The Hidden Feelings

Random K-Pop Oneshots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbey was simply friends with Kris. She just thought of Kris as a good friend and nothing more. However, what happens when someone else begins to come into the picture? Can friendships remain just friendships?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abbey and Kris knew each other fairly well. They were friends and while they weren’t close friends, they were friends nonetheless. They had some classes together and they even lived close enough nearby to say a passing hello whenever they went by one another. It was that simple type of relationship and friendship that they had.

            To anyone, Abbey would’ve sworn that she didn’t have a crush on Kris. Kris was simply a friend and nothing more. They didn’t know each other well enough to have a relationship with one another and Kris felt the same way. While he wouldn’t say that he never wanted Abbey to be his girlfriend, he was still unsure in his feelings about her since he rarely ever spoke to her sometimes. Kris wanted to find out more about Abbey before he seriously thought about pursuing a romantic relationship with her.

            “Hey, how’s it going?” Kris asked as he walked into Abbey’s room. He was always welcome and Abbey’s roommate didn’t mind either. After all, Kris sometimes helped them with their homework, especially with Abbey’s class in Chinese.

            “It’s going good,” Abbey said nodding her head as she looked up from her computer. It wasn’t strange to have him just walk in the door, it was perfectly normal. After all, that’s why Abbey and her roommate kept their door open, so anyone could drop by and say hello if they wished. “What about you?”

            “You know, it’s life,” Kris said laughing as he took a seat on their rug.

            “What brings you here?”

            “Just bored,” he said sighing.

            “So you don’t find yourself bored in our room?” Abbey asked staring at him strangely.

            “Not at all,” he said with a slight smile. “Do you want to go get some dinner with me?”

            “Umm…” Abbey said as she began thinking about his request. She took a quick glance at the clock and saw that it was already six at night and she hadn’t eaten since noon earlier. Now that Kris had brought up the talk about dinner, she found herself being hungry. “Sure,” she said nodding her head as she turned to her roommate. “I’ll be back.”

            “Okay,” her roommate replied in response.

           Kris and Abbey walked to the dining hall where they ate dinner together and talked about this or that. However, that was the last time that they had done it for a while. The following days, Kris was always with someone else and it seemed like he was never alone and it never seemed like Abbey would ever get the chance to even greet him.

            The person that Kris was always with was Krystal. Abbey and Krystal were once good friends in the beginning of their college lifestyle. They talked frequently and they even hung out on a couple occasions. However, once life started getting hectic with the homework and the assignments, the hanging out eventually stopped and they no longer kept in contact.

            To be frank, Abbey would even sometimes think about how annoying Krystal was. After some point, there was something about Krystal that annoyed Abbey. It wasn’t that she had a bad personality or anything, but Abbey came to the realization that Krystal was kind of judgmental about other people and she found out that her laugh could get quite annoying after listening it to a very long time.

            “Are you okay?” Abbey’s friend Suzy asked her.

            “Eh? Yea, I’m fine,” Abbey said nodding her head as she and Suzy went back to working on their homework. Suzy had been noticing the sudden personality change in Abbey and as much as she wanted to help her friend, Abbey wouldn’t give up any information about anything involving the sudden change.

            “Are you sure?” Suzy asked after some silence. She was positive that there was something on Abbey’s mind and if she had it her way, she was going to figure out what it was.

            “I told you I’m fine,” Abbey said nodding her head, but every now and then her eyes would wander out into the hallway and her ears would perk up just in case the sudden sound of Krystal came by or if Kris would suddenly walk by the door. It was something that she began doing after he had stopped talking to her all together.

            “You know, I think you like him,” Suzy said sighing as she flipped through another page in her book.

            “What are you talking about?” Abbey asked pretending like Suzy was talking about nothing. Abbey attempted to continue working on her homework, but she started to find it difficult to concentrate.

            “I think you like Kris.”

            “Are you insane?” Abbey asked as she placed her book down onto the desk and stared at her friend in disbelief. There was no way that she liked Kris. She hadn’t even talked to him in a while; there was just nothing between them anymore. It was like their friendship had suddenly evaporated in the air.

            “Oh, there he is now,” Suzy said pointing out the door, to which Abbey followed her finger to see Kris standing outside of the doorway with Krystal. It looked like they were having a good time with one another and a little part of Abbey felt sad at seeing the sight.

            As Kris was talking with Krystal, his eyes wandered into the room they were standing out of and he saw Abbey sitting in the room staring at them out in the hallway. Somehow he lost his train of thought causing Krystal to stare at him weirdly. “Kris, are you okay?” she asked as she touched his arm.

            “What?” he asked attempting to get his thought sback onto the conversation and onto Krystal that was in front of him, but he couldn’t think of anything anymore. After seeing Abbey it was like his mind went completely blank. He thought that she saw hurt on her face, but he wasn’t entirely sure.

            “Are you listening to me?” she impatiently asked.

            “Uhh…no,” Kris said after thinking.

            “You’re not?”

            “Nope, I’m sorry, but I have something else to do.”

            “What do you mean?” Krystal asked as Kris turned away and went towards Abbey who was in the room. Without even questioning anything, Kris grabbed her arm as he led her out into the hallway and back into his own room since his roommate wasn’t in the room. Without a second thought, he immediately shut the door behind him.

            “What are you doing?” Abbey asked in shock as she attempted to process what just happened.

            “This,” Kris said as he leaned close to Abbey and slowly pressed his lips against hers.

            Abbey didn’t know what was happening; there was no way that Kris was kissing her. She didn’t want to believe it, but it was happening. She and Kris were kissing in his dorm room.

            “Kris, Kris, Kris,” Abbey repeated after they broke apart what was becoming a heated kiss. “What is this?”

            “What’s what?” he innocently asked.

            “You and me…I thought you were with Krystal,” Abbey honestly admitted as she turned her head away from him.

            “I’m not, obviously,” Kris said with a chuckle as he turned Abbey’s head back to look at him. “Look at me,” he whispered to her. “You really thought that I liked someone like Krystal?” Abbey slowly nodded her head. “Never.”

            “Huh?” she asked.

            “I’ll never like someone like her,” he bluntly said.

            “Why not? She’s nice, she’s cute, she’s everything that you should have in a girl, she seems perfect,” Abbey said. No matter how much it hurt her to say those words, she wanted Kris to be happy.

            “Are you stupid or something?” Kris asked in disbelief as he got closer to Abbey once more. “I don’t like her because she’s not you. Abbey, I like you, not Krystal. I like you.”

            “Oh.”

            “Oh? Is that all you have to say?” Kris asked as he looked at Abbey’s lips once again.

            “Oh,” Abbey whispered as Kris got closer and closer to kiss her again. “I like you, too.”