Happy Birthday, I love you.

A Series of Daragon Drabbles.

 

Dara looked outside her apartment window, and sighed.

“Please come...” Dara spoke softly and got to her feet, glancing at the window once more, hoping he’d be there.

She walked to the kitchen and set the table accordingly. Today was a special day, and she wanted them both to remember it for the rest of their lives.

Jiyong was a busy guy, he’d always be out; him and Dara only talked for a couple of minutes a week. Dara felt that she should be patient with Jiyong, she didn’t want him to believe that she is “clingy girlfriend” type.

-

She waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Until night’s shadow awoken her from her waiting.

She sighed and looked at the clock; 10:45pm it read. She bowed her head low and let her single tear fall from her eye. Dara stood up, and blew out the single melting candle.

Happy birthday to me...” Her voice trembled as she forced herself not to cry.

Dara stood up lazily, dragging her feet to bed, not bothering to shower. She just wanted to go to bed and cry herself to sleep.

“What were you expecting, Dara? After one week of no texts or calls. What can you expect?” Dara groaned and flopped herself on the bed, “All I wanted was for him to come and say happy birthday. I just want him to be here... Is that too much to ask?”

Dara screamed in frustration and cried and cried until she had no tears left.  She didn’t care how long time passed and fell asleep on her bed.

-

2:30am, Jiyong’s watch read.

 He ran to Dara’s apartment with a bouquet of flowers, chocolate cupcakes, and the earmuffs she wanted from 3 months ago.

“I’m not messing this up for anyone, I’m coming baby.”

Jiyong practically burst through the door and the living room light; he heard soft sobs from her bedroom and ran. He opened the door to find Dara crying in her sleep, mumbling his name softly like a chant.  He put the gifts on the night stand and walked over to her.

He slipped in next to her and hugged her tight; she immediately relaxed, taking in his warmth. Jiyong kissed her forehead and smiles softly at Dara.

“Happy birthday, my love.”

=

tumblr_lz6et7lREy1qbpowfo7_r1_250.gif

Look at him. He's a five year old, I swear. 

Thanks to the new subbies. I ♥ you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARA! Whoo!