12 ÷ 2

He Said, She Said.

At 21, Yang Yo Seob is still fascinatingly small in size. Well, for a guy anyway. Perhaps it is that that gives him an aura of child-likeness, but no one's really complaining about that. Not when it makes him that much more adorable. The boy young man stood by the bedroom door and smiled sincerely - he looked genuinely pleased to meet the new housemates. The image of him at that instant reminded the girls of a little kid excited to meet his favorite aunt at the annual Christmas gathering. One of them laughed out loud by accident.

"What?" He chuckled and directed his attention towards the girl just a foot away from his left. She shook her head shyly and he noticed her ears going red. Realising so, she attempted to casually let her hair down from its high ponytail. But nope, the act didn't look casual enough. Yo Seob smiled - he thought that she was cute. But before he had the chance to observe further, a heavy weight crashed upon his back, throwing him off balance and closer to red-eared girl. Now it was his turn to go red - in the nose. What a pair.

"Sorry hyung!" The boy who bumped into the fun-sized vocalist apologised casually but stopped out of awkwardness at the scene before him - there in the living room, were five young girls, with a sixth still coming towards them from the hallway, dragging her large suitcase behind her. He stared at her and sheepishly smiled. The tall-ish girl stared back, unabashed and clearly happy to meet him. Being the aegyo-full maknae that he is, Son Dong Woon waddled towards suitcase girl and bowed just slightly, before offering to hold onto her belongings. The girl looked straight at him and smiled a bright smile. Dong Woon grinned in return - and the couple with the cute eye-smiles was born.

Just as the two maknaes got used to their places beside the two girls, the rest of the members filed out of the room, with Hyun Seung popping - quite literally, in his dance machine, 4D way - out of no where, though where he was walking from suggested the kitchen. One of the girls looked at his right hand, in which was a bottle of strawberry milk. Definitely the kitchen, she thought to herself, at the same time approving of his taste in milk. He glided to a stop a bit closer than he had anticipated and she edged away in the opposite direction, being the shy girl that she is. He took a step back with his hands up in a "Sorry, my bad," manner and held out the bottle of milk in a way that reminded her of a confession. She smiled at her feet and found herself softening, feeling extremely flattered that he did his homework and found out about her strawberry religion.

"Ok guys, you gotta move faster, the introduction shouldn't take long," the PD urged and the crew members - that amounted to about 10 people - seemed to become particularly active. The rest of the Beast boys went up to their respective girls - of course, they knew who they were each paired with. They had chosen the girls themselves, after hours and hours of reviewing profiles and filtering down to the last six. Through all of that, the boys already knew their girls a lot better than any of them would've imagined. 

Leader Doo Jun went towards the kitchen where a pretty yet simply dressed girl was standing, bewildered when the guys suddenly appeared while she was in the midst of exploring the refrigerator.

"Hi," he smiled, not particularly shy, but not in that slightly cocky way that he usually did when he was around others. He had wanted to leave a good first impression on the girl that would be his girlfriend for the next half a year. In return, she smiled confidantly and stretched a hand out for him to shake. But the PD called for them to be in the living room for the filming, so he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the couches with him instead - looks like this couple's going to have an express-lane relationship. She would've blushed if she could, but she isn't the type to. Instead, she calmly followed him with a small smile.

"Ok, now we're going to just hover around you guys, so all you need to do is stay around here," the PD motioned the area around the living room, "and just, talk. You guys are just meeting each other and getting to know each other."

"And try to ignore us," he added as he noticed a pretty, perfectly made-up girl blink at the camera in a way that could only be described as flirty. Lee Gi Kwang looked from the PD to the pretty girl in front of him and chuckled. "Gi Kwang-ah, you may want to put on a shirt on top of that wife-beater singlet." the PD glanced at him. "This is an official MBC programme after all, not some documentary."

"I think he looks fine  like this." The girl blinked. She wasn't kidding and was serious down to the very last flirty flutter of her eyelids. Gi Kwang laughed, slightly in disbelief at her bluntness, slightly in admiration.

"Yeah, I think I look fine too." He chukled and smiled in satisfaction as the PD shook his head in mock exasperation. He looked back at the girl who did the same to him, but quickly glanced away and plopped herself onto the couch. He grinned and sat next to her; he liked her already. But of course, all of the boys liked their girls already from the start.

"Annyeonghaseyo!", "Annyeong.", "Hi! Hi!" rang throughout the living room. "You're Sae Byul?", "Ha Na, right!?", "Annyeong Eun Ae,", "Min Seo-ah! Yang Yo Seob ibnida!", "Hello, you're Hye Jin??" the apartment was filled with only the boys' voices. No female voice was heard in return and the stiff/nervous/blank expressions of the girls explained why. Slowly, some of them started to respond, and the tension in the room began to ease evidently. Before long, five out of the six girls started to ease up.

Except for a certain young lady with a dramatically cut and dyed hair-do that was perfectly styled into an intimidating mohwak. A red, mohawk. The Joker stood next to her, who was leaning against the bedroom door frame, uncertain of what to do or say. He was pleasantly surprised that this girl was a lot more shocking in person as compared to her profile photo, but at the same time didn't know what to do now that he was facing her. She wasn't a type he was used to.

"Bom Min Ji," he said, more a statement than a question in his frantic attempt to find something to break the silence. The girl looked at him with narrowed eyes and he felt himself take a small step back. Woah. Feisty. He found himself thinking. The PD focused on them for a while to film their awkward silence, then turned away when he realised that neither was going to say much more. Maybe that's why they say opposites attract...identicals...are scary. Or maybe it's just these two.

 

Boy oh boy, does anyone smell chaos and drama in the near future? Cheers to and hormones under one roof.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I AM LATE. Sorry :/ I got carried away reading this week's featured story, plus it's prequel. I think I'm in love with L.Joe now, teehe. That aside...anyone got what the chapter title meant? If you did, kudos, I personally thought it was rather ambiguous. What are you, psychic? ^^

Aight so, I've adopted a narrator's point of view for this fanfic. Only occasionally will I talk in perspectives. It's simpler this way, what with 12 different characters. Plus it's easier to see the bigger picture like this no? Comments?  :) Off to work on the next chapter then! :D