Decisions Over Wine

❝Paint Me a Pink Star!❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Ri’s POV

“No! You just can’t go out wearing that!” I shook my head when I saw Junhyung’s outfit. “I mean, look at you! The colors you used don’t match! And what’s up with that jacket?! Look like it has been through a World War! Help me up,” I stretched my hand towards him. “I hate this annoying cast,” I mumbled while taking my crutches. “Now let’s go and find you some suitable clothes.”

And after looking in his closet for few minutes, I found something that took my eyes out of my sockets. “What. Are. These?”

“What?” And then he saw the monstrosity I was wiggling back and forth in front of me. Turned red is to little to describe the color his face turned in. It was something between a tomato and a burning fire? Yeah, something like that.

“So?” Moon Ri, keep your face straight! You know, poker face!

“G-give me that!” he tried to grab them, but I moved faster and placed them in my bra, in between my ‘You&I’. “You didn’t do that!” 

“I just did! So, what’s up with them?”

He just turned his back at me and began searching for something inside a drawer. Playing the ‘I don’t hear you’ card, huh?

“C’mon, tell me!” I hit his shin with one of the crutches. “Tell me, or God’s my witness I’m sending you over covered in bruises!”

“Oh fine! Before going into the army, Beast held a Halloween and I wore those. It was somehow closer to an than a party.”

“I can imagine that! And you actually wore these?” I took them out and held them in the air once again.

Junhyung sighed and pulled out a black, marine style jacket. “Yes. Now, can we go back to finding other clothes? I’m kinda in a hurry here!”

“Alright, alright! Let me place these back in the drawer and I’ll come,” I sighed as well while opening the drawer. I wonder what else was hidden in that dressing room?

Half an hour later, his black Audi left the front yard with a fashionista Junhyung at the steering wheel. I made him year that black, marine styled jacket with a simple white, v-necked T under it and a pair of deep red jeans, accompanied by knee-high, black army boots. Not to mention the red scarf around his neck and the black fur coat that he insisted on taking it. Anyway, it was much better than that bling-bling, golden jumpsuit he wore before I gave him the makeover.

I smiled while turning around. My mind was going back to that chest of wonders that was inside his dressing room. Who on Earth would wear paties with a stuffed toy’s head applied in front and the tail wiggling behind?! Yong Junhyung.

 

☂☂☂

 

I was struggling to place my leg up on the sofa when someone knocked at the door, making me hit Ma with the cast by mistake.

“I’m sorry, Ma! Are you alright?” I couldn’t help but feel apologetic towards the spitting cat that was now hiding under the armchair. “Coming! Coming!” I yelled while hopping towards the door. The crutches were just in my way… …

Without checking who was at the door, I turned in the key and pulled the door open. A huge bouquet of multicolored Gerberas welcomed me. And a shy red head smiled behind them.

“H-Hi.”

“Hi, Hyunseung,” I smiled feeling all warm inside at the sight of him. And no, I was not going to have a laughter crisis once again! “C’mon in!” I stepped aside so he could enter. I closed the door behind him, pushing out all that winter storm that was threatening to start anytime… “This way,” I hopped in front of him, trying my best not to trip over my own leg.

“Let me, please.” Hyunseung placed the flowers on the counter and with one swift movement, he lifted me up and carried me over to the tall, kitchen chairs. “There you go!”

“T-thanks!” I could help but smile at his warmth. “So…are those for me?” I tried to break the awkwardness.

“Y-yes!” he grabbed the bouquet from the counter and passed them to me. “I didn’t know what to chose and I didn’t know if you’re allergic to roses, so I stayed with the classic Gerbera. I-I hope you like them though…”

“I like them! Did you know that there’s a meaning behind each flower name?”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes. Giving roses to someone is like shouting to them ‘I love you!’,” I looked around to find the crystal vase. “Can you please pass me the vase on the table?”

“This one?”

“Yes. Thanks!” Being next to the sink, I filled it with water and placed the flowers in, letting them on cold water. “And the Gerberas are yelling from the top of their vegetal lungs: ‘You are the sunshine of my life!’. Ain’t that cute?” I turned to him all smiles, only to discover a very pale Hyunseung staring at me. “Hyunseung? Are you alright?”

“I…I-I didn’t mean to sound that way. I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For the flowers. I…it wasn’t my intention to say that,” he sighed, touching the petals of a red Gerbera. “Please, don’t misunderstand my intentions, Moon Ri.”

For some odd reason, I felt sad when I heard him saying that. “Don’t worry. It’s not like we believe what the flowers tell us anyway,” I sipped from my glass of water, thinking that my evening was ruined. I was in a bad mood. “So, what brings you here, Hyunseung?”

Once again, his face changed its color to a bright red. “You’re mad.”

“No, I’m not. Why would I be mad about? Don’t be silly!”

He shook his head. “You’re mad about what I said. I’m sorry. It was very unmanly of me to say such a thing.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry, alright?” I frowned, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter