ji Yeong grew up and turned into beautiful child.

“Ji Yeong~a...Come to halmeoni and show her your picture,” Mi Na said to her daughter.

Then little Ji Yeong came to her grandmother while brought her picture book,

Halmeoni! Look at my picture! She really like you!” she looked enthusiastic.

Ji Yeong started to smile,

“Where? Show me,” and little Ji Yeong sat on her lap.

Changjo and Mi Na looked at each other and smiled when they saw Ji Yeong started to laugh.

“Poor eomma...” Changjo sighed. Mi Na nodded,

“Yes. I think if I were her, I’ll feel lonely too...” 

But when Ji Yeong was 70 years old, she fell sick. Changjo felt so worry to her. He never left her alone. He even brought a wheelchair for Ji Yeong because Ji Yeong was too weak to stood up.  

Eomma, eomma...” he said worriedly. Ji Yeong looked at him with sad sight,

Omo, Changjo...”    

Changjo held her hands,

“Be strong, eomma...be strong...”

Ji Yeong nodded then she smiled while looked at Changjo’s face.

“I will. Omo, You grow up so well. I never realized that,”

Changjo smiled a little,

“It’s because of you. You raise me so well, eomma...”

Ji Yeong’s eyes suddenly wet. Changjo was really surprised,

Omo, what’s happen, eomma?”

Ji Yeong looked at him once again,

“You really like someone that I love, Changjo...Many years ago...” Ji Yeong said and then sighed.

Changjo surprised once again,

“Really, eomma? Everyone told me that I really like someone that you know... Who is he? I never asked you before,”

Ji Yeong pointed at the bookcase,

“Take the album photo. The topmost,” she said and Changjo quickly did it.

“Here it is, eomma,”

Then Ji Yeong opened that album, sometimes she touched the photos and her memory seemed back to the past. Then she found Changjo’s photos,

“You really like him,”

And Changjo looked at that photo and surprised,

“Ah! He’s like me!” and he smiled widely. Ji Yeong smiled too,

“He’s my husband...He died before you I adopted you. And he’s name was Changjo too, my son...”

Changjo looked at that photo once again,

“Do you still love him, eomma? That’s why you never marry again?” he asked.

Ji Yeong looked at the photo and smiled,

”Perhaps I never found someone like him, Changjo. Or perhaps I never love someone bigger that my love to him,”

Changjo touched his mother’s arm,

Eomma. Don’t be sad again. You still have me, Mi Na and little Ji Yeong. Ji Yeong will grow up and you’ll be happy to see her,”

Ji Yeong smiled to him,

“I know...”

***

Ji Yeong felt unhealthy that night. He couldn’t sleep and felt so weak.

Aigoo, I really want to sleep...”

Then she tried to sleep again but she couldn’t. Then she walked to the window and opened the curtain, and when she did that, she suddenly remembered something.

She still remembered it as clear as many years before. When Changjo was sick and Teen Top member and her celebrated his birthday. Teen Top members lighted up the fireworks.

Then she remembered when she married. Changjo looked really pale but his happy face couldn’t be hidden. He kept smiled and looked at her.

She remembered too when Changjo made her shy when he called her “yeobo”.  

 

“Yeobo…” he said and made Ji yeong’s cheek blushed again.

“Ah…um…” Ji Yeong didn’t know what to say. Changjo smiled,

“Ah…your cheek is blushed!”

Ji Yeong covered her face with her palm,

“Stop teasing me…” she said. Changjo laughed a little,

“Ah…OK…” but he started to tease Ji Yeong again when Ji Yeong uncovered her face.

“Yeobo…” and once again Ji Yeong’s face turned red quickly.

 

Ji Yeong smiled a little. Ah, she really loved him...Even when they still a kid...

She ever said to Ricky, before Ricky died that when they still a kid, Teen Top members liked to . And Changjo was the only one who always helped her.

 

They still 6 years old. And Ji Yeong cried after C.A.P and the other Teen Top members took her lollipop,

“Give it back to me, C.A.P oppa!!!” little Ji Yeong cried loudly.

C.A.P just laughed and shouted,

“You must give me something first for replacement!”

Ji Yeong cried because she had nothing to C.A.P. Then suddenly she saw Changjo walked to her and stood near her.

“This. I give you your favorite flavor, strawberry,”

Ji Yeong stopped to cry and she raised her head. Changjo smiled and Ji Yeong smiled too.

“You can play with me. Don’t bother about them,” he said and took Ji Yeong’s hand.

 

Dear Changjo...Ji Yeong smiled once again and looked at behind the window. It’s already dawn. The sun started to shine. Ji Yeong took her wheelchair and looked at beautiful scenery in front of her.

Beautiful sunset. She really liked it. But then suddenly strange event happened. She saw Teen Top members ran on the street out there. They still...young. Like before Changjo died...She even heard their laughed... Then they realized that Ji Yeong looked at them and turned their head. Ji Yeong saw their happy face.

C.A.P smiled to her, then followed by Chunji and L. Joe.   

“Ji Yeong~a!!!” Niel waved his hands. Then Ricky shouted too,

“Let’s play with us, Ji Yeong!”

Ji Yeong startled. If there were Teen Top members, it meant...

Then she saw him. Changjo appeared and smiled to her...Omo, how much Ji Yeong missed that smile...

Ji Yeong wanted to go out there and ran to him. So she brought her wheelchair to the door. Then she tried to stood up but she fell again to the chair. Ji Yeong felt like to cry.

Changjo realized it and then walked to Ji Yeong. Ji Yeong smiled to him. Teen Top members waited behind him. 

Ji Yeong smiled to him and Changjo gave his hands.

“I have waiting for you...” Changjo looked at her and smiled too. Ji Yeong raised his hands and Changjo held it.

“Let’s go, jagiya...” he said.

Ji Yeong felt really happy then walked next to him. Teen Top members smiled then they started to walk together.