Bait for Babysitters

My Coaches Are Former Gangsters?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credit for the poster goes to the Sugary Delights Graphic Cafe~ :)

"You really know nothing about guys, do you?"

"Shut up." I pouted, fixing the tray of trinkets for the umpteenth time that week. I knew I shouldn't have told that dork about what happened...

Yoseob slung his arms around me from behind, nearly knocking me over. "Aw, don't be that way, Soonie~"

"Yah! Cut it out! I'm trying to sort these trays!"

"Don't be such a spoil sport! Guys don't like it when girls are kill joys, ya kn-- OW!"

I smirked at the sound of Yoseob groaning in pain and continued with my job. "And I do know something about guys, thank you very much."

"Did you have to elbow me? Gosh, your elbows hurt..."

"Oh, it up, you big baby. I didn't even hit you that hard."

Yoseob scoffed. "Yeah you did! I bet there's a bruise already forming and everything!"

"Then you're just sensitive."

"Nuh uh!" He whined in response.

"Yoseob-ssi, quit bothering Soon Bok-ssi and get back to work!"

Our manager scowled, hands on her hips and voice reprimanding. I smirked while Yoseob pouted, but adhered to Woo Ri's command, muttering about ist managers. I nearly burst into a fit of laughter at the nine-teen-year-old's face when Woo Ri asked if he had anything to say. He quickly shook his head and innocently gazed back at the manager who continued to glare at him as she walked away. Once she left, I allowed my laughter to be released, clutching my stomach.

"Your face... Your face!"

"Shut up." Yoseob crossed his arms and pouted, turning away from me. I wrapped my arms around his waist since he was much too tall for me to get my arms around his shoulders, and began to mimic his whine.

"Aw, don't be that way, Yoseobie~!"

The blonde attempted to twist out of my hold. "Stop trying to be cute so that I won't be upset! It won't work!"

"Why not~?" I asked, using aegyo. It always freaked Yoseob out when I acted cutely because I looked so boyish; the effect was worse today because now I actually looked somewhat like a girl thanks to my hair cut and the make up I had on. It was slightly hurtful, I'll have to admit, but his ridiculous reactions made up for it.

"GAH! Cut it out!"

I laughed, releasing him. This silly guy... "Okay, okay, I'll stop weirding you out with my aegyo. Now let's get back to work, okay?"

Yoseob nodded, eyeing me with suspicion as he went back to his place at the cash register and I went back to my place at the trays. Shaking my head, I continued to reorganize the trays of trinkets and began thinking about what had lead up to the manager's scolding. I had told Yoseob about what happened with Yong Guk, and he had reacted with saying that I didn't know anything about guys. Was it true? Did I really overreact? I mean, maybe I did take it a little too far...

Still, I didn't mean for it to be that way. He didn't know that, though, so maybe that's why Yong Guk reacted the way he did. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Should I maybe apologize, then? Maybe also make it clear that he should try to understand that I have no idea what the Heck I'm doing? Yeah, I'll do that.

"Er, Soon Bok-ah?"

"Hmm?" Yes! I'm done with the trays! I grinned at my work, hands on my hips.

Yoseob cleared his throat, his body language shifting. Before he was rather relaxed, but now he seemed nervous. What was wrong with that silly guy? "Um, I-I don't know how to say this, but..."

My heart skipped a beat at his words, my mind jumping to conclusions. This sounded like it was heading towards a confession... But could it really be? I mean, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself; I only just started to really look like a girl. 

Even if it is a confession, me and Yoseob? That would be extremely weird. And just a little bit gross. So, please, Yoseob, don't confess. Tell me you couldn't help yourself and ate my lunch or something. I would much rather have that.

He shifted about before settling on leaning on the counter in front of me. "He... He misses you."

I tilted my head. "He?"

Yoseob wasn't done, however, and kept on talking. "And he feels terrible about what he told you, really. He wants you back," The blonde paused for a second before realizing how that sounded. "As a friend."

I blinked at him. "Who're you--" My eyes when I realized who 'he' was.

No. Freaking. Way. I would have rather Yoseob confess to me than bring him up.

"I know what he said hurt you, but he misses you a lot, Soon Bok-ah." Yoseob gazed at me with sad eyes. "Can't you forgive him and move on?"

My heart wrenched painfully and I clenched my fists. "It's not that I have anything against him or anything..."

"I don't see you as a girl."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter