9

A Journey Back To Paradise

Woohyun p.o.v.

I felt myself wake up but my eyes did not open. My body ached. I felt as if I took a shower of pain. Each droplet of pain covered my body all over. I guess this is the end.

I heard the water splash as someone was walking towards us.

“It’s a pity that they didn’t make it,” said one person.

“Yea, they were so close to the flag. All they had to do was go down to the right then climb the ramp and follow the arrows to the right,” said a lady.

“Tsk tsk, it really is sad. Oh well, they still have time, maybe they’ll wake up,”

We have a chance!

The two began to walk away and I waited until they were completely gone to open my eyes. It took all the energy in my body to lift myself up and walk to Myungsoo. He was curled up together and he was breathing very heavily. I felt his forehead only to find that it was burning. He had a fever.

“Myungsoo-ah, Get up,” I said as I gently shook him.

He wouldn’t budge so I had to continue shaking him. After a while, his eyes flickered open and he stared at me in confusion.

“Myungsoo-ah, I know the way out. Let’s do our best to escape yea?” I asked him as I helped him up.

“Ah,” he said as he looked at his knee which he had popped.

“Ah, ah it hurts!” he said

I looked over at him and saw a single tear escape his eye. His lips were quivering and I could feel the pain radiating off of him.

I bent down in front of him and ordered him to get on my back. He jumped on and I began walking. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t hard carrying him. It was extremely hard. It was hard to carry my own weight but another person just added to the difficulty.

“Hyung, are you okay? It must be hard walking up a ramp,” asked L in a quiet voice.

“Mmm, I’m fine. You just worry about your knee. Keep it straight.”

Once we were up the ramp, I sighed in relief. I took a deep breath and followed the directions that the lady said.

“Where do you think everybody else is? Do you think they made it already?” Myungsoo asked.

“I don’t know actually. Maybe they did or maybe they’re walking around like us.”

“I hope they made it.”

“Me too…”

We continued walking and came across some windows, they all showed nothing but the darkness which relieved me; we still had a chance of reaching our paradise. I heard footsteps and quickly hid with Myungsoo still on my back. I knew I couldn’t fight anymore.

Soon, I knew he was gone and began walking forward. The weight of Myungsoo seemed to be getting heavier and heavier. Although I knew he was probably loosing blood as each minute passed. Maybe he carried too many thoughts; too many heavy thoughts which weighed down upon him and ultimately on me too.

Myungsoo began humming to fixed star. I joined in by singing out loud. It was the first time in about forever that I had sung. My voice felt relieved to finally be able to do what it’s best at.

Can I ever Forget you?

Can I forget that place which I lived in forever? Can I forget the smiling faces of my friends, family and home?

Can I get through this alone?

Am I strong enough to endure this?

Will I be able to tolerate living in that place again. Will I be okay not going back home? Will I?

And not put my fallen tears to waste

Can I try to smile?

Is it possible to smile again? To be happy? Joyful? Content? At ease?

After I finished singing the chorus I felt the cuts on my face sting. They were stinging due to the tears flowing into them.

“Hyung,” Myungsoo said as he got off my back, “Don’t cry! We have to be strong! We have a chance of leaving Hyung.”

 I nodded and wrapped my arm around Myungsoo to support him and we began walking once again. The tears had stopped but I would sniffle once in a while.

We were now walking through a hallway made of bricks with a yellow colour in it coming from the light. I had no idea what time it was, but I hoped that it was still dark outside. Myungsoo would put half of his weight on my and I could barely carry it. We were walking really slowly and using the wall to support ourselves.

As we continued moving forward, I saw a bright white light coming from the side.

No…no..it’s can’t be! The sun couldn’t have come out!

--

Did the sun come out? :o

There might be one long chapter left or two short ones. Not sure! I hope you enjoyed it so far :)