Chapter 4

Longing Heart

 

Author’s note:

Sorry for late update. I’ve been attacked by writer’s block this week. It’s your sweet comments that keeps me going on to write this chapter. That’s way it’s so kind of you to at least leave a comment. At first I was going to update this last night. Consider it as Our Thunder oppa birthday present but my internet connection was being a last night so here it this the brand new chapter. I’ll try my best to upload the new chapter on Saturday or faster. Ah don’t forget to at least leave a comment. Okay? And one more time happy birthday Doongie Oppa #HappyDoongieDay23

Thank You for your sweet comments and what do you think about this chapter?

XOX – M.R

Chapter 4.

 

Sanghyun’s PoV

It was starting to rain when I dragged her to follow me. Great, just great, now we were soaking wet in the park and she couldn’t stop her tears. Thank god that it’s night time and raining or people would think that I was the one who made her cry. Literally yes it was me who made her cry but she was already crying before we met so it wasn’t my fault. Yeah yeah I know half of it was my fault. If I hadn’t lashed my anger toward her we wouldn’t be here now but it was her fault too, if only she wasn’t being so damn careless but if I didn’t grab her coat she might be dead by now. She would have ended up laying in the street dead from being hit by a car. Ah there’s no good alternative ending in here. I sighed. I was so damn tired and freezing. I was so sure that we would catch a cold if we weren’t finding a safe place to stay for a while. I have no other choice than to bring her to my home. It wasn’t that far from here. All we had to do was walking for no longer than 10 minutes. It was better than to stay here. I sighed.

We were walking for almost ten minutes. We didn’t talk all the way here. I didn’t realise that I was holding her hand all the way here. So when we were in the front of my house I released her hand and open the wooden fence. I looked at her. Her face was red, her eyes, lips and cheeks. Her eyes were swollen. I didn’t know if it was tears or just raindrops on her face. She definitely had a bad day I could tell. I felt a little bit guilty after lashed out my anger at her. I took her hand and lead her inside my home. I could still hear a little sob came from her. I opened the door and calling for my Noona.

"Noona, can you bring me a towel" I shouted in front of the door

My shirt, coat, jeans and sneakers felt so heavy. I would catch a cold if I didn't change all of these. I could hear the thunder rumbling outside thank god that we've already here before the rain getting heavier. 

"Wait! Stay there!" I could hear my sister shouted from inside the house.

One of so many things that I hate was to hear a girl crying. I’ve heard so many cries that would last me a lifetime so I didn’t want to hear that now.

"Can you please stop crying?" I said to that girl.

She didn't reply me but I could see that she was trying to calm herself. She shivered, she had to dry her clothes before she catch a cold.

We just stood there in front of the door for almost 5 minutes until she suddenly speaking.

"Uhm.. My hand hurts" she said

I forgot that I still hold her hand. I released my hand from hers. It felt stupid really, how can I forget to unwrap my hand from hers. .

“Where are we?” she asked. Her voice cracked

“In front of a house” I said a little bit annoyed

“I know that" She said with her cracked voice and latched with after-crying-voice.

"I.. I.. I’d better go back” she said, I could see that her body was shivering.

“Just come inside, don’t be scare, I live with my noona, and the rain is so heavy you can't go back now” I said in a cold tone.

"Thank you" she said while sighing

Before I could say anything my noona suddenly appeared with a towel

"Aish Sanghyun I've told you to go back early because it was going to rain but you hung up my phone before I finished.."

I grabbed that towel from my noona's hand and gave it to the girl beside me.

"O.. Who's this girl?" My noona asked me "You never brought any of your friends especially girls to home before" she said I could see a grin in her face

"It's none of your business" I said but suddenly that girl collapsed to the ground. I catch her before she hit her head.

"Ya Park SangHyun what have you done?" My noona asked me

"I don't know noona" I said a little bit panic

"Carry her inside, palli!" she said

I carry her inside our home, She got a fever her body's temperature was so high. When I wanted to put her on a sofa Dara noona suddenly said.

"No, carry her to Dorami's room"

"No way" I said. What the hell? I never went inside Dorami noona's room since the last time I saw her. Almost 5 years ago. A day before she killed herself. No, why should I put this girl in my noona's room?

"No, just let her rest in here, okay noona?" I said still carrying her.

"No, we have, no I mean I have to change her clothes, there's no way we just lay her down in here. Get her to Dorami's room now" she insisted

I sighed. I have no other choice than to follow my sister to our deceased sister's room.

The room wasn't different than the last time I came here. I laid her to the bed.

"Get out, and don't forget to change your clothes before you catch a cold" Dara noona said

"And after that don't forget to bring a cup of tea for her" she continued.

"Aish" I cursed

"Go now, I'm going to change her clothes" my noona pushed me away from the room.

***

“Who is she?” my noona asked me.

“Don’t know, I just run to her, no, I’ve already met her yesterday in the convenience store” I said

“Did you make her cry?”

“Kind of” I shrugged

“Ya! What did you do? It’s not good for boys to make girls crying” she said

“She was already crying before we met” I replied “She almost hit by the car if it wasn’t me who grabbed her coat” I continued

“Oh my God, She looks so desperate, are you sure she isn’t your girlfriend that you’re trying to dump?”

“What?! Of course not! We just met!”

“Isn’t her parents would worry over her?” she asked

“I don’t think so, I think she’s from Japan” I told my sister

“She looks like Korean not Japanese”

“I know, but when we met in the convenience store last night she didn’t have won and only had yen” I told my Noona while shipping my tea.

“Are you sure she isn’t your girlfriend? She looks cute though” my noona grinned at me

“For a hundred times, she isn’t my girlfriend!” My noona was asking too many questions

“Ah. I thought that she was your girlfriend. I’m a little bit worry about you, you know.” She sighed

“I’m afraid that my little brother prefers the same team” She continued

“What did you just say? I’m straight! I like girls! Just because I didn’t bring them home, it doesn’t mean that I don’t like them” I gritted my teeth. My sister was like a pain in the sometime. How could she think that I didn’t like girls?! Girls weren’t my first priority. I was content to be alone. No need to worry over something.

“Haha I’m just kidding Sanghyun-ah I know that my brother is straight. Ya! it’s almost 2am now, no wonder I’m so sleepy I’m going to bed first. You too Sanghyun-ah, don’t stay up too late. Good night” she said and then left to her room.

“Ah and don’t forget you have to check that girl before you go to sleep” she said

“Ya! Why me?”

“Because you are the one who bring her here” she said while yawning

“Aish.....” I cursed.

I just sat down in the sofa for almost an hour. The raining was still heavy outside. I would definitely catch a cold now. I’d been sneezing like a mad man. I should definitely go to sleep now. Before I went to my room I had to check her out first.

It was hard for me to go to Dorami’s noona room. The last time I was here was one day before that day happened. She seemed cheerful. Everything seemed fine. I didn’t know that in inside she was so hurtful. I never thought that she would kill herself. I was closer with Dorami noona than Dara noona. Dara noona often said that it was maybe that our age that wasn’t so far to each other that made us closer. I sighed then opened the door. I brought her a glass of water in case she woke up and wanted to drink water. That girl was sleep soundly. She was using my noona’s favourite Pyjama. It perfectly fitted in her body. If only my noona was still here.  I put the water in the nightstand. There stood a frame photo. Inside a frame there was a picture of me, Dara and Dorami noona and also my mother. It really hurt being inside this room. I missed my noona so much

***

Lee Jieun’s Pov.

I woke up with fever, body aches, headache, even worse sore throat and head super heavy. I really just wanted to sleep some more but then suddenly I realised what had happened last night. Oh God. This was not good. I sat down suddenly. I was inside a girl room I could tell.  The wall was purple. The bed linen was also purple and my pyjama was also purple. Wait. What? My pyjama? Oh God someone had changed my clothes last night for sure. Oh God I hoped that it wasn’t him who changed my clothes.

Oh God no way.

No way!

“No Lee Jieun it must be that Onnie who changed your clothes” I said to myself.

“Yes it must be her!” I told myself. I knew that he wasn’t the one who changed it. I knew that he respected women. I didn’t know why I said this but I just knew that he wasn’t a jerk. If he was a jerk he would left me in the park last night and let me freezing to death.

My throat was so sore thank God that there was a glass of water in the nightstand. I gulped the water down to my throat and it feels better now. Yesterday was so tiresome for me. I need to sort out everything. Three months were so short. There was no way I could sort everything out in three months only. My mother’s words last night was so cruel. It cut me down to my heart. I hate her but not as much as I loved her. I really loved her. I sighed. I was so unlucky my real parents didn’t love me so they throw me away. My mother didn’t love me too after everything that I’ve done to make her proud. There was only my father who loved me genuinely. Should I found my real parents? I just really want to see my real mom even just once. I sighed. Life was so cruel sometime.

There was suddenly a knocked on the door and that onnie came in to the room.

“Ah you already woke up” she said while smiling

I nodded my head “Thank you so much” I said

“No worries, I’m Park Sandara, what’s your name?” she said while extending her hand to me

“I’m Lee Jieun” I said and reaching into her hand

“Ah Lee Jieun-ssi what my brother has done to you” she asked

“No, he hasn’t done anything. It’s so kind of him to bring me here”

“But he made you cry right? He said that to me” that onnie looked confused

“Ah that, no, no it wasn’t because of him, I’ve already crying before I met him” I said reassuring her.

“He said that you two just met? He’s lying right? Are you his girlfriend?” she asked again. Seriously this onnie was so hilarious.

“NO, no, no I’m not his girlfriend, we just met I don’t even know his name” I shake my head.

“Ah so he isn’t lying then” I could hear her mumble to herself.

“Oh how’s the fever?” she asked

“better” I replied. She put her hand on my forehead

“Omo you still have a fever. You should sleep a little more, and it was only 8 am” she forced me to lie down.

“Ah thank you but it’s fine. I have to go back” I said

“No no no you should sleep againt and have something to eat before you go back and I will tell Sanghyun to drop you there” Ah Sanghyun that must be his name.

“And, where’s my clothes?” I asked her

“I’ve already washed and dried it. Your clothes is in the laundry room and don’t worry. I was the one who changed your clothes not my brother” She laughed and left the room. She was such a good sister. I really wished I could have a family like her. My head was starting to spinning and I felt like sneezing oh I catched a cold, this wasn’t good. It was better to let sleep claimed me again.

***

“Jieun-ssi, wake up, Jieun-ssi” I heard someone calling my name. Was that my mother?

“Mom..” I mumbled

“Jieun-ssi, wake up. Oh my God your fever is getting worse” That voice calling me again. Oh God my Head was so heavy.

“Sanghyun-ah bring me the cold medicine and a glass of water, Palli and don’t forget some food” The woman said

“Wait” that was the answered from a man.

I opened my eyes. It felt so heavy and my throat also felt so sore.

“Ah Sandara-ssi, I’m fine” I said

“No, you have to eat something first then the medicine”

“Here it is noona”

“Eat this” Sandara-ssi gave me sandwich. I didn’t have any appetite to eat but I had to eat it and after a bite of it she gave me the medicine.

“Okay, It seems that you have to stay here until your fever getting better, Should I call your parents?”

“Ah no need to call them, They aren’t here” I said “I’m so sorry for the inconvenience that I cause” I continued

“It’s okay” Sandara-ssi said. I smilled at her and then looked his brother. He said nothing and just watching me. It felt so uneasy being stared like that.

“Sleep now” Sandara-ssi then pushed his brother outside.

I should really go back to motel but the effect of the medicine had already knocked me out. I hope when I woke up I would feel better.

***