Chapter 2

Longing Heart

 

A.N

Ah guys just wanna let you know that there’s something that I change, yup that’s Jieun's age. I made a mistake when I posted the previous chapter. I was going to make her 20 years old instead of 19 but because of my stupidness she was just 19 so I have to change some part (Part in how long she had left Korea, I changed it into 10 years instead of 9 years) I'm soooo sorry. Without further ado here it is a new chapter for you guys..

Jieun's Pov.

Finally, it's been a long time since the last time I was here. Seoul was so different now. First thing first, I was going to find a motel, eat, and then sleep. I was so tired. Two hours flight from Japan to South Korea had drained my energy and also any strength that I have, funny that I’ve got no strength left. Three months had passed and it still hurt to think about that night. If only I was their daughter but I knew that I wasn’t. They still hadn’t told me who my real parents are.

“Does Dad still love me?” I mumbled to myself.

“Aish Lee Jieun, of course he still does! Babboo!” I hit my head and it is hurt.

I wonder if he found out that I left our home and came here would make him disappointed in me. Yes it would and yeah I was running away from home. My dad would send a search party as soon as he knew that I was here. No, I will not go back to Japan, not now. I need time to be alone, to be far away from home, from my dad and from my mom...

After I checked-in, taking a bath and ready to sleep suddenly the hollow in my chest came to haunt me again. How come my perfect life turned out to be like this, to be this empty, to be this lonely? I hated this feeling. I felt unloved and then I was crying, again, for a hundred times. Crying was becoming my new habit. Pathetic. I didn’t realised that I’ve been crying for an hour and now I was so thirsty and I need a cold air too so I put my coat on and left my room to go to a nearest convenience store. Thank God that my face wasn’t swollen only my nose and eyes that looked a little bit red.

***

"Why am I so stupid" I mumbled to myself, I got lost when trying to find convenience store. I was Korean but half of my life I lived in Tokyo so that’s why I got lost but thank gos finally here I was now in the front of 24 hours convenience store but it’s midnight now I hope that I wouldn’t got lost when trying to go back to the motel. I strolled down the shelves to find my faavourite kind of coffee, vanilla latte, and here it was a can of my favourite coffee. I walked toward the cashier. I was going to pay it when the disaster started. I didn't have any won left! Oh why am I so stupid, stupid.

"Ah I haven’t changed my money yet, Can I pay this coffee with yen instead?” I said, hoping that the cashier would accept my yen. It’s not that I hadn't changed it but the money that I had changed in Japan was already used to pay the motel, train and airport tax. Now was midnight so I had to wait until tomorrow if I wanna change my money.

“I’m so sorry, we only accept won.” That was his reply.

Damn. “Oh God, what should I do, why am I so stupid” I mumbled to myself.

“Let me pay that” suddenly out of nowhere there was a man beside me and he was starting to put down his groceries.

“Ah no no, thank you but don’t do that! It’s okay” I said to him

He didn't reply me. He just stared down at me. That stared was so intimidating and so cold. I suddenly feel uneasy and all I can do was staring at the floor. After the cashier put his groceries in the plastic bag and said the amount of money that he should pay he then paid his groceries and my coffee.

And I was standing in here like a stupid girl. That man was going to leave store when suddenly I did stupid things, again! I grabbed his arm! He then turned his head towards me.

"Aish, what do you want?" he looked so annoyed and I just realised that he was so tall, far taller than I.

“Ah, sorry, just wanna say thanks” I unwrapped my hands from his hand and starring down at my shoes. No, I wasn’t scared, but his eyes were so empty I didn’t know why but to look at that eyes and his cold stare were only made me felt unloved. Pathetic. I was so pathetic even a stranger could make me feel like this. His stare was just like my mother’s when she stared at me. So empty, so cold. I reached into my pocket and put some yen in his hands.

“I don’t have won but please accept this money, thank you and good bye” I said while trying to keep my tears at bay and I dashed out of the store just run and run until the wind dried my tears away. I just wanna go home, but I know that I didn’t have a place that I could call home..

***

 

Sanghyun’s PoV:

“YA! Sanghyun-ah wake up, wake up!” I heard someone was yelling at me while trying to pull my blanket away.

“Aish, what the hell!” I woke up and then starting to rub my eyes.

“You! Park Sanghyun! You should respect your sister!” she hit my head with a pillow.

“Ah noona, I’m so sleepy please let me sleep again for awhile” I was trying to lie down again but my stubborn noona wouldn’t let me.

“No, get up, you slept for almost twelve hours. Now go to the bathroom and wash yourself, you smell so bad ew” she said

“What time is it now” I asked

“It’s almost 2 pm now” she said.

“YA! Why you didn’t wake me up earlier!” I was finally fully awake now.

“Aish! You should respect me” she hit my head again

I run to the bathroom, washed my face and brush my teeth. I had to meet my lecturer at 2.30 pm or else my schoolarship would terminated.

“I’ll go now noona. I’m going to visit mom at 8 pm, bye” I said while opening the door.

“Take care Sanghyun-ah don’t forget to eat” she said.

Contrary to the popular beliefe, no, no I wasn’t stupid. People would say a man or boy like me wouldn’t care about their education. Yeah sure I hate school, I often skipped classes but thanks to my dear father I got his brain. Mom said that I looked like him so much she even said that I have his brain. To be truthful I didn’t like being compared to him. I hate him so much. I hate him until my heart hurts. I hate him for betraying our family, I hate him for ruining our life, I hate him for killing Dorami noona, I hate him that all of my entire childhood I’ve tried to gain his approval but in the end I still wasn’t good enough to be called as his son.

***

“Hello mom, feel better today?” I sat beside her bedside

“Much better” she said while smiling toward me, I just nodded my head

“Sanghyun-ah you should smiling more often, I don’t recognise you with all those frown in your face”

“You know that you look so handsome while smiling right?” she continued

“A mother will tell her son that he is handsome” I said.

“Why, Sanghyun-ah, why are you so different from that little boy that you used to be?” she said

“Please mom, peoples changed” I said “you should sleep now” I continued while put her blanket on.

“You don’t wanna talk to your sick mother sanghyun-ah? You just want her to sleep when she wants to talk to his only son?” she said.

“No, it’s not like that mom, just like what I said, peoples changed. I can’t be that little boy anymore. I grew up.”

“You look so much like your father, your face, your brain, your personality, but he’s much more cheerful than you” she smiled

“Please don’t compare me with him”

“Why? You are his son, of course you look like him” she said

“After all this time? After he betrays us? You?” I couldn’t believe that my mother would say that. It seemed that he done us no wrong.

“Nobody’s perfect Sanghyun-ah, he isn’t perfect” she said

“Geumanhae mom, please do not talk about him...” I paused “and you should sleep now, it’s 10 pm already. I should go home now”

“Okay. See you tomorrow Sanghyun-ah” he patted my head.

“See you mom” and then I left the hospital.

My mom had been hospitalised for almost 3 years. It’s her depression that made her hospitalised and then another complication also made her weak, thanks to her sleeping draught that she took regularly. The root of all problems in my family was this stupid thing. Love. Look at what love had done to her? Wasn’t it pathetic to let this silly thing ruin you? I wished that my mother wasn’t falling in love with my mother so she wouldn’t be this depressed, so Dorami noona wouldn’t kill herself, and I wouldn’t be born. And now, where’s my father? He disappeared into thin air. I didn’t know if he’s alive or no. Had he now married that woman? That woman who destroyed this family? I hoped that he wouldn’t show his face in front of me. My life was better without him around. I wouldn’t let him to come close to my mother and my noona. I would kill him myself if he tried to ruin this family again. Just me, Mother and Dara noona.

***

I was sitting at park bench again. The cold air was so good it helped me to calm my anger. Like usual I didn’t wanna go home. Maybe tonight I wasn’t going back home. Suddenly my phone rang.

“what do you want  noona?” I answered the call

“where are you?” that was Dara noona’s replied

“in the park. Why?”

“go home now” she said

“yeah later” that was my replied

“YA!....” and then I hunged up the phone even when she wasn’t finish yet

I was just strolled down the park and waited until the pedestrian signal changed its colour but then suddenly from behind me came a girl that wanted to cross the street even the signal hadn’t changed yet.

“YA! Wait!” I grabbed her coat “You want to die huh?” I said.

This was getting on my nerve. That girl only looked down and then I suddenly remembered that was the girl that I met last night in the convenience store. She was crying I could tell. Her eyes were red. He didn’t reply me.

“DO YOU WANT TO DIE HUH? ANSWER ME!” I asked harsly. Still holding her coat I knew that I shouldn’t lash my anger out at her, but I couldn’t help my self.

“No...I’m sorry.. I.. I..” she was starting to sob. Oh God This was going to be a long night. I shouldn’t lash my anger at her. I sighed.

“Don’t cry” I said coldly but it only made her sobb going louder. I was going to leave her here but after made her cry I just can’t help to leave her here right? I was so stupid. It was her fault though if it wasn’t me she might be hit by the car. 

“Aish” I cursed and then grabbed her hand and dragged her to follow me. 

***

A.N 2:

Hi guyssss thanks for sticking with this story. Thank you for new subscribers and comments! thank you so much. I'm going to upload a new chapter in few days hopefully sunday or monday. again, sorry for miss spellings and grammar errors I haven't checked it out. I just finished write this chapter down like 10 minutes ago. and don't forget to comment. don't be a silent reader :) haha. Tell me what do you think about this chapter? :))