Chapter 1

TREE HOUSE

CHAPTER I

 

(So Eun’s POV)

 

 

            I reached back home at past eleven with my wet clothes and hair. I stopped my crying but I’m breaking down emotionally. Mom didn’t notice my swollen eyes. She just asked me to take a shower and change my clothes after. She even made me porridge. After all what Mom has told me to do, I went straight to my room and sat in front of my dresser. I looked at the girl in front of the mirror then my tears started streaming down my face again. Still thinking about what happened to us and to him. Why can’t he get over it? Why can’t he forgive me? Is he really going to treat me this way for the rest of his life? I miss the cheerful Junho I used to talk with. I miss him goofing around in my room when he has nothing to do at home. Rain keeps on pouring as my tears keeps on falling.

 

 

­­==========================================================================

(Flashback)

 

 

 

It was our break time and I opted to check Junho if his class was over but we slammed into each other at the corridor.

 

“Aigoo! Junho-ya! Watch out where you’re heading to.” I reprimanded with an irritated voice.

 

“Sorry. I’m in a rush.” He said grinning.

 

“Why are you rushing?” I asked him. But instead of answering he gave me a witty smile.

 

“Ya! What’s with that smile?” I asked him again with a puzzled face.

 

“Nothing, let’s go grab something to eat.” He replied.

 

My mind has started wandering because of that smile he showed me just a while ago. Junho was talking to me while we were sitting next to each other at the school’s cafeteria. He didn’t know that I wasn’t really paying attention since I was nodding the whole time. When we heard the bell rang, we both ran quickly to our rooms.

 

I was in my English class. Though my body’s in that class I could say that my mind was not there. Still trying to figure out what happened to that jerk that he was so in high spirits. I’ve never seen him that happy except when he’s with Suzy.

 

“What exactly happened?” I stated without knowing it was too loud. Our professor heard me. Everyone was looking at me.

 

“Is there anything you want to know Miss Kim?” she calmly asked. I shook my head in response then apologized.

 

That was quite near so I eliminated those thoughts about Junho’s weird smile and get back to my senses. After the class, I was still sitting on my chair and began thinking again. I bit my lips in suspicion. In the middle of sorting it out, I heard someone calls my name.

 

“So Eun-ah!” it was Suzy when I turned to see who’s calling my name. I smiled and got up to meet her.

 

“Suzy-ah, are your classes over?” I asked her.

 

“Ne. Let’s go check him?” she said referring to Junho.

 

Suzy is Junho’s girlfriend for half a year now. The three of us were best friends since then but Junho was my childhood best friend. I knew him more than myself and vice versa. Suzy has a really great personality which I like about her. She never got jealous of me. Sometimes, people would think that we are the real couple and not them but she won’t mind. That’s what I like about her. She’s sweet, a jolly person and even trustworthy. Suzy was just perfect for my best friend.

 

“Let’s go!” I giggled and we both headed to Junho’s room.

 

To our surprise, he wasn’t there anymore. His classmates told us that he was hurriedly running on his way out. He didn’t even mention where he was going to.

 

“Something weird is really happening to that jerk.” I thought to myself.

 

“Where could he possibly go without letting us know?” Suzy asked me.

 

Just like her, I don’t have any idea too. What’s wrong with that person? Nobody knows but lately, he’s been acting a bit odd. He’s my best friend and I already know every single detail about him. The way he act when he’s happy, either in pain or going through something, I knew it all. But right now, I can’t really figure out what’s with him. I know it has something to do with that smile on his face this morning.

 

“Didn’t he call you? Didn’t he tell you what he’s up to?” I asked Suzy as we stride to another place. She wobbled her head.

 

We’re both unsure about what’s happening to Junho.

 

“Lately, he’s been busy. We haven’t talked in a while. Do you have any idea about what’s wrong with your best friend?” She asked in return. I pouted and scratched my forehead.

 

He’s not seeing her? He’s not giving a call either? Aishh! Junho’s giving me a headache here. Suzy looked fine after saying those things though I feel a little guilty. Suzy isn’t the type of a girlfriend who’d do everything to get her boyfriend’s attention. She doesn’t nag him. I looked at her face in curiosity.