Chapter 5

TREE HOUSE

 

 

One Saturday

 

Junho, Suzy, Wooyoung and So Eun thought of something else to do and that’s when they end up going to the beach. It was a pleasant day and the weather’s fine.

 

Junho, next to So Eun was accompanying Suzy while they were walking at the side of the beach. So Eun felt a mini heart attack towards their gesture. Being insensible, she lurched into a small rock which she didn’t notice while she was busy watching the two. Thanks to Wooyoung who was eager to catch her. So Eun moaned a little as she felt the pain at her right ankle.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked exuberantly which caught Junho’s attention.

 

He looked back to where Wooyoung and So Eun stopped.

 

“Wait here” he anxiously told Suzy. She nodded in agreement.

 

“What happened?” Junho asked as soon as he reached So Eun.

 

“I just tripped onto a rock, nothing really serious. Don’t worry.” So Eun defended, quickly mending her gesture. She tried to walk but the pain was undeniably unbearable. So Eun gasped softly making Junho more keen.

 

He was about to usher when Wooyoung grabbed her. Enfolding his left arm on her shoulder and clutching her right arm with his right arm too. Junho’s worried face turned stiff. He let out a small sigh and went back to Suzy.

 

**************

 

(Junho’s POV)

 

I let out a small sigh when I saw Wooyoung helped So Eun. It was a sigh of relief though I wanted to take that chance too. But I’m uncertain how Suzy would feel if I did that and how Young would react if I took her from his arms.

 

Looking at her, I think she got sprained. Well, I can trust Young in this matter.

 

While going to the tree house, Suzy gazed blankly at me. She was giving me a “what’s that stare for” look. My small eyes went smaller at her gape then she chortled. I glared back with a puzzled eye.

 

Suzy smiled with all her heart. Her long black hair was laid down swaying along the breezy air. The front hair that almost covered her cat eyes was flapping away too, showing off her silky forehead.

 

Aishh, I’m so confused and I’m feeling a little guilty now. I thought. She’s so adorable, a man who couldn’t resist.

 

“Oppa, let’s go somewhere else?”  Suzy suggested while clinging to my arms.

 

But, I thought to myself again. My eyes seemed like it has a mind of its own, it was searching for So Eun and Wooyoung. Neglecting what she had said though I didn’t find them.

 

“Why?” Suzy asked. I refused to answer but dragged her out of here instead.

 

Little did I know, Young and So Eun headed first to the backyard nearby the beach.

 

Suzy and I started chatting. We usually talk about our future dreams, about some things between us like our similarities. The things we like and we don’t. Our conversation would naturally end up with us laughing at each other. I like talking to her this way but I love sharing things more with my best friend. But I guess this is how it ought to be.

 

Lurking out I feel a bit tired.

 

“Suzy-ah, let’s go to the tree house.” I said.

 

“The one you built for So Eun unnie? Wow! Are you really going to show it to me?”  Suzy asked nonchalantly. Her eyes formed from a small one to tad round.

 

“If you’d let me.” I responded with an eye smile. I felt having a self reproach since it was shameful bragging something that I had done for So Eun instead of her.

 

“Of course, I would love to Oppa!” she exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

 

Approaching to the tree house, I saw Young and So Eun sitting at the bench. Young was massaging her right ankle at the same time as her right leg was resting at his tough leg. My heart jolted at the scene.

 

So Eun motioned her head up. She peeked at me raising her brows.

 

“Oh! Junho-ssi! Suzy-ah, you’re here?” she seemed embarrassed. Young turned his head to face us.

 

“Are you alright?” Suzy asked going towards her.

 

So Eun’s pinkish cheeks reddened. Modestly beaming she replied “Yes, are you tired? Why don’t you take a rest?” 

 

Ignoring our doubts about her situation she pointed the tree house. All the worries painted at Suzy’s face changed to anticipation. Her jaw dropped in awe.

 

“Oppa, did you really build this up? I want to look within!” exclaimed by her.

“Alright let’s go! So Eun-ah, better be careful next time.” I shook my head and warned her.

 

Wooyoung gulped down giving me a sharp look.

 

Suzy pulled me out and dragged me, urging me to get on the ladder. I held her waist in assistance as she took her steps one by one.

 

“Oh oppa! This is so cute. So Eun unnie must be very thankful and lucky. I envy her.” Suzy protested cutely as we got in. I was shot right at my heart when she muttered the word ENVY.

 

In my defense, I picked up the guitar that Wooyoung and I left after the final touch in building the tree house.

 

“Eh, let me play you a song. Sing with me Suzy-ah!” I defended.

 

My fingers were busy strumming the strings of my guitar singing to my favorite song Only You by 2PM. Suzy was singing along with me. She really has a nice and saintly voice.

 

Attaining the high note, Suzy intentionally cracked her voice. We then both laugh at her impishness and continued singing to another song.

 

The atmosphere changed when I played 2PM’s Stay With Me.

 

We went a little serious and my mind starts to wander. I cried my heart out as I was singing. I cleared my throat. Lyrics were clearer. My singing went stronger.

 

The image of my best friend popped in my head. Feeling the comfortable vibes of the song, my lips curved involuntarily.

 

“Oppa, are you happy right now?” Suzy interrupted those random thoughts.

 

I stopped twanging and put back the guitar to where it was before. I stared at her for a second and said “Yes” whole heartedly.

 

She grinned then she took my left hand with hers.

 

“Is it because of me?” she asked again lacing her hand with mine.

 

At first I didn’t know how to react. It was obvious that she was waiting for me to answer.

 

I took a deep breath and replied with my smiling eyes and “Of course”.

 

She pulled my left arm with our hands still interlocked straight to her waist but I was taken aback by her assertiveness. Suzy rested her head on my shoulder, not to embarrass her I clasped my right arm over her shoulders. The scene was solemn and we were just at the right place to capture such moment.

==============================================================================================================================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Don’t think that our Junho’s taking Suzy for granted. It’s not what it is. Anyway, thank you for supporting and reading my story. Please wait for the next chappie! :)