Different World

Yesterday's Love

**Soo Ji’s POV**

I had a beautiful dream; seeing a world covered with the colors of the rainbow and the sun shining brightly in the sky. Butterflies and birds danced in pairs as I walked through the field of flowers. I was dressed in a white dress that flows gracefully as the breeze brushes against me like I was a goddess. I twirled around in the wide land and sing at heart. The scenery was too mind-blowing that it felt like a dream. I heard something in the distance and turned towards that direction then I…

Ah!” I yelped as I pulled my leg muscle.

I lay still as I tried to endure the pain; not moving another muscle until the pain fades away. Hopefully after my leg feels better, I can prepare myself for work. I must be late already since people were already crowding the streets outside. I switched my position and the moment when I turned, I heard dishes clashing to the ground. My arms and legs flew up in the air before I actually pulled myself off my bed. Before I could scream for help, a girl around my age looked up to me as she kneeled down to pick up the dishes on the ground. We froze and kept looking at each other. My eyes observed her features given that she is wearing something I absolutely would not wear in our modern day. She looked like an Eskimo, but her skin color was fair and she looked clean. As I said before, my leg was still sore so I didn’t move. The young girl faced me and bowed a few times.

“I’m sorry for waking you up, young Miss.” She apologized without looking back up to me.

“Y-Young--- What Young Miss?” I slipped out of bed and I realized that I was dressed differently too.

You.” I pointed my index finger at her.

“What kind of joke is this? Why am I here? A TV comedy show?” I laughed out loud and placed my hand on my hips.

“I want to see your director! Whoever it is that is in charge of here! I---” I began raising my voice when the curtains that were supposed to be the doors opened and a man, possibly a soldier, walked in.

“Get the highness ready. We’re setting off soon.” The man ordered and the servant nods her head.

He looked at her then at me before he walked out. I became curious why the servant was so scared of this man. Who is he anyway? Why should anyone be scared of him? I’m not!


I eyed him as my rival then sat down on the bed. My legs were crossed and for a minute, I forgot my whole situation. My head spun around and I landed my eyes on the servant.

“Your Highness, please excuse me as I go and get some water for you again.” She bowed her head again.

“Ey. Why are you kneeling down? You can just talk to me while standing up.” I said a bit paranoid at her extremely polite actions.

She clumsily stood up with the plate and bowl in her hands. She bowed but I stopped her.

You!” I said and she stopped.

“Yes?” She turned back to me.

“Why am I here?” I asked over again.

“Yes, your Highness. You are on your journey to your arranged marriage as promised. You are arranged to marry the Crown Prince.” She informed me.

W-What?!” I jumped off the bed and stumbled to stand on my feet.

M-Marry who?!” I asked the servant then laughed to myself.

“This must be some crazy joke because I-I remember closing my eyes while waiting for the bus and---” I refreshed my head out loud then looked at the servant.

“This is too much. This is insane. This is NOT funny.” I said to myself then marched out of the tent.

Your Highness!” She followed me.

I opened the curtains and there were… snow? The wind created goosebumps all over my body. I quickly closed the curtains and stepped back.

‘Where am I? It is still spring, but why is it winter already?’

 

LATER…

 

After several attempts, I was forced to ride a carriage. I was fortunate enough that I didn’t have to suffer walking in the snow, but I didn’t like how no one could give me an accurate answer. I asked many people and they only gave me ONE answer. I didn’t like this at all. I let out a big sigh and closed my eyes. Maybe if I fall asleep again, I’ll wake up from this stupid dream.

No--- I don’t think that would work. I pinched myself a trillion times and they were all painful. I’m sure this is real, but… why am I here?!

“Who am I?” I asked the servant who have been stuck to my side since the moment I became conscious again.

“Princess, are you kidding? You’re too nervous about the wedding. Relax a bit.” The servant responded with a gentle smile.

So I’m a princess who is going to attend my arranged wedding? Shouldn’t the man who wants to marry me come to my so-called palace first? What kind of marriage is this? I don’t understand anything. Everything is clueless like a blank paper that is supposes to hold a “secret code”. I sat impatiently in the carriage like a kid dying to go play outside.

At last, the whole team stopped and the servants fed the horses. I got out of my carriage and my servant helped me as my dress blocked my entire view from below. I can’t even see my own feet.

[HER DRESS: http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Free-Shipping-High-Quality-2012-new-arrival-princess-wedding-dress-sweet-elegant-winter-plus-cotton-long/628434287.html ]

If I am a princess, I should use my authority… just for now. If I can plot my escape then I should do it now too.

“I want to walk alone.” I ordered the servants then walked away from them.

I walked away, not knowing where exactly I was going. My dress was dragging me down. It was so overwhelming and suffocates my bones, it made me so tired.

I was probably walking back to where we came from but how would I know when I am not from this place. I stopped then turned around but froze when I saw that man from earlier. I ignored him and walked past him.

“Don’t try to turn back on your words.” He said in a very harsh tone.

I turned around and he was facing me too.

“But---” I uttered.

“You can not forget why you are here.” He reminded me in a way that I did not understand.

“Why am I here anyway?” I asked in a snobby accent since everyone was acting and speaking in a very weird accent.

His eyes gave me a deadly stare like piercing arrows. I held in my breath and looked away. His face always gives me the chills.

“I’ll you back, your highness.” He walked up to me and slightly nods his head.

I glared at him then stomped away by myself. Who is he to treat me like this? Why does he follow my every step? Am I safe with him around?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:

Well here is chapter 3. No teasers for today but look forwards to the next chapter. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU~ :)