Three Words...I Love You

Random K-Pop Oneshots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three simple words and she would be his and he would be hers. Three simple words that would cause two college students to realize their feelings for one another, but what happens when those words aren’t the easiest to say? Who will get the courage to say what the other one doesn’t dare say?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He made her heart beat fast whenever she saw him. It was a strange feeling inside of her, feeling like her heart was about to explode out of her chest. No other person had done it before, except for him. Mina had her share of boyfriends in the past, but nothing compared to what she was feeling for L.Joe. It was just something indescribable, something amazing. Despite the fact that they had only started college a week ago, they had both gotten to know each other pretty well and were now comfortable around each other.

            The feelings were mutual on L.Joe’s end, too, only Mina didn’t know it. L.Joe was shy. Being a freshman in college was a nerve-wracking experience for anyone and he didn’t know how to act with a girlfriend or even getting one in the first place, he wasn’t entirely sure. He did know that he had a special place for Mina in his heart, though. She was pure and innocent, not to mention friendly. Somehow he was able to easily open up to her and they were able to become fast friends. He hoped that they would be able to become something more.

            But something was holding the both of them back. They didn’t know if it was because of the lack of time that they actually knew one another or maybe it was the fact that they were afraid that a relationship would get in the way of their studies once their classes got difficult, but neither confessed to one another. Every day they would think about each other while spending the day together, but neither ever said one word about their true feelings that they were hiding.

            Both of them had met for their usual lunch date. It was customary for them both to meet at least one day a week to have lunch because of their busy schedules. Otherwise they would see each other in passing and only be able to say a quick greeting and nothing more. Still, just seeing each other made their day complete with happiness.

            “So, how were your classes today?” Mina asked L.Joe first before she took a big bite of her rice.

            “They were good,” L.Joe said as he took a drink of his apple juice and nodded his head. “I didn’t have anything major, it was simple things.”

            “Yeah, I get it, I wish I had simple things,” Mina said. It just so happened that that day was one of her hardest days of the week of being in classes all day and not being able to have any break except for the hour that she had for lunch, which was currently being occupied by meeting with L.Joe, but Mina was happy. Just the slightest glimpse of L.Joe would make her happy by far, even during the longest days.

            “What did you have already?” Mina curiously asked. She didn’t entirely know L.Joe’s schedule and where he was at what point in the day, she only knew of some classes, but not all of them.

            “I had a business class,” L.Joe said sighing. He was majoring in business, but sometimes he thought that it was boring, but other times it was interesting. There was just no middle ground with that class. “And then I have a philosophy class later.”

            “You know, I don’t see why you have to take philosophy,” Mina said with a slight laugh.

            “I’m not entirely sure either,” L.Joe admitted as he thought about it. “They just stuck me with it. I mean, I’m a business major for crying out loud.”

            “Oh just stop it,” Mina said laughing as she continued to eat some of her food.

            Silence befell the both of them as they continued eating their lunch. It wasn’t that they had run out of ideas to talk about, but they both liked the silence. It was a somewhat comforting silence in an attempt to calm down their beating hearts.

            “So,” L.Joe said sighing. “Do you want to come to my room later and help me study?”

            “But I’m not a business major,” Mina said looking at L.Joe strangely.

            “Yeah, but maybe you could help me with my philosophy stuff,” L.Joe said shrugging his shoulders. “You said that you wanted to know about it, so I’m giving you the opportunity to.”

            “Okay,” Mina said nodding her head. “I’ll be sure to come over to your dorm. When?”

            “Tonight at eight,” L.Joe said.

 

After a long day of classes, Mina quickly went back to her dorm before having to meet up with L.Joe at eight. She had dinner with a friend and it was already seven thirty and she was freaking out. Mina knew that she couldn’t be late since she lived right down the hall from L.Joe, that was how they coincidently met, they lived in the same hallway.

            Going through outfit after outfit, Mina wasn’t sure what to wear. She figured that L.Joe would surely notice if she were to change her whole outfit, but wondered if he would actually be able to and wondered if he paid that much attention to her. Finally, Mina decided to go simple with a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, despite being inside.

            “Hey, you’re here,” L.Joe said as he opened his dorm room door. His roommate was going to be out for the night so he and Mina were going to stay uninterrupted and L.Joe hoped that it stayed that way.

            “Yeah, I’m here,” Mina said with a big smile as she readjusted her backpack on her back as L.Joe beckoned for her to come inside.

            “Here, let me take that,” L.Joe said grabbing Mina’s backpack off of her back and placing it on the floor next to his desk. “You’re helping me first before I help you.”

            “But you’re a business major,” Mina playfully complained.

            “Hey, you should be nice to me,” L.Joe said with a bright smile as he opened his philosophy book and opened the browser to the questions that he needed to think about while he read the chapter. “Well, here they are.”

            “Okay,” Mina said as she went around L.Joe and looked over his shoulder at the things that he needed to do. Just that simple contact between the two made their hearts start beating at a thousand miles a minute. Both of their chests felt like they were going to explode any second with happiness and joy. L.Joe was positive that he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his work, but he was going to do his best. Mina wasn’t even sure she was going to be able to help L.Joe with any of his work since she couldn’t really understand what was going on. “Here, let’s start with this,” Mina said as the two buckled down, pushed their feelings aside, and got to work.

            During the middle of their study session together, Mina couldn’t take it anymore. She was pretty sure that she was going to explode if she didn’t find out L.Joe’s feelings about her. Despite not knowing him for long, she was prepared to put their friendship up on the line by asking one simple question.

            “What if I said I liked you?” Mina asked closing her book and looking at L.Joe.

            “What are you talking about?” L.Joe asked in shock as he stared at Mina. He didn’t want to believe that it was true for the chance that Mina could’ve been kidding about the whole thing.

            “What if I said I liked you, like I really liked you, what would you do about it?”

            “I…I don’t know, it depends if this is a confession or not,” L.Joe said closing his book and putting it aside. “Mina, is this a real confession? Do you like me?”

            The silence between them was suffocating both of them. At that question, Mina’s heart started racing and L.Joe sat in anticipation for his answer. When Mina began not to say anything, it felt like his heart was slowly starting to crumble, but then L.Joe finally heard her voice.

            “Yes,” she softly said. “L.Joe, I do like you. I think I love you.”

            They both stared at one another for a moment. The moment that she said the confession Mina had regretted it until L.Joe got off of his desk chair, went over to Mina, and hugged her tightly.

            “I love you, too,” L.Joe whispered as he tightly hugged her. Slowly, L.Joe stopped the hug as he looked deeply into Mina’s eyes before he gently kissed her on the nose. “Mina, will you be my girlfriend?”