Closer than close friends

The Legend of Youngjae
(I just realised that I update damn fast OTL my life is boring OTL OTL OTL)

"I grew up at Busan, and my family and I were very close to each other. One day, I saw my mother throwing an icicle towards a man and the man fell into the sea near our village. My mother hurriedly ran to me and covered my eyes," Daehyun, laughed, happy as he reminisced his happy memories.

"Then the next day I heard then quarreling on whether to pass on the 'art' or not. I crie-" Daehyun said, till he was interrupted by Youngjae. "YOU CRIED?! OMG I CAN'T IMAGINE YOU CRYING, HYUNG! You looked so strong and invulnerable!"

"YAH YAH YAH SHUT UP. Let me continue my story," Daehyun said and noticing that Youngjae was still laughing like a mad man, he poked the blonde's belly and the blonde twitched, shutting his mouth.

"Good. As I was saying, I went out to the sea and sat near the approaching waves. As night time was near and my parents will be worried about me, I stood up and saw something strange. Wherever my hand goes, a little part of the water followed. I got excited and waved my hand around. The water moved left and right and to test more, I swung my arm up and a column of water rose up," Daehyun got excited as explained how he found his bending.

"Just then, my parents were behind and saw everything. Soon, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned back, to see my dad smiling at me. 'You're going to be a prodigy like us too' my dad said," Daehyun recounted and Youngjae listened to him attentively.

"So basically I learnt waterbending from my parents. Till one day, when I was around 12, some bad guys came to our house and my father managed to hide me in the basement. I stayed there and I heard screaming, water splashing and gunshots," Daehyun now slowed down his talking speed, negative emotions flooding him back.

(Daehyun's flashback)

"Sir, we can't find any children of them here," Daehyun heard a man said.

"So, you meant we eliminated one of the last few waterbenders in this area? Wow fantastic. Let's move on to another area," another man said, who Daehyun guessed was the in charge. Daehyun heard car doors slamming and after the sound of engines disappeared, Daehyun slowly opened the hidden door. He walked into the room, seeing some man froze in ice, some pierced by icicles, and some got drowned at the nearby pool they had. Water was dripping everywhere and the room was so wet, Daehyun almost tripped. Suddenly, he saw two familiar bodies lying motionless on the floor, blood spreading out. Daehyun's knees buckled and he knelt in front of his deceased parents.

"Omma? Omma? Omma, I got 80/100 for my Maths. I'm a nice boy right?" Daehyun voice trembled and his salty tears trickled down his soft cheeks. "Omma, come see my result.." Daehyun said to the woman on the floor, and took out a piece of paper out of his pocket. A star was shown beside his marks, indicating best improvement. Daehyun then stood back up, walking to the man lying on the floor, hair wet with water and blood.

"Appa, Omma didn't reply me. I shall show you mine too," Daehyun whispered, still sobbing. He shoved his results slip under his father's hands, which rested on his bloodied chest.

"APPA! WAKE UP! OMMA WAKE UP! Both of you... Said that you all want to see me become a prodigy.... OMMA, APPA!" Daehyun yelled, his eyes scrunched, oozing with tears. "Omma..Appa.."

Daehyun sat at one corner of the room, staring at his dead parents, emotionless, despite still having tears flowing down freely. Suddenly, he heard his house's doorknob opening. Daehyun stood up and pulled out a whip of water from the puddle, ready to strike the next intruder. When he saw a familiar face, he let his guard down and the whip of water splashed back onto the floor.

"Uncle Park!" Daehyun cried, running towards the man coming into their house.

"Daehyunnie, where's omma and ap- oh what the," Uncle Park muttered and hugged the boy tight.

Uncle Park walked towards the Daehyun's parents and took out his mobile phone.

Soon, he dialled a number and the receiver picked up.

"The Jung Waterbenders are... Unfortunately dead. But their boy is still alive," Uncle Park said sternly on the phone. Daehyun stood there, looking at him.

"Aigoo.. Jinyoung ah! Faster bring the kid here, in case the anti benders came back," the receiver urged and soon, JYP ended the call and brought Daehyun into his car.

"UNCLE PARK! OMMA, APPA!" Daehyun yelled hysterically as he went crazy at the back seat, wanting to get out.

"Aigoo. Daehyun ah, we can't move your parents! I will send some people to collect and bring to the shelter ok?" JYP assured the boy and the boy reluctantly agreed.

(Back to present)

"Hyung...." Youngjae muttered and his eyes were getting red and watery.

"Youngjae ah, it's ok. It's so long already," Daehyun said. "Thanks, Youngjae. Aish. Are you crying??"

"N-no! I'm not.." Youngjae replied messily as he wiped his own tears away. "Who's Uncle Park anyway?" Youngjae asked.

"He's the co-founder of the shelter. He's now 'touring', trying to find other benders," Daehyun replied.

"What bender is he?"

"He's an Airbender. He loves peace.. So yeah. His bending fits his personality,"

"Ohhhh. I see," Youngjae said and there was an awkward silence.

"Babo.. So.. Let me hear your story?" Daehyun pleaded, moving himself closer to the sitting blonde. With every step closer, Youngjae's breath quickened.

"Fine fine fine. I grew up being extremely protected and my parents don't really like me socialising with people. And I don't really have much friends.." Youngjae pouted and dazed at the tiles on the floor.

"Why don't they like you socialising with other people?" Daehyun asked.

"I don't know why. But now, I think they were trying to keep me safe," Youngjae answered.

"That's a pity. Given your personality, you will make a lot of friends and have suitors!" Daehyun exclaimed, trying to cheer him up!

"I got outcasted by everyone except for Jaebum who was a nerd too and it felt horrible," Youngjae whined. "So how can I have friends? Not to mention suitors?"

"Well, we are your friends! And moreover, you can't make friends because you are not allowed to socialise. Your personality is so outgoing and fun," Daehyun replied, before continuing. "You look wonderful too."

"Th-thanks. You too," Youngjae smiled sweetly, while blushing. Daehyun chuckled and he couldn't help but to not look at the perfect blonde.

"Do you think we are close friends now?" Daehyun asked, looking at the blonde eagerly.

"Cl-close friends? You sure? You might not handle it.." Youngjae replied, pouting his lips.

"I'll take it as a challenge then! Yeap I'm sure! By the way, close friends have nicknames!" Daehyun said enthusiastically, arms flying forward.

Youngjae felt like flying away with a magical unicorn, eating skittles and swim in exploding hearts. He's elated. Finally, he have a close friend. No. Even though he's 'close' to Jaebum, he don't talk about his problems. He rarely talked to him unless it caught his attention. He don't tickle with each other. And Jaebum abandoned him sometimes to hang out with other nerds.

This type of close friends, with Daehyun, Youngjae liked it. "Nicknames? Hmm. Hyung! I'll call you Dae, you can call me Jae!" Youngjae smiled cheerfully at Daehyun.

"HAHAHA. Why are you so excited? Hmm. Take out your hand," Daehyun said. Youngjae obeyed him and took out his hand. Soon, Daehyun shook his hand and said, "DaeJae is formed!"

Both of them admitted ; their hearts were pumping excitedly and they know for sure, they fell for each other. Maybe, they are more than just 'close friends'.

**Conpleted this within an hour. Sorry if it's crappy. I apologize! Ok I will be offline for a day OTL mianhae~