Past

After letting go, you learned to hold on

A.N.:  Please do understand that I am only but a newbie or a noob into this fanfiction writing gig.  Hehe.  But I do kept many of my stories and only my bestfriend or I would read it.  English is not my first language but I do try.  Help me correct myself if ever I go past a mistake that I was not able to rectify.  Thank you!   :)

 

 


 

 

 

Almost everything has its own beginning. 

A start as they say but notice how I used "almost" in the sentence?  It's because I believe that there are some things for unknown reasons that would blossom on their own.  Reasons that is beyond the logical human comprehension.


Year 2008


AMBER'S P.O.V.


There she was.  When she went past my way like a stranger her scent was undeniably too recognizable for me to tell myself that it was not her.

It has been months since we last met.

Even from afar I could hear her giggling and laughing with her new set of friends.

Who  is she?

Her name is...






Suzy Bae.

She is or maybe was my best friend slash high school crush.  Right now, she hardly even talks to me.  But I still kept on wishing she would give me the time of the day for her to understand and let me explain myself.

Why did I not try hard before?  Please believe me I did that already.

However I could not push things my way all the time.  The vacation following my sophomore year at college ended and so did the time to be spent here in my hometown.  After putting some luggage into the trunk of my parent's car, I sighed remembering everything and went back inside the house to get the rest of my things.

Today I will be going back to the dorm and move back to reality.

What happened between Suzy and me?  High school graduation went and days followed then she thought I would be among those kind of people who'd forget their friends in high school.  If she only knew that I could never do that.  It was hard but we both had to go our separate paths for the careers each of us had chosen.  It's what people usually do.  

Then an unprecedent thing occurred.  Her grandmother whom  she loved dearly passed away during our freshmen year.  I heard the news too late and my studies kept me from going back home right away so I could say my condolences properly and help out.

Although I was able to go over to their place.  My whole body went cold feet at the moment I set sight on her just from across the street.  She was trying hard to smile while attending to guests.  It made me stand there and observe her until I saw her look my way.  I waved a hand only to slowly drop it and pretend I had some fly in front of me as she pretended not to know me.  To add salt to the wounds, we were neighbors.



But past is past.  Better stop daydreaming about what had happened and proceed with class.  I cannot dwell on such things cause -


WHAT THE?!?!  Did just someone throw a piece of paper to my head?

After adjusting my glasses I frantically looked around to see the culprit giggling to herself.  I mouthed to her while the professor was so busy writing on the board - 'What are you?  An elementary kid??'

She rolled over her eyes and gave a bored out expression.  With a pen she pointed that it was for the person in front.

I shook my head after rolling over my eyes in reply to her. 

That childish person was Sulli Choi my classmate in this minor subject - English Literature.  Unfortunately and fortunately, she is a friend.  She belonged to the bothersome kind.

Ignoring her orders I returned to my notes until she kept on throwing more of those crumpled papers until I poked her friend with a pen to get this over with.  When I sensed that her friend turned around after one or two pokes, I said, "From Sulli," while still immersing myself into note taking.

"Th-thanks," I heard her say.  Well, at least she has manners.

After a few minutes, the attack of crumpled papers returned to try and damage my beautifully messed up hair.  I looked behind me, shot her a glare and mouthed again with a pinch of anger - 'WHAT?!?!'

Sulli just gave me a smile and asked that I forward another piece of paper to her friend.  This process kept on repeating a few times until the last minute of the subject.  I did not even bother to protest any further.  What's the use?  I cannot argue with Sulli over a petty thing.



But I think I should try to bring a helmet next time.



KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.


What the hell is Sulli doing??

It's amazing that the victim of her child's play seemed unbothered.  Also, how our lit. professor does not even care to notice that there is a mountain of crumpled sheets on the floor.

But every time I turn and try to see her face, she would either be busy taking notes or other things.

I do not care much about it until -

our fingers touched.