Chapter 1

Longing Heart

 

Jieun's Pov

My life was perfect until 3 months ago I found out about this hurtful truth. People whom I think as my parents weren’t my real parents. Maybe that was the reason why my mother seemed to distance herself from me she didn’t really love me, she cared about me but that’s because she wanted me to be perfect. I knew that my father loved me unconditionally. He always did. But still it hurts like hell...

Three months ago.

 “I might be not your father by blood, but I will always be your dad, you are my daughter, my only daughter, my cheerful Ji Eun.. Please say something” he told me while trying to hold back his tears but failed in the process. I didn’t know how to responds it seemed like I’ve lost half of my soul, it was like I was standing in the edge of the cliff and then somebody pushed me until I fall. I wasn’t crying. All I can do was starring at the wall. When my dad hugged me then all the damn dam in my heart broke. I pushed my dad away, I didn’t wanna be hugged.

“You know that we love you like our own child right Ji Eun?” he was trying to hug me again and this time I let him hugged me. “Who.. are.. my real parents?” that was my respond. I was trying to compose myself but my voice betrayed me. The traitor tears finally streaming down my face. “That.. we’re going to talk about it later okay Ji Eun-ah” my dad patted my back. The tears choked me and I was starting to sob, a pitiful sob. My sobs were just like the sobs that people heard in the funeral. Funeral, funny it seemed to fit me, I might be alive in the outside but my inside was dead, I didn’t wanna live anymore. “ssssh gwenchana Jieun nothing will change, you are my daughter my only daughter. I love you so much, me and your mom love you so much” he soothed me and rocking me back and forth. My dad oh how I love him so much, he always poured me with love, a thing that I didn’t get from my mother but knowing that he wasn’t my real father only made me dying and dying inside. I glanced at my mother. She did cry but she wasn’t trying to soothe me. I know that she loved me but now I know that I wasn’t that important. Since I was a child my mother never showed me her affection. She never kissed me and I didn’t even remember when the last time she hugged me. She was so cold, so untouchable. I was trying and trying to gain her affection, I didn’t know why she’s so cold to me but now I know why. I still loved her up until now but god, I didn’t know that love could be this cruel, could be this hurt. To know that I wasn’t their real child was like being stabbed a hundred times but it didn’t kill me. It’s much better if it would just kill me so I didn’t have to feel this hurt, this desperate. I just hope that someday this wound could be healed. For now I would let my question pass un-answer. My heart was too broken to hear another hurtful truth.

***

Three months has passed now after that fateful night, now I was waiting in Haneda airport ready to go back to Seoul. 10 years has passed now since I left Seoul for the first time. My family moved to Japan when I was 10. At first we were going to settle down here in Japan but funny that later I discovered that my dad brought us here so we could escape from south Korea and my real parents wouldn’t take me away from my dad, no my mother was fine if my real parents took me away. She didn’t love me. It was 20.15 now, my flight was going to take off in half an hour. Good bye Japan... Good bye dad.. Good by mom.. I didn’t know if I was going to miss you...

 

Sanghyun’a Pov:

I looked at my watch, it was almost midnight now. I just visited my mom in the hospital. Her condition was not getting better or worse. She seemed fine in the outside but I know that her condition was far worse than that. Tonight was Dara noona’s shift to watch our mom so I have to go back to our house but I didn’t feel like to go back. So here I was now in the park sitting like some beggars. The cold air was nothing if compared to my heart. I wasn’t envy those people who was sleeping soundly in their bed now or those lovers who snuggled to each other. What’s the point to hold on into such fake comfortness? In the end it would dissapear and you’ll be alone. Look at my family. Look at what my father had done to this family? He claimed that he loved my mother but he wouldn’t betray her if he really loved her and what the cost that we have to pay now? Dorami noona’s life, my mother’s, mine and Dara noona’s. And in Dorami noona’s life it meant that her life literaly, she killed herself because of my father because she was the one who find out our father infidelity. The air was getting colder and colder I tighten up my jacket and ready to leave but I have some errands to buy first in convenience store. I bought some ramyun, coffee, pain killer and bathing stuff.  When I was walking toward the cashier to pay, there was a girl in the front of cashier it seemed that she had a little trouble.

“Ah I haven’t changed my money yet, Can I pay this coffee with yen instead?” that girl said

“I’m so sorry, we only accept won.” The cashier said

“Oh God, what should I do, why am I so stupid” I heard that girl mumbled

“Let me pay that” I said to the cashier while putting my stuffs down.

“Ah no no, thank you but don’t do that! It’s okay” she said

I didn’t respond her. I only stared down at her since she was so much shorter than I. She suddenly looked at the floor I know that sometime my stared could intimidate other people. That’s good really to have a cold stared. After the cashier put my stuffs into plastic bag and I paid my stuffs and her coffee I walked toward the glasses door when I pulled the door open suddenly there was a hand in my arms. It was that girl’s hand.

“Aish, what do you want?” I said.

“Ah, sorry, just wanna say thanks” she unwraped her hands while starring at the floor and reached into her pocket. She put some yen in my hands.

“I don’t have won but please accept this money, thank you and good bye” she said then bowing at me.

I was ready to give her money back but she was already dashing out of the store. Weird. I put that yen into my pocket and then ready to go home and have some sleep. I was so tired.

***

Author Notes:

Ah so who's that girl? you know her already hehe.

Wah thank you for commencting and subscribing this story, I feel loved. I will update this story only in weekend. college is such a cruel life and I have to write my thesis draft also so this story won't be my first priority^^ and this story isn't beta-ed so if you find any grammar errors and miss spellings I'm so sorry. Don't forget to comment right? hehe thank you and see you next week (or faster if i have free time to write) :) ah and sorry for the short chapter x_x