Insecurities

Two Oneshots for HulingElBimbo :)

 

Two weeks have passed yet Yuri's boyfriend was still avoiding her. Actually, she was glad when her manager announced that she and her members would be practicing for their upcoming song entitled I Got A Boy. Aside from spending time again with the other eight girls, she would actually be able to see her boy friend since SNSD's schedule for practicing overlapped with EXO's. But the chances kept slimming down as Kyungsoo did nothing but to throw a cold shoulder on her-whether he intended or not, she felt really distant with him.

She then heaved a long sigh before ruffling her own hair. Do Kyungsoo, her new boyfriend who was the first younger boy who was able to catch her mischievous heart. They've been together for almost a year now yet the boy never failed to shy away from her. Her heart really ached upon remembering such memories.

"Ah, unnie? We have been talking to you."

"Yuri unnie, you have been spacing out for a quite long now."

Yuri then got her senses back as her two maknaes waved their small, pretty hands in front of her. She just sighed heavily. "Ah? Really? Maybe I was just tired." She reasoned out.

But since Yoona and Seohyun were both a great observant, they didn't buy her explanation.

"This unnie and lying don't just click that well, do they?" Yoona asked the younger girl as she pertained to the tan-skinned girl. "Yes. I can clearly see that she has a problem that has been bothering her." Seohyun answered with a gentle shake of her head.

Yuri pouted at how the two younger girls calmly but sarcastically talked. She then sighed for the umpteen, mentally admitting defeat. "I...I am actually worried over Kyungsoo."

"Oh, DO-ssi?" Yoona asked. She then looked at the milky-white skinned girl beside her. "Why? What's with your hubby?" Seohyun added as she shrugged.

Yuri's frown got worse just by simply thinking of it. "Well, he has been avoiding me for the past two weeks. I mean, I was so happy since I thought we'd be able to see each other more often. But he was acting weird; obviously hiding from me."

"When was the last time you and Kyungsoo had a comfortable talk? I mean, just like any other day as a couple." Seohyun suddenly asked.

She knew that in times like these, it's either the boy did something that would cause him to hide himself from the girl or the girl herself did something bad that caused the boy not to talk to her. And knowing the couple's behavior, it would be Yuri who was at fault. Sometimes, she was a bit insensitive to her surroundings so she would have a tendency to act reckless.

Plus, she knew that Kyungsoo is such a sweetheart to do something bad on Yuri. But just in case, she would willingly cut the boy's throat and make sure that he wouldn't be able to sing forever, and ever again.

After she pondered, Yuri snapped her fingers in realization. "It was when I visited him last last week. I brought milk teas for us and we just happily talked about our lives..." She trailed off, thinking if the interrogation would even make sense.

"And...?" Yoona asked as she sort of felt that her unnie was leaving some important details. When Seohyun brought up the topic, she was sure that the girl was trying to trace the events.

"And...we also talked with Kai, Chanyeol, Kris and Lay-they were complimenting me for my drama when Kyungsoo excused himself. His fellow main vocals passed by so-wait, I don't even this would make sense. Ah, forget it!" She exclaimed, already losing her hope.

But the two only smirked at her.

"You're really one dense black pearl." Yoona daringly stated. Yuri formed a knot on her forehead and was about to smack the doe-eyed girl's head when Seohyun spoke with an intimidating smile. "Yuri unnie, she only meant that we already know what's the cause of your and Kyungsoo's problem." She calmly defended Yoona.

The maknae definitely got Yuri's attention. "What are you talking about?" She asked, flustered.

"Unnie, don't you remember that Kris and Lay used to court you? They were even competing against each other, just for you." Yoona stated as a matter of fact.

Yuri could clearly remember that but she frowned deeper since she still hadn't got what Yoona was trying to emphasize.

Seohyun, upon noticing her unnie's confused expression, had decided to explain further. "I don't want to beat around the bush anymore so I'm just going to tell this straight to the point." She paused. "Kyungsoo was simply jealous."

It took a longer time of silence until Yuri was finally able to register things in her mind. She then gasped, flabbergasted at the actualization that both Yoona and Seohyun gave her.

"No way..."

 

//     

 

Even if there was an on-going practice for SNSD, Yoona and Seohyun had fearlessly dragged their unnie to EXO's practice room. In order for their relationship not to get any worse that it was already, the maknaes believed that Yuri and Kyungsoo must fix their misunderstanding right away.  

"Is this even legal? We are currently practicing and EXO-K must also be having theirs." Yuri panicked. She actually just wanted to escape them since she was still on a shock about the high probability that her boyfriend was just jealous.

Yoona pushed the door and found the members of EXO-K leisurely lying on the wooden floor. She just shook her head because they were obviously not practicing. "Hey kids. Everyone should leave this room, except for Do Kyungsoo." She spoke sternly, emphasizing the name of her unnie's boyfriend.

The boys exchanged glances first, then to their main vocal who was currently frozen on his sport before finally succumbing to their sunbae's order. One by one, the boys left the room with Kyungsoo still wide-eyed and bewildered.

Yoona and Seohyun gave the tan-skinned girl a signal. "DO-ssi, I hope you won't ignore my unnie now. I'm sure this stupid unnie of ours deserves to explain herself." Yoona said as she teased the couple, just to ease the tension.

Yuri wished she hadn't rubbed the salt on her fresh wounds though.

"Fighting Kyungsoo and Yuri unnie!" Seohyun cheered.

And it didn't take long when the door was locked, leaving only the awkward couple, all by themselves.

 

//

 

"Uh, how are you?" Yuri broke the ice as she thought that she should be more responsible over the younger boy. At first, she thought that committing a relationship with younger guys were too much for responsibilities but being with Kyungsoo, she could actually think that she had just improved her sense of independence and maturity.

The boy just looked down on his sneakers, afraid that he might easily lose upon meeting his girlfriend's eyes. "I-I'm fine." He curtly replied. He didn't really intend to act cold towards her but his jealous side influenced him to act all tough.

Yuri gulped the lump that formed in . She had never felt this distant from him. "Do you know that I've been worrying since I couldn't seem to reach you even if we were actually just a room away? You didn't even reply to my text messages." Her voice even croaked, almost spilling her tears.

Kyungsoo shut his eyes off and tried not to listen.

"I was happy when I discovered that my members and I would frequently go here. But I was really distressed since you've been obviously ignoring me. I was...I was just worried that you might have gotten sick of me already. That, maybe...you don't want anymore because I am too old for you." She coyly admitted. Part of her actually thought that way; if wasn't for his words.

Kyungsoo couldn't help himself already and defended his love for the older woman. "No! Definitely no, it wasn't anything like that." He said, a bit pained.

Yuri instantly smiled. "I know Kyungsoo. When you told me that you love me, I believed you." She then used that opportunity to discuss what they should be talking about. "Then why Kyungsoo-ah? Why must you avoid me?" She asked.

The guy was still staring at her but was also obviously contemplating.

"The last time we had a decent talk, it was when I visited you the week before last week." Yuri pointed out. Since she wasn't yet sure if the boy was jus jealous or what, she had decided to bring the discussion on it. "The moment you excused yourself, I already felt weird. I mean, I was just simply talking-"

"Noona..." Kyungsoo cut her off with a firm tone. "You were, but they, they're obviously not."

Yuri frowned and wondered. "They? You mean Kai, Chanyeol, Lay and Kris?"

"Yes noona, most especially Lay hyung and Kris hyung." He grumbled. He could still remember how his hyungs' eyes sparkled upon the sight of his girlfriend. The way that the two affectionately looked at her made him think that they still hasn't moved on yet.

"Lay and Kris? They were just congratulating me." Yuri insisted as she tried to provoke his feelings. She successfully did when Kyungsoo suddenly stomped his foot and ruffled his own hair due to frustration. "I am jealous noona-jealous. Can't you see?"

Silence dominated as the two just stared at each other. None of them dared to make a sound, except for Kyungsoo's ragged breathing and Yuri's loud, hyperventilating heartbeat.  

She just went over him and hugged him, enveloping her arms on his waist. "You...you're really handsome when you're jealous." She sincerely stated, though she wasn't that sure if it made sense.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but to hug her back and smile as he inhale her sweet scent. Unlike the girls who found him adorable and just cute, Yuri had always made him feel so manly and grown-up.

"Do you forgive me now?" She asked as she showed him his weakness; her failed aegyo. The boy just shook his head but nevertheless submitted to her. "Do I even have a choice?" He softened.

 

//

 

"Ah, that must be why DO-ssi was jealous." Yoona said. Seohyun just nodded along, finally understanding the couple's situation.

They have asked both Kai and Chanyeol about the incident wherein Kyungsoo and Yuri had their last couple talk. And as expected, Kyungsoo was giving his girlfriend a cold treatment since the two mentioned Chinese boys were too friendly with Yuri.

"I can't believe Yuri unnie would take two weeks though..." Yoona added, still couldn't believe the impossible. "So they're practically just pushing each other? Shouldn't it be pushing and pulling?" She laughed.

It was then EXO-M arrived, with Kris and Lay instantly seeing the cute maknae of SNSD.

"Hey Seohyun-ssi! Thanks for paying a visit on us!"

"And you're becoming more adorable!"

The other boys just shook their heads, extremely embarrassed at how the two Chinese boys acted so careless about a girl's feeling.

Lay and Kris, who were both still oblivious to the glares from their members, came closer to the girl. But even they could go further, she had already build a wall for them to be barricaded

"Don't even try to hit on me because I hate your kind the most." She irritatingly said, rolling her eyes after.

Yoona smirked at her maknae and patted her head as if she's her mother. Then, the couple who had already fixed their problem, went out of the room, and got their best smiles which both EXO and SNSD hasn't seen for the past few days.

"Did something happened?" Lay wondered. "What's the celebration for?" Kris added cluelessly.

"Unnie, we really should go back now though." Yoona reminded her unnie, who had just realized that they skipped SNSD's practice. "Taeyeon unnie must be really mad..." Seohyun mumbled.

"Ah yeah..." Yuri then turned to EXO-K and bowed thankfully. "Thanks for the cooperation guys!"

EXO-K then waved their hands dismissively, just really mirthful that their so-called umma had his girlfriend back again.

She then grimaced on his previous suitors. "You two, don't ever kid around my boyfriend or else I'd make sure to send you back to China, just where the two of you belonged." She playfully scolded.

"Unnie, quick!" Yoona called her again.

And for the last time, Yuri went to her boyfriend. "Kyungsoo-ah..." She purposefully made her voice louder. "Keep in mind that I always preferred Korean, thick, red lips...okay?"

Kyungsoo was confused but then froze when his girlfriend placed a soft and sweet peck on his lips. And amidst the hazy wires entangling inside his mind, he was able to realize what she had done. She kissed him-right in front of everyone (including the Chinese playboys) just to show that she would always be his girlfriend.

He could only watch her back view running and smiled.

He didn't really have to mind his hyungs-or any of his girlfriend's fanboys because Kwon Yuri was his beloved girlfriend in the first place.