CHAPTER 5

ONE SOUL, TWO SOUL

There, he stood in front of Choi Junhong; the guy who have his body. They both looked at each other with horror face, and here he was, looking at himself who looked a bit different....and weird.

“AHHHH!!!!!!!!”

“AHHHH!!!!!!!!”

They both screamed slightly at each other but stopped and stared at each other for a moment.

“AHHHH!!!!!!!” Yongguk screamed his heart out again as Zelo also screamed at him back. Both kept screaming loudly at each other until someone suddenly stopped them.

“YAH!!! SHUT UP! WE GOT SOME CLASS HERE, YOU F****** BASTARDS!!!” a teacher in his 30s yelled at them in return, popping his head out from the class window nearby them.

Yongguk and Zelo startled at the sudden angry voice and slightly bowed in apologetic, “Sorry!”

Yongguk stood and stared at the kid who still bent down. He gripped the guy’s backside collar and pulled him harshly towards the male’s toilet. Zelo tried to glance at him nervously as he stumbled his way to the back.

As they reached to the male’s toilet, Yongguk locked the door as he also made sure the room was completely empty, leaving them both alone; safe and sound.

Zelo stood statically in his position, hugging his backpack as tightly as he can; trying to get rid of his fear towards the older….and the situation that he was in right now.

Yongguk walked to his front and looked at him with stunned face. Zelo gulped his saliva down thickly and started to look around in fear, avoiding the man’s eyes.

Slowly, Yongguk reached to his face as Zelo closed his eyes tightly; afraid of what the guy might be doing to him.

Yongguk pinched the guy’s face, didn’t noticed that he pinched the guy’s face strong enough to make the other guy squirmed painfully.

“Ahh! H-hyungnim! Stop it! It hurts!” Zelo pulled away and massaged his poor cheek. Yongguk scoffed and leaned closely to the sink beside him in despair.

“So, it’s not a dream at all. Everything was real….real as….hell,” he palmed his face in frustration. Zelo scratched his back hair awkwardly as his eyebrows furrowed, feeling uncomfortable at the situation.

“What exactly is happening to us? Why and….how?” when he think about it again, it still doesn’t make any sense. Out of all the people out there, why does he have to stuck with this guy?

“I also don’t know about this, hyung. A-All I know is that I woke up in a foreign place….with dolls surrounded me like invaders. I almost passed out when I realized I lived in someone else’s body….which is you,” Zelo stuttered.

Yongguk frowned when he called his favorite dolls as invaders. “R-really? I didn’t recall any kind of dolls in my….bed,” He faked a cough and straightens his shoulder up.

There’s an eerie silence between them, as they both doing nothing but kept silent.

“So…what should we do now? I-I really don’t want to stay in this kind of state like….forever, hyung….” Zelo voiced out, trying to break out the silence between them.

Yongguk sighed. “Gee, you think? I don’t want to stuck in this body either….,” he recalled the event he went through this morning. Even though the lady was awfully beautiful, but obviously he doesn’t want to stay as close as much he can with her after what she did to him.

“I can’t believe that you still manage to go school after all what happened to us….” Yongguk cocked his eyebrow, looking at him with crossed hands.

Zelo chuckled hesitantly, glanced at him, “I….I can’t think right, hyung. I was panicked and to see some strangers in the house, looking at myself in the mirror this morning….I feel like I was still dreaming but….” He stopped, looked at himself and blinked at him again.

Yongguk felt a slightly struck on his heart when he saw that puppy dog eye. Well, it was his body but somehow he can see how pitiful the kid looks like in reality….and that really made his heart skipped a beat.

“Hyung?” Zelo waved at him when he saw the elder suddenly spaced out.

Yongguk shook his head abruptly to get rid off the dirty thoughts in his mind about the younger and held his thin shoulder. “Look, whatever it is….We can’t let anyone knows about this. We need to stick together until this problem is completely solved. Got it?”

“But, why? I don’t think it would be a problem if we tell our parents about this….”

“NO!” Zelo jolted at the firm tone and looked down scarily. Yongguk noticed that he accidentally scared the boy with his voice and cleared his throat, “I mean…..if we tell this to anyone, they might think we’re crazy or something or just playing around. Worst thing was, we might end up in a mental hospital together if we trying to convince them about this. Do you want that to happen?”

Zelo shook his head and rested his chin on his backpack, pouted at the statement. He wondered what will happen if he tell this to his mother too, probably she won’t believe it either.

“We need to find him as soon as possible. The soon we met him, the faster we can solve this matter….”

The younger looked up at him, “Him? Who?”

“Himchan….he was the guy that I met up yesterday…he’s the reason of what happened to us right now. Once I got him, I’m gonna smash that face of him….hardly,” Yongguk slammed his fist on the wall beside him as the surface cracks a little because of the impact.

“Him…chan?” Zelo tilted his head in wondered.

“Yeah, I met him yesterday. He gave me this one weird card and everything turned out in this way this morning after I read that one odd phrase last night. He must have something to do with this….we need to find him.”

“Umm….is…he the one with….cloak on, hyung?”

“Yeah….” Yongguk removed his hand from the wall and was about to get ready to leave the toilet until it stops him. “Wait….you know Himchan too?”

Zelo nodded vigorously, looking at him with those innocent eyes. Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows and turned at him with hands on his waist. “Tell me what you know, kid.”

The younger gulped thickly before telling him the whole story.

 

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k.s]

One week ago…..

“Haish….what should I do now? It’s almost dawn and I’m still stuck in here for the last few hours! Where is it?!” Zelo whimpered as he looked at his surroundings, confused at the roads in the neighborhood. He had lost his way back home again, and it this is his third time since he’s still not very familiar with the roads yet.

“I hope that mom didn’t worry about me right now….” He felt his legs sore from the long walking. He looked for a place to sit, immediately made his way to nearby bench. He sighed heavily and gazed at the scene in front, it’s getting dark and yet he didn’t know what he should do at this rate.

He jolted at the sudden sound and touches his stomach, it was growling for food. He pouted and looked into his backpack; sadly nothing was in there besides books and his extra clothes.

“Are you lost, kid?”

Zelo jumped at the voice and turned to his side, startled at the man who appeared quietly beside him. He sighed in relief when realized it was just a man...with a cloak.

“Relax, I’m not a ghost anyway….”

“But your outfit does….” Zelo murmured and looked away. The guy frowned at the younger’s statement and mesmerized himself. He looks perfectly fine, he thought.

“Haha….you’re very funny, kid. So, tell me….what have you been up too?” he sat back to the bench and turned at the guy, he’s not there.

“Yah! Where are you going?” He saw Zelo started to walk away, ignoring him and left him behind.

“My mom told me not to talk to strangers….” Zelo mumbled bluntly, he rather walked on a long street than stayed with a weirdo like him.

“Yah…I’m no stranger! I am perfectly normal person!” The guy grabbed his shoulder and turned him around so the younger can faced him upfront. “Wow….you’re kinda….cute,” he tilted his head, awing the kid’s feature.

Zelo blushed at the statement; no one has said that to him before besides his mother, unless he was some erts who want to molest some girls and kid like him.

“W-what do you want?” Zelo slapped the guy’s hand away and tried to glare at him, trying to act tough towards the man.

“Ohh….easy there. I just want to help you. Didn’t you say that you’re lost just now?” he raised his hands in defeat, tried not to make the younger mad.

Zelo frowned and looked at him oddly. “My name is Himchan. What’s yours?” he asked.

“J-Junhong….but my friend called me Zelo…”

“Zelo….well, that’s a cute name too…” Himchan chuckled. “Well, here’s the deal. Before I show you the way, you might want to take a look on these first,” He tugged his side of cloak and pulled it as he swiftly turned around, revealed a table full with cards and other weird items on it.

Zelo widened his eyes with his mouth nearly drop. Since when there’s a table there – he wondered. He eyed the man weirdly, reaching the table as he started to look at each one of the items on the table.

None of it looks new, most of it looks like old toys that he had never seen one before. An antic snowball, rusty pistol, old shoes – what is this? Aren’t these supposed to be junks?

“I think you’ll be interested in these….” Himchan showed him a stack of cards. Zelo blinked at the weird cards, somehow it reminds him of Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon’s game cards that he used to play back then when he was a child. He looked at each one of it, until his eyes laid on the middle one.

“This looks….nice,” Zelo murmured as his eyes completely attached to it. Himchan smirked at the kid’s choice, taking the cards in one hand and placed it on the table.

“Nice choice, kid. You just chose one ‘lucky’ card. I bet you’ll never regret this one later on….”

“You really giving me one of this? Thanks!” Zelo said happily.

“Yeah…that will be five dollar….” He raised a hand. The younger scowled at the sudden reaction.

“I thought you said only to take a look on it….” 

“Well, yeah…but once touch, it is considered sold….okay?” Himchan snickered, making the younger’s eyes turned into slits, glaring the guy for such annoying statement. He reached to his pocket for leftover money and gave it to the man.

Himchan took the money as his smile becomes wider. “If you take that side of the road, it will lead you right away to the other neighborhood from here. That’s one of the shortcut you should know. Nice having you with the business….Junhong-ah,” he winked, perhaps the younger didn’t see that because of the hoods that closed most of his features.

Zelo turned to the road that the guy pointed at before glanced at the card again. “T-thanks but….what kind of card is this?” he turned around slightly but realized that the man was not there anymore, he was alone all by himself.

“W-where is he?” he shocked, when the man suddenly disappeared. He held the card tightly and wondered if what the stranger said was true. He followed the road way and surprisingly, he made it to home. The guy was right.

Last night…

Before he can close his eyes, he suddenly remembered the event again and gazed at his desk, where he placed the card after few days of not touching it. “Now that I remembered, I’ve never read what’s on that card before. What was it anyway?” he walked to his desk and reached for the card.

His eyes searched through the card as it met on one phrase in the middle. “One soul….another, two soul….together. When one can’t be together…..then two are not meant for….each other?” he frowned at the words. Not to mention it’s quite hard to read it, but it also sounds weird.

He shrugged, ignored the thoughts and put the card back on the desk, went back to his bed as his eyes were slowly closed, wondering what would happen next tomorrow after that tiring day.

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k.s - END]

 


 

Okay, first of all, this is a very hard chpater to made so I apologfize if it doesn't turn out good. 

I'm not in a very good mood today due to some probs at home but finally I made this early in the morning. Just want you to know that I made this only for those who subscribe it so I don't care how much people gonna like it so hope you guys enjoy this story. 

Thank you for reading again, and new chapter will come soon ! :D