Chapter Two: Far Away

Yesterday's Love

**Soo Ji’s POV**

“So I don’t know but they said there is this kind of potion, whatever it is, but uh… yes, it’ll make him crazy over you.” I told Ji Eun.

She was literally shrieking when I told her a myth that I heard a long long time ago. She waved her hands in mid- air then grasp onto my arm.

“Unni.” She said in a serious tone with her eyes aimed at me.

“I need that potion.” She demanded and I brushed her hands off my arm.

“It’s just a myth, silly. I don’t think it really exists.” I stated and she pouted.

“Aww… I really want the potion though.” She sighed and I shrugged as I crossed my arms.

“I think I’ll be able to get the potion for you but!” I said and Ji Eun’s face lightens up.

“But what, unni?” She leaned in towards me.

“I’m going to teach your so-called lover a lesson first.” I looked at her and she flew back at my response.

Unni~ no way~” She pouted her lips again.

Ji Eun is the only daughter from a pretty wealthy family. We became best friends during our high school years and still are good friends, but…. *sighs* She is too easily fooled by small gifts, especially from men. I don’t think she can live in this world without men. She would go insane.

“Fine. No potion then. This so-called lover has made me suffer through all your whining and crying. He needs a lesson before I make sure he’ll be yours forever. Hmph.” I said then looked back at Ji Eun and she was in her thinking mode.

“Isn’t it reasonable to torture him a bit? Either way, I’m still going to do something.” I declared with a smirk.

 

LATER…

 

When Ji Eun felt like she couldn’t convince me no more, she gave up and followed me to some place where I was told about witch-craft stuff. It was creepy; with everything you would expect after seeing a witch movie. After we were done, we decided to go get something to eat.

“Hello? Appa! Yea? Okay, okay. Bye.” Ji Eun finished her phone call then turned to me.

“Unni, I have to leave first. I’ll call you when you get home. Okay?” She smiled then left as her driver greeted her and let her in the car.

After watching Ji Eun leave, I wondered around the streets. There was no need to rush home since I’m always alone at home… because I am alone. I grew up as an orphan but was taken in by a very nice old lady. I called her Grandma since the day she provided me a life to look forward. After I graduated high school, Ji Eun helped me with a job in her father’s company. I couldn’t be any more grateful then this. While walking, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that Ji Eun was calling me.

“Yea?” I answered but could only hear Ji Eun cheering and laughing insanely.

Unni! Unni! I’m officially getting married!” Ji Eun squealed through the other line.

“Oh… my… god….” I said to myself since this girl never learns from her mistakes.

“When I got home, Junsu came over and asked my appa to allow us to get marry! That’s why my appa called me to come home! Unni, unni, unni! Isn’t this great news?! I didn’t even use the potion yet! Guess I don’t need it no more~!” She cheered and I let out a disappointed yet relief sigh.

“I guess. At least you don’t need the potion no more. Well, I’m going to head home so I’ll call you when I get home.” I said and Ji Eun agreed then we ended the call.

I shook my head since this little girl is fooled once again, but what can I do when she seems to be truly happy though. Like I told Ji Eun, I made my way back home. When I was about a few blocks away from my bus stop, I walked past an antique shop. I already went past the shop, but my mind told me to go inside so I went back. I entered the shop and the usual welcoming bell rang as I open the door. It was quiet and quite peaceful in this small shop. Statues and ancient architecture were nicely assembled that were able to create some walkways. When I looked into one of the glass cabinets, I saw an old simple wooden box. I walked past it so many times, but for some reason my eyes would always look back at it as if it was calling me. Finally, I went up to the owner while he was busy roaming through his own stuff and asked him about the box.

“Excuse me, sir. Can I see what’s inside that box?” I asked and he lifted up his head.

He didn’t move for a few seconds as I just stood there waiting for a response. There was an expression on his face as if he had seen me before, but I didn’t bother to ask any questions. Finally he went over to the glass cabinet and took out the wooden box. He brought it over to where I was standing and carefully placed it between us. He opened the lid and a soft yellow silk cloth covered the top. He pulled out the cloth and revealed a bracelet.

[BRACELET: http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/475/357/792/l_miao-silver-blue-agate-bracelet-bangle-bracelets-155r-0125.jpg]

It was a simple bracelet. My eyes were attached to the pearls that were on the rim of the bracelet. Suddenly I saw one of the pearl flashed and I blinked my eyes quickly. I looked up and the old man had no reaction but a melancholy face.

“D-Did you see that?” I asked like I just saw magic and still, no response.

I shrugged off what I just saw and thanked the old man for showing me the box. Before I turned away, he motioned me to stop and I did. He placed the bracelet back into its box and placed the cloth inside then closed the box. As I watched his motions, I realized that he was wearing a similar bracelet, but I didn't care much about it. He handed me the box but I was hesitating to understand what his action meant.

“Sorry but I just wanted to look at what was in the box.” I politely stated.

The old man shook his head and still offered the box to me. I didn’t want to show any impolite manners so I took the box. I thanked the old man with a bow then left his shop. When I was walking away, I pulled out the box and took out the bracelet, examining the details, which didn’t have much. I slipped the bracelet around my wrist and jingle the beads. A smile appeared on my face as the bell and the beads made beautiful jingle sounds. I seated myself inside the bus booth and I felt happy for the first time again.

In a busy city like this, there is no point for a car. Not to mention that the transportation is quite convenient too. I sat inside the booth and waited for my bus to arrive. I looked at my watch and there was still plenty time so I closed my eyes as I listened to my music. I felt so comfortable that I didn’t realize I have fallen asleep. As I fell deeper in my sleep, I could hear the sound of the beads jingle from a far distance. I felt like I was embrace in the waves of the winds, flowing freely away to a place that is filled with peace and happiness. Possibly to a different world that I have always dream of.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:

So I have officially got the story sort out and OH MY GOODNESS! I feel like this will be the second best story I have ever written in my writing history haha! I'm anticipating for this since the storyline is going to be confusing but worth the reading! Please share this with your friends or whoever and enjoy! :)

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEASERS:

“Who am I?” I asked the servant who have been stuck to my side since the moment I became conscious again.

“Princess, are you kidding? You’re too nervous about the wedding. Relax a bit.” The servant responded with a gentle smile.

“But---” I uttered.

~~~~

“You can not forget why you are here.” He reminded me in a way that I did not understand.

“Why am I here anyway?” I asked in a snobby accent since everyone was acting and speaking in a very weird accent.

His eyes gave me a deadly stare like piercing arrows. I held in my breath and looked away. His face always gives me the chills.