The First Meeting

ONE DAY DATE

 

Seohyun felt drowsy when she woke up. Her head felt heavy as she tried to open her eyes. With all her might, she picked herself up and steadied herself. Half-consciously, she rubbed her eyes which were barely open.

“Where am I,” she scanned the surroundings. She didn’t know where she was, and couldn't even remember anything. Suddenly her eyes rested on a sleeping figure. A man was sleeping on a couch near her. Her face immediately scrunched up in confusion when she realized who it was.

“Isn’t that, Seungri?”

Flashback

Her fingers were now inches away from him; the man who looks eerily familiar to her. He was still sleeping like a log on the bench, when she lurched out her hand towards him.

Anxiety rushed through her veins as her hands got closer. However, before she could even lay a finger on him, a firm hand suddenly grasped her shoulder from behind.

The contact took her by surprise and her body jolted up in bewilderment. She twirled around and was shocked to see a man, standing dangerously-close to her.

If he was a centimeter closer, she would have easily bumped into him; which would’ve been awkward.

Cautiously, she took a few steps back away from him. When she was finally at a safe distant, her shock-stricken eyes scrutinized him, incoherently.

It was the same man that she was staring at earlier; the guy wearing the white shirt and black sweater.

The man mirrored her look; looking at her meticulously, before his lips curled into a wide grin. Cocking her eyebrows in confusion, she returned his gaze questioningly.

Why’s he smiling? Is there something on my face? Why does he look so familiar?; Seohyun still felt like she had seen him before.   

The man suddenly offered his hand at the puzzled girl. Alternately, she looked at him and his hand, before she finally managed to process what he was implying to. She pondered for a while whether she should shake hands with him.

Strangely enough, she complied and shook his hands, even though she was still oblivious to the stranger’s identity; which was something she rarely does. He opened his mouth and was probably about to introduce himself, when the guy behind her suddenly interjected.

“Oh, hyung! You’re here. Who’s she?” the sleeping guy had finally returned from dream-land. He was wide awake now; eyes staring straight at her with an eyebrow raised.

The other man smiled at him and let go of her hand. He then proceeded to slowly saunter towards the other guy; who still had his eyes glued to her.

“Oppa…..did you find….” out of the blue, came another voice; a girl’s voice. As the girl entered the picture, Seohyun stared at her intently. Her brain juice started to process the girl’s image from top to bottom.

“Seohyunnie! What a coincidence. I didn’t know you’re still here,”

That voice. I know that voice anywhere; it finally registered to her, who the girl was. Her face lit up with a smile when she was totally sure of who she was. It was none other than her unnie, Jessica.

“Unnie! What are you doing here?” the question escaped as both of them embraced themselves in a warm, sisterly-hug.

After they broke their hug, Jessica quickly got herself next to the guy that Seohyun had just shook her hands with. He smiled at Jessica as she introduced him to her.

“Seohyun, this is Choi Seunghyun, a.k.a T.O.P. You know, Bigbang. And f.y.i, he is my blind date,” Jessica shrilly squealed at Seohyun. She was stunned when she heard Jessica said that her blind date was T.O.P.

Date

T.O.P

Jessica unnie

Together

Ok, now I’ve seen it all.

Seohyun was still having a hard time swallowing the fact that her Jessica unnie was dating the charismatic-rapper, T.O.P. It was just so bizarre to see them together.

She picked her jaw off the floor and gave Jessica a how-did-this-happen look, shrugging her shoulder at the same time.

Jessica could clearly interpret Seohyun's body language. She knew that the maknae was shocked out of believe to see her together with Choi Seunghyun.

“Wow, hyung! Dating Jessica from SNSD! Now, there’s an upgrade,” Seohyun suddenly remembered about the other guy’s presence, when he pointed out that comment at Choi Seunghyun.

Hyung? He’s calling T.O.P sunbaenim, hyung? Is he a member of Bigbang too?; she still didn't know who he was.

“Yah, what’s that suppose to mean, you pea-brain?” Choi Seunghyun responded to the comment with a light punch on Lee Seunghyun’s shoulder.

“You’re…..Seungri”

“Well done, genius. Took you long enough” Lee Seunghyun gave her a sarcastic look. Jessica chuckled at the remark while Choi Seunghyun nudged his colleague on the shoulder.  

All of them sat on the bench together after they had properly introduced themselves. Seohyun sat next to her Jessica unnie, who was cuddling herself comfortably next to Choi Seunghyun.

He still had a smile plastered on his face. He looked at Jessica with his infamous stare, while Lee Seunghyun watched the couple, shaking his head at the same time. Seohyun on the other hand, could only smile at them.

The girls then started to chat around as Jessica filled Seohyun in on her blind date. During the conversation, the maknae just nodded her head and smiled at her unnie as Jessica dramatically spat out her story.

They laughed when Jessica got to the point where she told her how surprised she was when she found out that her blind date was Choi Seunghyun.

“I was like, ahhh…..” the older girl screamed at her ear in excitement. Choi Seunghyun gazed at Jessica and joined in the laughter when he heard her squeling like a little girl. She was overly-excited.

Lee Seunghyun though, was still quiet; as if there was some kind of an invisible lock on his mouth that was keeping his mouth shut. He wasn’t interested in listening Jessica’s story at all, and had no attention of being a part of it too.

“He looks way….more handsome in person. Isn’t he dreamy,” Jessica whispered to Seohyun’s ear, almost inaudibly.

Seohyun could  clearly tell that Jessica was sky-rocketing on cloud nine. She was a big fan of Bigbang and it had always been a dream of any fangirl, to date their favourite idol. She was really glad that Jessica’s dream came true.

They continued to chat for a few more minutes before Choi Seunghyun finally stood up.

“Well, I guess we better get going. Nice meeting you Seohyun. Oh and here’s your sweater, bro. Thanks for borrowing it to me. It was freakin frezin out there,” Choi Seunghyun slowly took off the black sweater on his back and handed it back to its rightful owner.

“No problem, bro. Have a good date, hyung”

“Yeah! Same goes to you. Good luck maknae, and please don’t mess it up,” Choi Seunghyun pleaded to him when he said those last few words. Seohyun stared at him with a puzzled look. He's going on a date too....

“Bye, Seohyunnie! Good luck on your first date,” Jessica folded her hands with Choi Seunghyun’s. She gave Seohyun a big-smile, giggling at the same time as she waved her goodbye. Seohyun had never seen her smiling like that before; and it was really creeping her out.

Before long, the happy couple blended into the motley of people that flooded the Gangnam Station. The outline of their figure slowly disappeared as they exited the place and went on with their date. Seohyun was now left with Lee Seunghyun.

They were sitting at both ends of the bench, away from each other. The air was silent and awkward. They didn't know how to start off a conversation, since they barely even know each other. 

Moments of irregular silent went by as both of them sat on the bench like perfect strangers.

“So…you’re going on a date too, huh. First date?” Lee Seunghyun finally broke the silence that was starting to suffocate them. Seohyun looked at him with a smile and nodded her head; feeling relieved that he was finally talking.

“Good for you, I guess”

“What about you? Is this your first date too?” Lee Seunghyun thought for a while when he heard her question. His expression suddenly turned dead-serious.

Seohyun rolled her eyes at him and noticed the serious look that he had on his face. She scratched her head in confusion. He was frowning and staring at the floor, and she had no idea why.

Was it something I said? I only asked him if it was his first date; Seohyun couldn’t help but feel like she was the one responsible for making him tensed all of the sudden.  She continued to ponder about his sudden change of mood, whilst her brain tried to figure out what to say to him.

What should I say?

Driven by guilt, she slowly closed in on him. The latter didn’t realize it though, since he was too busy spacing out. Seohyun was now sitting next to him, yet he was still frozen on his seat like a statue.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry if I said something that hurt your feeling,” the question was left hanging without any answer. She wore a sad and apologetic look on her face when he remained silent. Her battered emotions shifted gear from bad to just terrible.

Maybe he needs some time alone; the silent-treatment that he was giving her, made her considered the idea of living him. She got up from her seat with her eyes, gazing at him. He still didn’t show any reaction.

She slowly turned around and got one foot off the ground. However, before she could proceed to start walking, a hand grasped her wrist from behind with a firm grip. She froze, almost instantly. 

To be Continued