009. Fiction ; Sunggyu/Myungsoo

INFINITE 100-fic challenge
009. Fiction ; Sunggyu/Myungsoo
Rating: PG-13
Length: 1441 words
Type: Angst, Insanity(?? LOL IDK.)

 
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The second hand on the clock seemed to be moving in slow motion in the dimly lit kitchen, 60watt lightbulb looking as though it would burn out any minute.
 
Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.
 
A pen scratched eerily against lined paper, tainted by the blood red ink that splayed across its body as though a it were a massacre on a battlefield.
 
A teardrop here and there, littering the page with damp patches. The ticking of the clock only seemed to get louder as the page became more and more scarred, deep indents from the harsh pressure of the pen.
 
The lone figure continued to lean over the dingy, unstable table, head low and arms securely guarding the book on the table. He was safeguarding it. No one could touch it. Touch him. Small sobs wracked his body, shoulders shaking with uncertainty; insanity. At least, that's what it looked like to the outsiders watching from afar. They didn't understand. They would never understand.
 
And his hand continue to glide shakily across the page, marring it more and more, indents getting deeper and deeper until a large tear was made. The page was scarred. Scarred like he was. The scar hidden away from the world. It was not something for the rest of the world to see. It was something only he could see, only he could heal. But he wasn't here. He was gone. Or had he ever really been there in the first place?
 
The boy closed his eyes, a small smile gracing his lips as he pictured him. Recalled their memories. Could they be called memories; had they even existed?
 
Don't look now, but there's someone coming your way.”
 
Sunggyu turned with curious eyes, only to see nothing but the grassy field that stretched on into the horizon. Turning back around slowly, “What're you talking about? There's obviously no one the-”
 
There was something warm at the corner of his lips. Warm and wet, and he felt his tummy fill with butterflies. Eyes opened wide, he stared at the boy only centimetres in front of him.

“Wha-what was th-that f-for?” Stuttering; he was nervous. His lisp was coming out the tiniest bit, but he didn't pull away from the figure that was only a mere inch away from himself.
 
The figure laughed, and Sunggyu felt his stomach do little flips. His voice was lovely, so lovely. He felt his cheeks heat up that little bit, and he lifted his hands to cover them.

“Don't act like you didn't like it, because I know you did. You're so cute.” His laughing had reduced to a slight giggle now, but it still sounded beautiful. At least, it did to Sunggyu.
 
But then again, everything about him was beautiful. His eyes, his smile, his voice. Maybe Sunggyu was just infatuated. Not that he would ever admit it.

Instead, he leaned in to close the small gap between them, gently placing his lips over the other's, a small smile on his lips as a whisper left his lips, “I love you, Myungsoo.”

 
He awoke to the heavy streams of sunlight hitting his face. He left the curtains opened again. Blinking slowly, he lifted his head from the table. His body hurt, though it felt numb. Everything felt numb; he doubted he could feel anything ever since Myungsoo had left.1
 
He looked back down to see himself holding a pen, red ink smudged all over the open page in his little book; his favourite little book that he hid underneath his pillow whenever he wasn't using it.
 
He lifted his free hand to his cheek. Perhaps it'd be smeared with ink again. It wouldn't be the first time. He looked down at his lap again, eyes tearing up a little as pictures flashed across his mind.

“YAH! COME BACK HERE!”

Myungsoo giggled and ran away, paintbrush in hand. “No, you'll hit me if I do!” He childishly stuck his tongue out, before making a mad dash for the door. Only, he didn't hear the footsteps continue to follow him. He slowed down to a stop, turning around to see Sunggyu sitting in a heap on the floor, arms wrapped around his legs, eyebrows furrowed and a small pout adorned on his lips.

“Hyung?” No reply; a few steps forward.“Sunggyu hyung?” Still no reply; moving forward till he was right beside the said boy. “Gyu....?” And he dropped down onto his bottom and crossed his legs.
 
I'm sorry.” He wiped away the ink from Sunggyu's cheek, the said boy still wearing a pout on his lips. “If it makes you feel better, I'll let you draw on my face too,” He stopped rubbing at the older boys cheek, a small smile making its way onto his face, “As long as you promise not to draw a . I know you've been drawing them all over my notebooks when I'm not looking.”
1
And Sunggyu's pout transformed into a smile as he looked at the boy next to him. “Only to get you in trouble with the teacher.”

“Why would you do that!? So immature! That means less time with you!” Both boys giggled before falling back to lie on the floor. A comfortable silence fell around them as they just soaked up the warm sunlight that drifted into the empty classroom.

“Hey,” Myungsoo turned to the older boy, question in his eyes.

“What would you do if I actually drew a on your face?” That earned him a whack to the forehead.

“Such a moment ruiner, hyung.”


 
“SUNGGYU!”
 
Sunggyu whipped his head to the direction of the offending noise. It was only his roommate, Dongwoo.
 
“Seriously, Gyu. Are you alright? I called you like a million times. You've been pretty out of it recently. What's up?” Sunggyu just shook his head and fiddled with his fingers. He didn't feel compelled to answer. That was a heavy topic, and it felt a little too personal for him to reply to.
 
He looked down at his lap.

“Myungsoo.”
 
His head snapped up again, and it had occurred to him that Dongwoo was reading from his notebook. His notebook. No. No, this wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all.
 
Sunggyu quickly snatched the notebook from his friend's hands, holding it against his chest, his breathing become shallow.
 
“Sunggyu, let me see that.” He shook his head violently. This was his notebook. No one had a right to look at it. No one. It contained all his secrets, all he memories; contained everything about his Myungsoo.
 
“Sunggyu. Give it to me.” Dongwoo's stern voice scared him. He felt the tears begin to cascade over his eyelashes; down his cheeks. “Give it to me, Sunggyu!” Dongwoo reached over to take the book.

“NO. NO, YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM FROM ME. I WON'T LET YOU!” A grunt from Dongwoo as he continued to wrestle the notebook free.

 
The sound of paper being ripped slowly filled the kitchen.

“YOU CAN'T TAKE MYUNGSOO AWAY FROM ME! HE'S MINE!” And the notebook ripped into two.
 
Sunggyu stared at the broken notebook in his hands, then looked up to see the other half in Dongwoo's.

“What have you done. What. Have. You. Done.” And he screamed, falling to the ground before grabbing onto Dongwoo's legs. “YOU BROKE HIM! You broke Myungsoo...” Tears continued to spill.

Dongwoo sighed, crouching down beside the breaking boy beside him. He brushed his fingers gently against his back. “Gyu, that isn't possible.”
 
A strangled sob left his lips in reply. “You broke him...”

“Sunggyu,” a heavy sigh, “Myungsoo doesn't exist. He's not real. You made him up. You wrote about him in your note book.” Sunggyu looked up at Dongwoo slowly, his eyes glassy and glossed over with tears. “Myungsoo only exists in fiction...” And Sunggyu fell backwards, letting go of Dongwoo's legs.

That's right... Myungsoo wasn't real. Myungsoo was his make-believe prince charming that was there for him when no one else was. And Dongwoo wasn't really his friend; Dongwoo was his therapist, because, you know, he needed help. And Sunggyu was living a lie. A happy little lie that he recorded into his favourite little book.
 
Sunggyu lay on the kitchen floor, smiling to himself as held the pieces of his notebook to his chest and felt those familiar arms wrapping around his waist. Myungsoo. “No, Dongwoo, you're wrong. Myungsoo is right beside me again...”
 
He lived a little lie called fiction.
 
 
-------------------
 
Totally succeeded in making my bias seem like a lunatic.
I wonder when the next fic will go up....  :)