The Day We Met

Fox Rain

Yunho pov

Just few seconds ago, I thought today was the perfect day to go, for walking around. The sun was shining brightly, the sky was blue without no clouds on it. And now!? Not much different. But where the hell these water drops coming from!? What kind of weather is this? It's not supposed to be rain in sunny day.
This rain's just silly, like its name: Fox Rain. I have no idea why people named it 'Fox Rain'. They said this kind of rain falls when the fox's wedding ceremony is being held. Why must fox? Why not cats, dogs, or else?
And why did I keep complaining? Like there's nothing else to do right now. But this rain already made me cannot do anything. I was trapped here, in this shelter, alone.
Actually I wanna run through the rain, then I remembered: there's an SLR camera in my bagpack. Even a little moist can make it broken, what will happen if it's getting wet? Okay, Yunho, nothing you can do. Just wait here patiently.

Brrrrrr. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrating. When I checked the ID, it's Changmin who called.
"Yoboseyo?"
"Yunho-hyung, WHERE ARE YOU!? Jaejoong-hyung, Yoochun-hyung, Junsu-hyung, they already came, except you."
"I think I'm gonna be late. I'm trapped here because of rain."
"You don't bring umbrella?"
"No." This summer, by the way. No one can predict it would be rain.
"Quickly come here if the rain have stopped. But I'm not sure there's still any food for you if you come." I could hear he chuckled before hung up the phone.
"Jeez!"
It's Yoochun's birthday party now. And he treated us in a sashimi restaurant, the expensive one! Such a pleasure for student like us. Jaejoong and Junsu, they're on diet, they won't eat that much. But Changmin, that shiksin kid, he won't let even just a small pieces of food left. Just imagining like this already made me hungry. I blamed my self for not bringing umbrella with me.

Few minutes later, after waiting alone. I saw a girl running, while covering her head with her sling bag. She's trapped because of rain. Wait, she ran here, approaching me. Likely she's searching for a shelter.
The she's standing right next to me. I stole a glance at her. Her dress and her hair became wet because of the rain.
I mesmerized. I never saw a beautiful girl like her before. She has long black hair. Skin a little tanned, but it made her looked so y. She's wearing a white dress. Just like a goddess in white. Suddenly my heart beat faster. What is this feeling?
"Tiger rain," she murmured.
But I still could hear it.
"It's fox rain, not tiger rain. This rain happens when fox wedding ceremony is being held."
I replied her, tried to start an conversation.
But failed, it just made her more awkward. I thought she won't respond back.
After a long silence, she finally said, "No, it happens when tiger married."
I smiled, "Whatever."
"When will this rain stop?" she asked.
"It usually doesn't last long. But I already wait here for 30 minutes and it doesn't stop yet,"
"Actually, I have an appointment with my friend now. I thought I could come on time. But suddenly the rain falls."
Her situation's just like me. What a coinsidence!
I chuckled, "Me too."

Then I realized something. This girl, there's no expression drawn in her face. Plain, just like a white paper. Was she sick? Was she not in good mood? Or did she already forget how to smile?
"Do you have tissue paper? Or towel," she asked.
She must need something to wipe her wet hair.
"Let me see."
"Please."
I d my bag. Hope finding something inside. And I found something. Huh!? A yellow umbrella? I didn't remember bringing this. Ah, this must be Changmin's umbrella. He borrowed my bag yesterday and forgot to take it out.
"Do you have?" she asked again.
I looked at her then shooked my head. She surprised seeing me pull out an umbrella from my bag.
"You told me you didn't bring it."
"Actually I brought this yesterday and forgot to take it out. So, it's left in my bag."
"You can borrow it," I continued.
Then she looked at me with disbelieved face.
"It's okay, you don't have to. I'm already late by the way."
"But you seem in hurry."
"How about you? Don't you need it too?"
I grabbed her hand and put my umbrella on it. Damn! Her skin is just as soft as silk. She surprised a little because I suddenly touched her hand.
"Don't mind me," I tried to make her believe.

She accepted my kindness in the end, after thinking for a while. Still without a smile, she said 'thank you' then quickly left. I saw her going to north. Wow, she ran very fast. It seemed she's really in hurry. She went just seconds ago and now she had disappeared with no trace.Somehow I felt a little loss, just seeing her gone like this. Will we meet again?
Then I realized something. Wait! She headed to north, it's same direction with sashimi restaurant. And I intended going to that direction too. Suddenly I became speechless.
"Yunho, you're idiot! Why didn't you just use the umbrella together with her? You could go to sashimi restaurant. She could go anywhere too. Maybe you could continue chatting with her, getting her phone number. Killing two bird with one stone. But now ...!? You ruined everything."
And I could only regret.