So BEAST, So Confused

My Coaches Are Former Gangsters?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credit for the poster goes to the Sugary Delights Graphic Cafe

Doojoon raised an eyebrow at Yongguk's almost automatic response. "Well, that was unusually easy."

The blonde rapper shrugged. "Why keep a title that we don't even want, much less need?"

"Well, when you put it that way," The leader of BEAST took a quick glance around the kitchen for the first time. "Nice place, by the way."

"Thanks."

An awkward silence passed between the three members of BAP and the five members of BEAST, neither party really knowing what to do now. Himchan nudged Jongup and sent him to get the other boys, though he wasn't to tell Soon Bok about the visitors. The teen was quick about his job and had Youngjae and Zelo in the kitchen within the next few minutes, but Daehyun was nowhere to be found. Himchan gave the boy a questioning look, but he just shrugged.

"Aren't there six of you?" The redhead of the group, Hyunseung, spoke up from where he was leaning against the countertop.

Yongguk nodded and turned to Jongup. "Why isn't Daehyun out here?"

"He wasn't in his room." Jongup stated, shifting uncomfortably now that nine pairs of eyes were set on him.

"That girl you're supposed to be taking care of," Doojoon began, pausing for a moment as if trying to remember something. "You know, I don't think I was ever told her name. Anyways, is it possible he might be in her room?"

Yongguk didn't even question how he knew that Soon Bok lived with them and instead just accepted it and gave a noise in confirmation. "He wouldn't just leave without letting us know, so it's the only place. I'll--"

"Is it alright if I go get him?"

Everyone turned their attention to Kikwang, multiple eyebrows raising. The twenty-two-year-old smiled good-naturedly and scratched the back of his sandy blonde head.

"What? It's been a while since I've seen him. Can't I miss an old friend?"

"Still," Yongguk looked back towards the hallway that led to the bedrooms. "We would like to keep her in the dark about the situation as much as possible."

"It's probably for the best." Doojoon commented. "The more she knows, the more danger she's in."

Yongguk nodded in agreement. "I'll go get Daehyun, so if there's anything you want to talk about, just tell Himchan."

The man left and the awkward silence returned. Himchan cleared his throat and put a friendly smile on his face, stepping forward a little towards Doojoon.

"So... What are these resources you're talking about?"

~FromB2STToSoonBok~

"...And it isn't even that I'm upset he's sending me away, I guess. I mean, I am upset, but I get it; I'm in danger if I'm around you guys and everyone is worried about that. It's just," I sighed, hugging my knees and laying my cheek on top of them. "What upsets me is that he doesn't even seem the slightest bit sad. I know we haven't known each other for a long time, but I still thought we were pretty close. I'm still going to miss all of you because I consider you close friends, but Yongguk doesn't seem to care that it could be months before we can see each other again."

Daehyun sat to my left, both of us on the floor and leaning against my bed. He had been very attentive even though I was sure he didn't want to hear me complain, and I was very thankful for that. Usually Zelo would listen to my rants about whatever it was that was bugging me, but I couldn't exactly bother him with my problems and have a clear concious about it when he was still hurt. I was very lucky to have Daehyun there to hear me out and act as my shoulder to lean on.

I turned my head to face the blonde. "You're going to miss me, right? I'm not weird for feeling the way I do?"

He still had the mask on, but the way his eyes curved upwards told me he was smiling again. "You're not weird."

I smiled for a second before pouting and playfully scowling at him. "But you didn't say you'd miss me. Jerk."

"I will miss you."

Expecting a joking response, I was taken aback at first by his reply. Daehyun looked completely serious, his eyes holding a softness that I was unfamiliar with. I felt my cheeks begin to redden the longer he stared at me, and I quickly turned my face away from him and coughed, trying to get the weird feeling in my chest to go away. The blonde let out a quiet laugh, reaching over to ruffle my hair, but I swatted his hand away, making a face.

"Why does everyone feel the need to ruffle my hair? I'm not a little kid..."

"But you look like one."

"Yah!"

He just continued to laugh at my expense while I fumed silently, though I wasn't really angry. Honestly, I'm so used to being mistaken for a kid that I'm not bothered by it anymore, so I guess you could say I was putting on a show. Acting this way was a good distraction from today's events.

"I mean, I'm a grown woman!" I flicked my short locks to the side as if to emphasize my statement, which just seemed to amuse Daehyun more. "I may be small, but I still have the body and mindset of a woman!"

The nineteen-year-old raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I looked over at him, feeling slightly indignant. "I have curves!"

"I never said you didn't, Soon Bok-ah. And how do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter