Until the End of Time

Random K-Pop Oneshots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya and Minho have known each other ever since they were in elementary school, but they only started dating each other during their freshman year of college. Being skeptical about the beginnings of their relationship, Maya brings up her concerns to Minho.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya sat on the couch in her apartment as she looked at Minho intently watching soccer on television. “Are you going to stare at me like that the entire game?” Minho asked with a chuckle as he quickly took a glance at Maya before turning to look back at the television.

            “Maybe,” Maya chuckled as she turned her attention to the television. No matter how much she tried, soccer was just a blur to her. She attempted to understand it and even did some independent research on it, but she just couldn’t bring herself to actually understand the concept, or be able to sit through an entire game. She honestly didn’t understand how Minho was able to do something like that. “You seem so concentrated when you watch soccer.”

            “It’s an intense sport,” Minho said without even looking her way. “Why? Is there something bothering you?”

            “No,” Maya said shaking her head, “I was just thinking about how good looking you are…How in the world did I get such a good looking boyfriend?”

            “How did I get such a good looking girlfriend?” Minho asked as he finally turned to look at Maya before he swiftly kissed her on her cheek. “Are your suitemates not coming back tonight?”

            “No,” Maya sighed as she leaned back on the couch, “apparently they said something about us needing alone time. Plus they were going to go to Busan this weekend anyway for who knows what reason.”

            “Hmm,” Minho hummed as he slung his arm around Maya and brought her close. “You know…how did I get so lucky to have you here? You can cook, you’re pretty, and you can tolerate me watching sports all the time.”

            “I don’t know,” Maya said with a chuckle as she looked up at Minho’s face as he continued to intently watch the television. “But why me?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Why do you like me?” Maya asked again.

            “What are you talking about? Do you not like me?” Minho worried as he quickly looked down at her.

            “No, no, it’s nothing like that,” Maya said shaking her head, “I like you, I really do…maybe I even love you, but why me? Why do you like me out of all people? You could have someone that’s really beautiful and the girl that everyone wants. I’m just a geek.”

            “You’re not a geek, you’re just Maya,” Minho said as he reached for the remote to turn off the television.

            “Oh, you turned it off,” Maya said in a shock as she turned to look at the television. “You never turn it off unless it’s something important.”

            “And this is important,” Minho said as he sat up and faced Maya on the couch. She did the same and Minho slowly took her hands into his and looked into her eyes. “Why do you think that I would want anyone else?”

            “I mean…you’ve liked me for a really long time—”

            “Ever since we were in fifth grade,” Minho added.

            “Ever since the fifth grade,” Maya added with a smile, “but…you could have anyone in the school, but you continued liking me, even though it took me so long to understand your feelings.”

            “Trust me when I said that I’ve tried to get over you when it didn’t seem like you were ever going to realize my feelings, but that just made me like you more,” Minho confessed.

            “What do you mean?” Maya wondered.

            “I mean…me dating those other girls when we were younger, it only made me appreciate you more and like you even more.”

            “But you were popular, everyone likes you. Even here everyone likes you, but you’re going out with the plain me.”

            “And that’s what makes me like you,” Minho said as he pulled Maya close to him once again. “I like the plain you, the you that doesn’t care what other people think and the you that always says what’s on her mind. I just like you. There’s no reason, there doesn’t have to be. I was always just attracted to you.”

            “Still, though, I don’t understand,” Maya muttered into Minho’s chest.

            “Does there have to be a reason to everything?” Minho chuckled. “I’m just thankful that you finally realized my feelings before I would have to confess to everyone that my first love didn’t understand my feelings.”

            “I’m your first love?” Maya surprisingly asked as she turned to look at Minho who just slowly nodded his head.

            “Why? Were you expecting it to be someone else?”

            “Maybe…”

            “Look, Maya, I love you,” Minho said as he took a deep breath. “I don’t want to be with anyone else but you.”

            “Minho…” Maya slowly said as she looked at him. She felt as though that was the only thing she was able to do, just look at him. She had no idea that he actually felt that deeply for her. Maya only figured that it was just a passing thing and that maybe after a while they would realize that they were better off as friends, but she was his first love, which meant that he would probably never forget about her, ever.

            “Look, it’s okay if you don’t understand your feelings yet, but just know that I really like you. I love you, I really do, Maya.”

            “I think…I think I love you, too,” Maya said as she looked at him. “Maybe I just didn’t understand the feelings inside of me. Maybe this love for you was there all along and I just didn’t understand it. I didn’t understand the strange feelings that were inside of me, yet after you saying that, maybe I’m finally able to understand. I think I’ve loved you all along, too.”

            “Really?” Minho asked with a glint in his eye as he looked at Maya.

            “Really,” Maya said with a smile as she nodded her head.

           Without saying a word, Minho swiftly went in and kissed Maya on the kiss. It was a long, but slow kiss. Hesitantly, the two of them pulled away from one another before Minho gently rested his forehead on Maya’s. “Marry me, Maya.”

            “What?” Maya asked slightly shocked by the sudden proposal.

            “Marry me.”

            “But we’ve only been dating for a couple of months,” Maya attempted to reason.

            “Does it matter how long we’ve been dating?” Minho wondered. “We’ve known each other since elementary school, we know everything about each other. What’s the problem with marrying me? I love you, I’ve been loving you, and I can love you until the end of time. So Maya, will you marry me?”

            “Minho…I don’t know what to say,” Maya said as she looked at him.

            “Just…say something, please,” Minho whispered as he closed his eyes.  Instead of saying something, though, Maya swiftly went in and kissed Minho on the lips. “What does that mean?” Minho asked as Maya pulled away.

            “It means that I will love you until the end of time,” Maya softly said.

            “Hey, maybe your roommates were right,” Minho said with a chuckle.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Maybe we will need this alone time now,” Minho said as he gave Maya a smirk.

            “Yah! Choi Minho,” Maya said as she grabbed the remote and quickly turned the television on. “Look, soccer, you like soccer.”

            “You can’t escape me, Maya,” Minho said as he tightly grabbed her and brought her close before taking the remote out of her hands. “I love you.”

            “I love you, too,” Maya said with a smile as she wrapped her arms around Minho before they both started watching soccer together.