The Secret

The Modest Dancer
 

 

“Dude, where’s Tessa?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk as he arrived at school.
 
Eunhyuk glared at Donghae right after he asked his question, “She’s home sick today”
 
“Aww…” Donghae pouted.
 
“Why are you so down? She’ll get better in a day or two, it’s not anything fatal” Eunhyuk calmly told him.
 
“I know… it’s just weird to me how you didn’t walk in with Tessa” Donghae sheepishly replied.
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes slightly in a playful manner, “Let’s just get to class… I really don’t want to be doing another week’s worth of extra credit”
 
Donghae nodded and they started walking to their first class. Sometimes while the teacher isn’t looking, Eunhyuk would send a text to Changmin and asked how Tessa was.
 
During 4th hour, Donghae noticed that Eunhyuk was texting someone. “Are you texting Tessa? How sweet of you” he beamed a smile.
 
“No… I’m texting her brother” Eunhyuk replied.
 
“Why are you texting him?” Donghae asked.
 
“I really don’t want Tessa to waste any energy getting up and walking to her phone” Eunhyuk said. Donghae was about to say something but was cut off, “For the record, Tessa keeps her phone on her dresser which is on the opposite side of her bed in her room”
 
“That does make sense… but still” Donghae pouted.
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at him and started to work on his homework. The rest of the day went smooth sailing for them… that is until they walked past a dance room.
 
Eunhyuk glanced through the door and found it was empty. “Seems like the dancer isn’t here today”
 
For some reason, hearing this clicked in Donghae’s mind. “The dancer isn’t here, huh?”
 
“What’s on your mind?” Eunhyuk asked.
 
“I just thought of something… you can call me crazy if you want, but I think the dancer may be Tessa” Donghae said.
 
Eunhyuk started laughing, “That’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard from you”
 
“I’m just saying!” Donghae defended, “But the thing is, I’ve actually talked to her and stood next to her so I may have a better chance of figuring this out than you do”
 
“That may be true but that’s an absurd conclusion” Eunhyuk replied.
 
Donghae seemed disappointed that Eunhyuk reacted that way. “You pay attention to her actions and yet, you don’t act upon them yourself” he muttered.
 
“What was that?” Eunhyuk asked since he didn’t hear him clearly.
 
Donghae shook his head, “It’s nothing”
 
‘I feel like I’m missing something painfully obvious’  Eunhyuk thought as he and Donghae left the school.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
The next day, Eunhyuk seemed to have forgotten what Donghae had told him yesterday. Tessa seemed to notice his extremely strange, happy-go-lucky energy and was pretty weireded out by it.
 
“Are you okay?” Tessa asked.
 
“I’m fine” Eunhyuk smiled. “But what about you? Are you feeling better?”
 
“I feel better than I did yesterday” Tessa chuckled softly.
 
“That’s good” Eunhyuk smiled once again and continued to work on the paper.
 
Tessa seemed a little upset by something, “Hey Hyuk–” she started to speak up but the bell interrupted her.
 
“Let’s talk about it after school today” Eunhyuk told her in hopes to cheer her up a little.
 
Tessa seemed a little disappointed but complied, “Okay…” she quietly replied as they got up and left the classroom.
 
Eunhyuk started to get worried about her. ‘Is she really okay? I don’t know what to do’  he thought as they arrived at the cafeteria.
 
“Hi there! Are you feeling better?” Sunny asked Tessa.
 
Tessa nodded, “Neh, I feel a lot better”
 
“Glad to hear it” Yuri smiled.
 
“So, did anything interesting happen in their day today?” Eunhyuk asked everybody at their table.
 
“Kai almost started a fight in homeroom today” Hyoyeon started out.
 
“What for this time?” Sungmin sarcastically asked.
 
“I think it was something about some girl… at least that’s what I remember” Hyoyeon replied.
 
“I remember something about him saying something about a girl that he likes…” Minho commented.
 
Donghae decided to join in, “He said something about the girl he likes already having a boyfriend. He then followed up with saying something along the lines of ‘I never even got the chance to speak to her’”
 
“It’s always so sad when that happens” Sunny felt a little sympathy and Tessa nodded in agreement.
 
The group just kept talking about random things for the rest of the lunch hour. Although, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but bear the feeling that something may be against him.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Tell me again why you’re dragging me with you?” Donghae complained.
 
“Excuse me?” Eunhyuk scoffed, “I told you, you can come along if you want to. I didn’t force you to come with me”
 
“You got me… why do you want to see the dancer?” Donghae asked.
 
“Just to clear up some questions running in my mind” Eunhyuk replied.
 
“You don’t seem like yourself…” Donghae muttered as he stopped walking with him.
 
“Like I said, you don’t have to come with me” Eunhyuk turned over his shoulder and told Donghae.
 
Donghae didn’t say anything more and just walked away. Eunhyuk just shrugged it off and kept walking to that one dance room.
 
Eunhyuk arrived at the dance room a few moments later. He took a deep breath before carefully opening the door. He watched carefully how the dancer moved with grace and style, perfectly in sync with the music.
 
He was in total awe… until the dancer happened to notice him. The moment she saw Eunhyuk standing at the door, she flinched and slipped on her feet. In the midst of her fall, her hood and hat fell off of her head.
 
Eunhyuk suddenly felt frozen in his place. “T-Tessa?”
 
“Uh… hey, Eunhyuk?” Tessa stuttered, “What are you doing here?”
 
“I was just about to ask you the same thing…” Eunhyuk’s anger seemed to start showing its face.
 
“Listen, I…” Tessa started out but was cut off.
 
“You lied?” Eunhyuk asked, “And you kept a secret from me? How could you?”
 
“If you can let me explain…” Tessa tried speaking up again but was shut down.
 
“This is already explanation enough” Eunhyuk said, his strong voice filling up the room.
 
Hurt was evident in Tessa’s eyes, “If you really think that… then just leave”
 
“I just don’t even know what to think of you after this…” Eunhyuk shook his head and began to leave.
 
Tessa turned her back to him but turned over her shoulder, “Just remember one thing,” she said to get his attention, “You were the one that let me go”
 
With that being said, Tessa went back to dancing and Eunhyuk left her to do so. Eunhyuk never talked to anybody on his way home. Once he got home, he went straight to his room and locked the door.
 

 

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT HIT THAT UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON!!!
 
Ahem, sorry, I felt like being a little dramatic. Eunhyuk finds out who the dancer is and he is greatly disappointed by it. Tessa on the other hand, is extremely hurt but she does have a good point.
 
So, who else thinks Eunhyuk is a big idiot? Don't worry, I think so too. What is going to happen now that Eunhyuk knows the secret?
 
We'll find out next time!
 
Currently listening to: Be Mine - Infinite