Aftermath

The Modest Dancer
 

 

“Haven’t seen you in a while!” Donghae greeted when he saw Eunhyuk trudge through the school.
 
“I stayed home sick the last two days” Eunhyuk bitterly replied.
 
“Then that means you don’t know…” Donghae concluded.
 
Eunhyuk looked at him funny, “What don’t I know?”
 
Before Donghae could explain, Taemin walked up to them. “How come you didn’t tell us Tessa was that mystery dancer?”
 
“Because I didn’t know it was her until a couple days ago” Eunhyuk sighed, “But how do you know?”
 
“She performed for the whole school two days ago” Taemin explained.
 
“That would’ve been the first day he was ‘home sick’” Donghae added.
 
Taemin nodded in understanding, “So what is the deal with you and Tessa? Did you guys break up or something?”
 
Eunhyuk replied to the question by shooting him a glare. “Yep… they broke up alright” Donghae whispered to Taemin.
 
“Can we just not talk about this?” Eunhyuk pleaded.
 
If only that wish were to come true for Eunhyuk because Tessa happened to walk by them with Sehun and Kai with her.
 
“So you’ve been dancing since you were 13?” Sehun asked. Tessa nodded in reply. “It seems like you’ve been dancing your whole life”
 
“Thank you…” Tessa humbly said.
 
“If you’d like, I’d love to dance with you. Like… a dance battle” Kai suggested.
 
“Sounds fun” Tessa smiled.
 
Eunhyuk cringed at the sound of their voices. Donghae seemed worried but had a sudden thought, “You know… she seems more open in the past two days than a week ago”
 
Eunhyuk released a sigh and walked to his first class. He was a walking zombie for most of the day and hearing everybody talk about Tessa doesn’t help much.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
Lunch time finally came around the corner and Eunhyuk was not looking forward to it. He already knew his fate… that everyone is going to scold him into nothingness.
 
Once he sat down, everybody at his table stared at him. He released a sigh, “Go ahead… let me have it”
 
All of them seemed taken aback by this statement, Sungmin then spoke first, “What happened?”
 
“She lied and kept a secret from me. Simple as that” Eunhyuk bluntly answered.
 
Everyone looked at each other with equally confused expressions. “Such a shame” Yuri commented.
 
“They seemed so perfect for each other” Tiffany added.
 
“She did seem like the type to hide a dark secret” Hyoyeon said.
 
Sunny seemed to be contemplating something, “Yeah… but something doesn’t seem right about this whole break-up thing”
 
“I have the same thoughts too, Sunny” Donghae replied to her.
 
“Eunhyuk,” Sunny turned to him now, “Do you truly feel like she betrayed your trust?”
 
“At that moment, I was… but it’s still a little early” Eunhyuk replied and got up to leave the cafeteria.
 
“I’m worried about our monkey…” Eunhyuk heard Sunny say before he completely left the cafeteria.
 
Eunhyuk was in deep thought as he made his way to the roof. On his way there, he ran into Henry. “Hey, Eunhyuk” he greeted.
 
“Hey Henry” Eunhyuk gloomily replied.
 
“What’s wrong?” Henry asked.
 
Eunhyuk released a sigh, “Girl troubles”
 
“Did you break up with her or did she break up with you?” Henry instantaneously asked.
 
“I broke up with her” Eunhyuk muttered.
 
“Then why are you so upset?” Henry asked, “When you break up with the girl, you usually feel like you’re on top of the world”
 
Eunhyuk just shrugged, “Something just feels different”
 
“Well, I’ll just let you be” Henry was being courteous and leaving him be.
 
Eunhyuk was now left alone as he got to the roof. He just sat down and watched the clouds go by as he entered his train of thought. “I need to get this figured out… why the hell does my heart hurt so much?”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
After Eunhyuk arrived home, Sora sat him down and made him tell everything that he was feeling. Eunhyuk spilled his heart out to Sora and she took mental notes on what the situation might be.
 
“I think I know what might be your problem” Sora smirked.
 
“What?” Eunhyuk was unusually curious.
 
Sora then smacked Eunhyuk upside the head and a loud thud sound was audible. “You’re an idiot”
 
“Oww… that hurt you know!” Eunhyuk yelled.
 
“You deserved it!!” Sora yelled back. Eunhyuk shrunk in his seat and let Sora continue, “Do you have a brain at all? You didn’t even let her explain!!”
 
“She doesn’t need to! I understand completely!” Eunhyuk stood up for himself.
 
“If you understood, you wouldn’t be broken up right now!!” Sora argued.
 
Eunhyuk wanted to keep arguing, but realized Sora had a point. He got up to go to his room but Sora said something that made him think twice.
 
“Have you really been paying attention to her, Hyukjae?”
 

 

Hmm, has Eunhyuk been paying attention to Tessa?
 
Well, we find out that after Eunhyuk found out that Tessa was the dancer, Tessa went ahead and revealed her secret to the whole school. I bet Eunhyuk is feeling really crappy about this now. What do you think?
 
Don't worry, there will be more plot action in the next few chapters. But you'll have to wait until then!
 
Currently listening to: A Short Journey - Super Junior