Something went so terribly wrong

Professional Assassins

JR's POV

Everything I saw was blood. My blood. I was laying on the ground with blood all around. We were supposed to kill the CEO of the famous Jung Corp. Jung Yunho. But somewhere during the mission, something went wrong. So terribly wrong...

1 hour before...

I was standing outside Jung Corp. With the others in the earpiece. I took a deep breath and walked in. I knew Minhyun and Aron was standing on two of he rooftops and Baekho was dressed as a cleaner. And as always, Ren was standing in his room with his technology and all the information we will need. I have been in the Jung Corp. building many times before this mission started and I knew where to go to find the CEO. I was dressed as one of his clients and pretended to have an appointment with him. There where guards everywhere with guns and black suits. They were standing outside every door, at least one, sometimes two, and outside the elevators. I walked into the first elevator and contacted Ren.

"Ren? Is he moving?"

"Negative. He's still on the twenty fourth floor, second door to the left."

I heard him reply through the earpiece. I pushed the button to the twenty fourth floor and went up. 

Just before the doors opened I secured my gun. I took it in my hands and the doors opened. I was greeted by Baekho who gave me a piece of paper. I opened it and followed the instructions. 

1. Kill the two bodyguards that stands outside his room.

2. Kill the CEO

3. Get out of there. Alive

I went up the guards and just stood there looking at them. They didn't pay attention to me, which didn't make easier. But when I went up to the door, both of stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going kid!?"

"Mr Jung is busy..."

I just tilted my head, smiled and shot the one who called me kid in the head. When he was finished I turned to the other who took of his sunglasses and out his gun. 

"I wouldn't do that..."

I said without looking at him. He put the gun the to my left temple and I put mine to his heart. He locked eyes with me and took away my gun from his heart and bended it out of my grasp. But at the same second I took out my other, spare gun and he was done. 

"Shouldn't the guards know how to protect their boss!?"

I asked myself, but then I heard Ren again. It's just, this time, he was a bit panicked.

"JR! You have two choices! Get out of there, or kill Yunho right now! There is a hidden passage in his room!"

"What are you talking about!?"

"More are coming, and your alone!"

"Where's Baekho!?"

"He were never supposed to stay at this floor after you got up!"

"But is he still in his room or in the passage!?

"His room! Be careful!"

I walked with steady steps through the door, and there he was. But...

"Welcome JR."

"You know me?"

He got up and put the gun to my temples. Great, second gun in less than an hour.

"I know why you're here. But your not the one who's getting to kill today..."

He's smiling at me. Does he really think he can kill me!?

"Go on. You got a gun too, right!?"

I looked at my gun and felt another pointed to my shoulder. The others where here. Now, I could never win. Sure, I never lost my missions, but at all the others, the victim didn't know me, and he definitely didn't have a gun. They were easy to kill but this one... 

"I'll tell you what kid..."

Kid. How I hated that word. 

He got closer and closer to my ear and whispered:

"...This time, I won..."


It's maybe a bit short, I don't know...

But tell me what you think and what you want to happen in the next chapter, and I'll see what I can do :)

Comments and subscribers are appreciated