Lied To

100% Bad Guy & the Artificial Girl

♫Angel - EXO-K 

Sungmi quickly jumped off of Jonghwan.  Both of their faces were burning red and neither of them dared to look into the other's eyes.  "M-mianhae…" Sungmi said. 

"I-it's okay." Jooyeon smiled and chuckled at the two clueless teens.  "Unnie!" Sungmi snapped out of her daze and looked at the girl.  "Have you ever fallen in love?" she asked.  Sungmi quickly shook her head.  Just like Oppa… Jooyeon thought. 

"Unnie, you and Oppa should date." she said with a wink.  Sungmi's eyes widened and her cheeks turned even pinker.  Jonghwan's eyes widened and he quickly bonked his sister's head lightly.  "Yah.  Jo Jooyeon, don't say that stuff.  It's awkward." Sungmi nodded. 

What if we did date though… they both thought. 

~~~~~~~

"It was nice meeting you Unnie!  Oppa!  Don't let strangers steal her!" Jooyeon bid goodbye.  Sungmi chuckled and waved back.  "Are you hungry?" Jonghwan asked. "Or should I walk you home?" 

"Is that on your will or your sister's?" she joked.  Jonghwan chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully.  "Mine." he said.  "Umm~" Sungmi sang.  "Hmm.. I have food at home so…oh!  Wait!  I want to show you someplace!" Sungmi said cheerfully.  Jonghwan raised a brow. 

"Come on!" she said while dragging him. 

Jonghwan blushed at the contact between them.  He stared at their interlocked hands and then at the Sungmi.  He couldn't help but smile. 

Sungmi couldn't believe what she was doing.  She felt so fearless and confident and she liked the feeling of Jonghwan's hand interlaced with hers.  She looked back at his smiling face and shyly looked away.  Am I...starting to fall for him..? she asked herself. 

~~~~~~~

"Ta-dah!" Sungmi said.  In front of Jonghwan stood the famous “Hello Kitty Café”.

"I've always wanted to come here, but my friends weren't really into Hello Kitty, is it okay?" she asked.  Jonghwan looked at the cafe then her.  Cute, like her.  "It's fine.” Sungmi smiled cheerfully and pulled him inside.

After eating some small snack food and getting some hot chocolate, they exited the shop and started heading home.  Sungmi, however, also wanted to stop by the ahjumma's place before heading home.  

"Jonghwan, I'm going to go visit somebody so you go ahead." He nodded. "Thanks for ice cream." He said. "Thank you for the hot chocolate!" Sungmi cheered and happily slurped down a sip.  She ended up with chocolate on her lips. 

Crap, Jonghwan… he thought.  Jonghwan took a step towards Sungmi, surprising her.  He lifted her chin up.  I-i-is he doing what I think he's doing?!  He used his thumb to wipe the corner of her lips.  "So dirty." Sungmi's eyes widened at how close they were and she backed away. 

"T-thanks," she said. "I'll talk to you later." She waved goodbye.  Jonghwan nodded. 

That was the weirdest moment ever… they both thought. 

~~~~~~~

"Ahjumma!" Sungmi yelled entering the store.  The ahjumma turned around. "Sungmi-yah!" she cheered. "How was your day?"

"It was…unique?" she questioned cutely.  The ahjumma chuckled and ruffled her hair.  "You used to go to Newship, am I right?" Sungmi's eyes widened and she nodded.  "Waeyo Ahjumma?"

The woman let out a chuckle. "A young man came in here looking for a birthday present for a girl named Sungmi, and he was from NewShip.  Well, that's what his uniform said." ahe winked. "A-Are you sure it's me, Ahjumma?" She asked. 

She nodded.  "He was telling me all about this girl, how he and she were paired together as a couple, and how he confessed and got rejected because she's never liked anyone.  He told me he lied to her…something about pretending he liked another person so she wouldn't feel bad."

Sungmi's jaw dropped.  Someone lied to me…?

"Did you get his name Ahjumma?" She shook her head.  "But he had brown hair and he had the prettiest eyes." She said.  Prettiest eyes…  B-baekhyun?

"Is your birthday coming up though?" Sungmi nodded.  Don't tell me…

"Ahjumma, what did he get?" She raised a brow.  "It's a birthday present, I can't reveal that." Sungmi nodded. "I understand."

How can I ruin his surprise? Sungmi thought. 

~~~~~~~

"Excuse me, Ahjumma?" someone asked.  The ahjumma turned around to a handsome boy.  Wha...  He's so handsome. she thought.

"Neh?" she answered 

"Umm, I was wondering where do you keep the couple rings?" the boy asked.  She clapped.  "For your girlfriend?!  Cute!  Over in the corner over there.  Here, I will show you." 

"Ahah…not for my girlfriend, but for a girl I really like.  It’s for her birthday." he said rubbing the back of his neck.  Ahjumma chuckled. 

"What's this girl's name?" she asked. "Kim Sungmi." he answered.  She froze.  Is that my Sungmi?  No, it can't be… she thought 

"Are you confessing?" He shrugged. "I've already been rejected by her before because she never fell in love..." he said.  "She must be someone special to you." He cheerfully nodded.  "In our group of friends, we used to always be paired up with each other." He kept smiling thinking of her.  Ahjumma softened. "But I lied to her..." His face fell. "How?" she asked. "She was also a close friend, and she felt bad for rejecting me so…I told her that here was also someone else I liked..." She nodded. "That's understandable.  You didn't want her to feel bad."

"Do you think she would be mad if I told her I was lying?" he asked.  Ahjumma shook her head.  "I think she'd be thankful you were trying to get her to hurt less." 

The boy's face brigthened again.  "Thank you Ahjumma!  This ring is perfect," he said picking up two rings.  They had a heart design with little wings behind them.  

"Angels?" The boy nodded. "We're known as the 'smile of an angel' and 'voice of an angel' couple." She nodded as Baekhyun handed her twenty thousand won. 

"Thank you again!” he said and began to walk out. "Yah! They only cost half of what you gave me!" she yelled. "Keep the change!" He said as he dashed out.  Ahjumma chuckled at the boy's sweet gesture. 

"I hope that Sungmi he’s talking about is the same one I know.  She would be one lucky girl…”