CHAPTER 1

ONE SOUL, TWO SOUL

 

****RING****

An alarm clock suddenly burst out in the dim morning, waking up the sleepy head boy on the bed. Grumpily, the guy reached the clock beside him and slammed it harshly to stop the alarm. As the room became quiet again, he set himself into sitting position and eyeing his room entirely before yawning in tiredness.

“Urgh….Monday….what a ‘great’ day to start a school….again….” He said sarcastically and slowly went to his bathroom, not forgetting to reach the towel that was lying on the chair beside his desk.

Bang Yong Guk – a guy who always known as a badass student in his school for his bad attire or way of dressing. He hates school very much. That’s why he easily sleeps during classes, skipped classes frequently, and quite lazy in passing up his homework. But how ironically, the teachers can’t complain much because out of all the students in class (or perhaps the school itself) Yongguk always be the top students of all the time.

People always wondered if he was cheating during the exams and even though he was sent to meet the Vice President frequently for it (and because of his bad attitude too) he still managed to stay in the school for quite long time instead of being kick out from it.

The school was known for elite students to graduate successfully with full scholarship and to many parents out there to have their sons and daughters studying in there was really an honor. However, in Yongguk’s case, it was a different story.

He was forced to enter the school. His real dream is to become a famous rapper in his country and entering an art high school was all he ever wanted. And to have parents that against his dream life was really a heart-broken reality.

Now, his life nothing but just a fake liar – there will be nothing that can satisfy or entertain him more rather than music that he adore so much for his entire life. How sad that his parents can’t even understand that in mind.

Like usual, he would walked to school (instead of asking his parents to fetch him up) and even though they hired a driver to drive him to school. But more than ever, he preferred to walk.

As he reached to the school gate, he saw two prefects stood inside the closing gate; looking at him with amazement.

“Wow, you seem to come quite ‘early’ again today aren’t you?”

Yongguk rolled his eyes at the sarcasm and sighed, “Just open the gate, Youngjae.”

“We really thought you would skip school again today, Yongguk-hyung. It’s quite amusing to see you come even though it’s almost an hour passed of school period,” another guy named Daehyun on his tag name smiled at him.

“For goodness sake, just let me in you bastards! Don’t make me lose my patient, you hear me? I warned you…” Yongguk glared at the prefects even though they’re actually his juniors.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and sighed, “Fine.” He pulled the gates opened, letting the grunted man went inside. Yongguk walked away, not caring to thank them for letting him passed and continue his way to his class. Youngjae and Daehyun looked from the back and shook their heads.

“He can never change, weren’t he?” Daehyun sighed lightly and help closed the gate behind. “Well, that’s Yongguk for you. Come, let’s go to the council unit before went to our class,” Youngjae said.

 


 

“Choi Junhong!” The sleepy boy snapped from his daydreaming as he heard a loud smack of rattan on his table and looked at the angry old man in front him. He quickly stood up and bowed for non-stop. “I’m sorry, sir!”

“This is the 3rd time you have fall asleep during my class! Do you realize how much trouble you will have if you keep doing this? Goodness sake, what were you doing last night, haish….”

The poor guy looked down guiltily, tried to hide his face from embarrassment for his own action as the other students in the class started to laugh at him.

“Tsk tsk….Meet me after the class, I need to discuss with you further about your sleeping behavior problem. Class is dismissed,” the teacher said firmly as he turned away and took his book on the desk in front before walked away.

As the old man gone, the class started to become noise as the students started to talk among themselves; probably laughing behind his back.

“Don’t worry, Zelo. You’re just tired so I think it’s alright to suddenly dozed off….not to mention his class was quite boring, but the home works that he gave was also quite tough too. So, don’t take it too seriously okay?” Jongup, his best friend, patted his back.

“Thanks for the support, hyung. That’s very nice of you to say that but I still think it’s my fault for not getting an enough sleep last night….” Zelo sighed.

“Practice again?” Jongup guessed since he knows that the younger loves to dance and practice his rapping skills whenever he felt like to. Zelo nodded reluctantly and looked down again.

The older patted his back again, “That’s okay. I understand. Sometimes, when you get too stressed up with studies you’ll end up doing something else and start to lose focus. So I pretty much understand how it feels at your state.”

“Thanks, hyung. I really appreciate it….” Zelo smiled in relief. Choi Junhong or Zelo was a new freshman in the school. For some reason, he ends up studying a year earlier than his usual age kids do in that school which is why he have to studying with the other students a year older than him and because of that, people started to feel jealous at him and making fun of him for who he was.

As a youngest student in the class, he felt lonely and discriminate by others. Luckily, he had Jongup who always have been a supportive friend towards him and also a friend who always cheer him up whenever he felt sad and distressful.

Despite being the youngest not just in class but also in the family, he always being bullied for his innocence and always being scolded for his small mistakes. However, he preferred to stay at home with his family because he can still be loved but in this school, the chances are less than five percent itself….or maybe one.

Even though he managed to study earlier than any usual kid does, he still has the mind of a child.

“It’s recess time; do you want me to accompany you?”

“No, it’s okay. I only trouble you if you do that. I don’t think it will take a long time too, I suppose.”

“In that case, I’ll see you in the canteen then.”

“Okay, see you…” Zelo smiled cutely before walked away.

 


 

Like usual, during the recess, Yongguk would sleep at the rooftop of the school building instead of joining the students at the canteen. Just like Zelo, he also being out casted by others despite his bad behavior.

“Tsk tsk tsk….seriously? You could need some meat for that body instead of sleeps at this moment….”

Yongguk opened his eyes and glanced at the owner of the voice. It was Youngjae and Daehyun again. He closed his eyes again and continued with his sleeps, ignoring them.

Slowly, the couple reached him and sat beside him as they unpacked their foods that they had bought from the canteen and starts to eat it. Even though Yongguk hates being involved with the people in school, ironically, out of all the friends he can make these two was the only one that managed to stay with him for quite long.

Others might just leave him behind but them? Well, they’re different. They don’t care about how arrogant and disrespectful he was towards them but more to his surprise, they seems to like hanging out with him more than with any other kids in their age. Who would actually think that respectful school prefects like them were his only two best friends in that school?

“Daehyun-ah, don’t eat them all! Leave some for Yongguk, will you? He needs food too….” Youngjae didn’t care less about directing the elder with respectful words.

“But, but….he seems like he’s not hungry…” Daehyun pouted.

Yongguk sighed as he got up and set himself into sitting position. He looked at the two beside him, wondered when will he managed to get his sleeps in peace before turning his sight to the sky.

“Yongguk-ah….is something wrong? You looked pretty down lately,” Youngjae said in concern.

“Nothing….even if there is, it probably none of your business either….” He sighed deeply again and looked blankly at the plastic bag filled with some buns and breads that they brought with them.

These kids even want to share their foods with him. Why would someone want to be so kind towards him?

“Why would you want to stay with me anyway? I’m not a good friend neither a good senior to you guys….I’m useless. Didn’t you guys have someone better to hang out with?”

The statement made both stopped and turned at him blankly (except for Daehyun who kept munching down his food). “So….is that what really turns you down so suddenly, hyung? Hahaha….” Youngjae chuckled.

“I’m serious….” Yongguk sent a dead glare at the younger.

“You know, we always thought you’re different than others and somehow, that really attracts us about you….” Youngjae said bluntly.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, truthfully, we liked you because you’re strong, hyung. Even though you have some family problems and bad issues with other people, but you seems like you didn’t care about it. We’re kinda admired you for that, hyung,” Daehyun talked in his food.

The thought of having these two can sometimes make him laugh – they’re just being too honest to be true. This is why he can’t leave these both either even when he needs too.

“Say…Is this cake for me? Looks delicious….”

“No, hyung! That’s mine! Give it back!” Daehyun widened his eyes when Yongguk suddenly snatched his cheese cake that he hides behind him.

“You want it? Come and get it….” Yongguk started to protest the younger and ran around the rooftop childishly while Daehyun chased him from behind. Youngjae laughed hardly at the scene before him and shook his head at the two as he continued enjoying his food.

 


 

“Zelo-ah, what’s that?”

Zelo turned to see Jongup looking at him oddly. “Ohh, the teacher said I should encounter more school works in punishments for sleeping during his class time so he gave all of these books for exercises….”

“With this many?” Jongup pointed at the piles of book that Zelo was carrying as they walked on the hallway. “That’s too much, man! He shouldn’t do that to you, especially not to someone new to this school!”

“It’s alright, hyung. I don’t mind. I think I should deserve this since I’m being a bad student towards him….” Zelo smiled reluctantly.

“Here, let me help you carry with some of that…” Jongup offered some help.

“No, no, that’s okay! I got this, hyung…” Zelo refused as he walked without looking in front and accidentally bumped into someone. Both fell down miserably as the books merely scattered around them. Zelo whined in pain while the other growled in agony.

“YAH! ARE YOU BLIND?! WHERE THE HECK IS YOUR EYES, DAMN IT!” Yongguk grumbled and massaged his head annoyingly.

 


Since I can't sleep (waiting for my exam tomorrow) I managed to resume this chapter and finished it in the end. Yay ! Comments are loved ~ 

Thanks for reading ! Next chapter will coming soon !