Chapter 10

Turned

Over the next two months Minho and I grew closer. We went on more dates, which turned into double dates with Key and Jonghyun. Then eventually triple dates with Onew and Luna, but only when we went for fried chicken. Onew’s true soul mate.

We spent many an evening together watching movies or ‘studying’ and as the nights grew colder we grew closer. No, literally it was so cold we would run to his room straight after class and climb into his bed and just cuddle and be warm together.

It was at the beginning of the holidays after third term that Minho finally spoke up.

“He hits me.” He said. We were in his bed one Wednesday evening watching some gory horror movie, snuggled together. My head on his chest, both of us wrapped in thick winter blankets to combat the cold.

“What? Who hits you?” I sat up, disturbing the blankets and letting in some of the icy air. I balanced myself on one elbow, the other hand on his chest. His paused the movie and rolled onto his side so we could lay face-to-face.

“My dad. Remember those bruises you wanted to know about?” I nodded.

“He put them there. He’s been doing it for about a year now.” I reached out and took him into my arms, pulling him close in place of saying something. His arm slipped around my waist as he moved in closer pressing his face into my chest. I honestly hadn’t expected that. He squeezed me tight, his voice cracking as he said.

“Well…it’s more like he used to hit me. Now he just full on beats me.” He laughed, a few tears appearing in the corners of his eyes. I wiped at them and kissed his forehead softly.

“Oh Minho, I’m so sorry. I feel like I should have realised sooner. It seem obvious now.”

“No, don’t feel bad. I do try to hide it so…” he trailed off and we fell into silence for a while. Just lying there in each other’s arms, contained in the warmth.

“Please don’t mention this to anyone. I’ve never actually told another person.” He whispered.

“Of course. You can trust me, I promise.” I kissed him full on the lips and he kissed back.

“You’re being really affectionate right now.” He smiled, lips still on mine.

“I’m just awkward and trying to make up for it.”

“It’s working.” He said, returning our lips together this time slipping his tongue in. We made out for a while, then a thought came to my head. I pulled away.

“Can-can I ask, why does he do it? Why does he hurt you? Is there even a reason?” he didn’t answer immediately and I thought perhaps it might have been a little insensitive. “I mean, don’t feel pressured to answer or-”

“I came out to him.” He sighed. “A little while after the whole mess with Key I realised I did have feelings for him, but my Dad, and entire family for that matter, is super homophobic so I think that may have rubbed off on me over the years, and I ended up in denial. Eventually I couldn’t stand being locked in that metaphorical closet. So I came out. He was furious obviously. I was a disgrace, his son. Especially next to my two brothers, with their wives and children, perfect heirs to the Choi line. And so that was the first time he hit me. ”

“…”

“Yeah…”

“Can I just say, I hate your Dad.”

“Yes, yes you can.” He squeezed me tight and relaxed. “Let’s sleep. Talking about these things is always exhausting.” He stretched his arm out yawning in an exaggerated manner.

“Alright.” I said. “But boy you’re on my side of the bed so you better move.” An idea popped into my head. “Better yet,” I started climbing over him but he grabbed my waist stopping my halfway. Fully straddling him. Just like I planned. Mwahahaha.

“I quite like you here.” He smirked, slipping a hand around the back of my neck and pulling me down for a kiss.

“I thought you were tired? Changed your mind, have you?” I smirked, tilting my head to the side. He just chuckled and pulled me in for another kiss.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shorter than usual chap this time :P

things r gonna happen soo tho :D