A Misunderstanding and Old Friends

My Coaches Are Former Gangsters?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credit for the poster goes to the Sugary Delights Graphic

Yongguk had told Auntie everything.

I was sitting on the couch sandwiched between Daehyun and Zelo, the younger of the two noticeably tense and uncomfortable. It worried me. I mean, yeah, I was scared of how my aunt might react and so was everyone else, but Zelo seemed to be the most nervous out of us all. He'd been like that since dinner, and even when I attempted aegyo to get him to smile, he wouldn't offer anything more than a shaky smile that lasted for about two seconds. The maknae was seriously starting to worry me.

My attention turned from Zelo to my aunt when she suddenly stood up from the armchair she had been sitting on, her expression unreadable. Biting my lip so hard I could taste copper, I dropped my gaze to the floor. Please don't say it... Please don't make me leave them.

"Soon Bok-ah," My aunt's voice sounded surprised. "Did you say what I think you just said?"

I looked up at my aunt, my brow furrowed. "Say what?"

"You thought out loud again, Noona."

My cheeks reddened, Jongup smiling widely at my reaction. "Oh."

"You know that being around them puts you in danger, right? SHINee might try to use you against BAP. You could get hurt, maybe even killed. Have you even thought about this?"

"Honestly, not really. I know I might be in danger, but," I dropped my gaze, intimidated by my aunt's serious demeanor. "I haven't even considered the different outcomes."

"Then--"

"But," I cut Auntie off, surprising both myself and her. "I have total confidence that I won't get hurt. I'll be okay."

She sighed, her bangs covering her eyes when she bowed her head. "How can you be sure of that?"

I blinked at her. "Well... Have you seen these guys in a fight?" I gestured to the six blondes sitting in the room and grinned. "I don't think it's possible for me to get hurt with them around."

"Your neck..."

I shook my head at her response, gaining some of my confidence back. "Wasn't their fault. It was my fault because I fought against one of those jerks that kidnapped me. I mean, it wasn't probably the best idea to bite that guy..."

I heard what suspiciously sounded like a laugh come from Daehyun who quickly hid his mouth with his hand.

My aunt bit her own lip. "It makes me feel really uneasy to let you stay here, Soon Bok. I trust the boys, but still... This is serious stuff we're dealing with." She paused as if to prepare herself for her next sentence. Please, don't say it, Auntie. "I think it's best if you move back in with me for the time being."

I couldn't just let this happen. "But--"

"I feel the same way."

My eyes swerved over to Yongguk. "What?"

"It isn't safe for you here. SHINee probably knows where we live if they know where you work. Even though I would like to believe that we could protect you," The leader dropped his gaze to the floor. "There could be a time when we can't. That won't happen if you go back with your aunt, though."

"You don't know that!" I argued, refusing to accept what was going on around me. "How do you know they haven't been thorough enough to check out my past?"

"You would still be safer separated from us than close to us." He stated, crossing his arms.

"Does that even make sense?"

"If they think we don't care about you anymore, yeah, it does."

My hands clutched the hems of my shorts tightly. I couldn't believe this was happening. "So you're saying until this whole thing is over, I can't be around you guys? I can't even just hang out with you?"

He wouldn't answer me, and instead turned to my aunt. "If you want we can start packing her stuff up today and --"

"Don't you dare start ignoring me, Bang Yongguk," My voice was wavering. "I want to know if this means I have to act like there's nothing between us anymore."

My aunt had a devilish smirk on her face now. "Nothing between you anymore? That sounds a lot like--"

"Yes. It does."

My chest felt like someone had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter