The Misunderstanding (pt. 2)

Random K-Pop Oneshots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takes place directly after Chapter 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Stephanie, wait!” Daehyun yelled as he continued to run after her and finally caught up to her. It turned out that the stamina exercises that he was forced to do some days actually could work.

            “What do you want?” Stephanie asked as soon as Daehyun caught up to her. “Didn’t you hear me when I said that we’re over? Didn’t you hear me when I said that I didn’t want to do this anymore?”

            “But what if I want to do this?” Daehyun asked her. “What if I don’t want to give up on us?”

            “Too late, because I already did,” Stephanie said as she started walking away again, but Daehyun pulled her back into a hug. Stephanie attempted to release herself from the hug, but that only caused Daehyun to tighten his grip around her even more.

            “You’re not leaving me,” Daehyun softly whispered so Stephanie could hear him. “You’re not leaving me, I can’t let you leave me.”

            “Daehyun,” Stephanie said as she managed to release herself from him. “We can’t be doing this anymore.”

            “What’s so wrong about it?” Daehyun honestly asked. He didn’t know why Stephanie was acting that way, why she was acting as though the relationship meant nothing to her anymore. Was the girl only an excuse to get out of a relationship that she never wanted to be in since the beginning? “Stephanie…”

            “Daehyun…please, let’s just stop,” Stephanie said as she noticed more people starting to crowd around since they were beginning to recognize Daehyun. Without wasting another moment, Stephanie went into the crowd and became lost to Daeyun’s sights. In the end, Daehyun had no other choice but to just go back inside to prevent the incident from causing a scandal, although he was sure that something would show up in the papers the next day.

            Silently, Daehyun managed to escape back into the house and went back to his room. He mulled over the possibility of him and Stephanie breaking up, and he didn’t want that to happen. No matter what happened, he wanted to stay with Stephanie. He had to put those cheating rumors to rest. Daehyun figured that if he didn’t, there was no way that Stephanie would ever believe him.

            Meanwhile, Stephanie silently walked back to her own dorm room. She was a college student and she figured that she had other things to worry about than her relationship with Daehyun. Her exams were coming up and she thought that maybe it was good to leave Daehyun because then she could fully focus on her studies.

            But Stephanie’s thoughts were wrong. The days passed and she didn’t hear anything from Daehyun about anything. There was something inside of her that wished that he would at least contact her, but she figured that maybe the rumors were true or maybe he was just too busy for her. The more Stephanie attempted to envelop herself into her studies, the more her mind became preoccupied with thoughts of Daehyun and the happy moments that they had together.

            “You just need to focus on schoolwork, Steph,” Stephanie told herself as she attempted to start reading again, but it was met with fruitless results as she found herself distracted.

            “Why are you talking to yourself?” a familiar voice asked coming up behind her.

            “Daehyun,” Stephanie said as she saw him and quickly began to gather her things.

            “Stop, Steph,” Daehyun said as he attempted to make Stephanie stop running away from him.

            “What more do we each need to say?” Stephanie wondered. “You have another girlfriend, I hope you and her are happy together. Just forget about me and I’ll try to do the same.”

            “I don’t have another girlfriend!” Daehyun yelled, which caused some stares from the other people that were in the library. “Can we…go to your dorm to talk?”

            Stephanie, noticing the stares of other people and figuring that they’re in a library during exam week, slowly nodded her head. She and Daehyun left the library and went towards Stephanie’s dorm room to have their talk.

            Daehyun spent his days wondering about Stephanie while he was on his schedule and always wondering whether he should be the first to call or not. He was also worried that he would be interrupting Stephanie in whatever she was doing. So, Daehyun decided to visit Stephanie’s school. That way, if they were to see each other face to face, it would be harder for her to run away from him.

            “Why are you here?” Stephanie asked him as she flung her backpack onto her bed. “Why did you come back?”

            “I wanted to see you,” Daehyun honestly said. “Is there some rule saying that I can’t see you?”

            “No, but we’re broken up,” Stephanie pointed out. “I don’t think we should be seeing much of each other anymore.”

            Stephanie attempted to leave again, but Daehyun held her back. “I can’t let you leave again. I’m not going to let you leave again.”

            “But wouldn’t things be simpler this way?” Stephanie asked. “I mean, there are other girls just waiting for the opportunity to go out with you. Why me? Why did you choose me?”

            “Because I love you,” Daehyun said. “There’s no other reason, I love you, Stephanie.”

            Stephanie couldn’t say anything, she just stared at Daehyun. “You…you don’t know what love is,” Stephanie said as she attempted to get out of it.

            “Why are you so afraid of admitting that you like me as much as I like you?” Daehyun questioned. “Why are you so afraid of admitting it?”

            “I’m not afraid of admitting anything.”

            “Really? Then why do you seem afraid every time I seemed to get closer to you?” Daehyun asked as he remembered the times when he would try to get closer to Stephanie but she would always push him further away. Stephanie didn’t respond and Daehyun continued talking. “You never tell me when you’re upset with me. I’m actually surprised that this is the first time that you’ve done it over this matter and everything just came out. You never told me when you were unhappy with me before and only said that you were okay with everything. Have you ever thought about what I was feeling? I’m not dating some other girl, I’m not cheating on you. I like you and only you. If you don’t tell me what you don’t like about our relationship, then how are we going to improve our relationship?

            “Look, Steph,” Daehyun continued, “I love you. It’s only you that I want to be with. Please believe me, please trust me when I say those words. I’ll be even more caring now, I’ll understand you even more. Please, just please understand.”

            Stephanie looked at Daehyun as the tears began to form in her eyes as Daehyun stepped closer and pulled her into a hug. “Bad guy,” Stephanie whispered as the tears began to fall.

            “Yes, I’m a bad guy,” Daehyun said with a chuckle as he began to wipe Stephanie’s tears away and hugged her even tighter. “But this bad guy loves this good girl. So will you take me back?”

            “I…I guess,” Stephanie said as she gave a small smile. “I love you, too.”