Three | Hyuna

A Reason To Love You (On-Hold)

 

     I had been in the infirmary for about an hour already and my hot temperature had not gone down to the brink yet. My eyes averted to the side to see L. Joe had his head down and I took that as a sign that he was sleeping.

Then I felt my left hand heavy so I looked to see what it was only to find my hands tightly knotted with L. Joe's. I felt myself soften at his touch.

Then I saw the clock at the corner of my eyes reading 4:50 PM my eyes widened in shock as I sat up straight. “L. Joe... L. Joe...” I whispered while gently but effectively shook him to wake him up.

Is it morning already?” he groaned.

No dear, school's not yet over though.” L. Joe sighed as he sat up straight to look at me.

Are you fine now?” he asked as he took out the thermometer at the side table.

Hopefully.” I answered while taking off the damp towel on my forehead.

Come closer.” I did what he told me and felt myself blushing when our nose touched. He didn't seem to mind it as his cat-like eyes watched the thermometer. “I'm not really sure how to use this but I'll be guessing that this is supposed to be in your mouth, am I correct?” I nodded.

L. Joe smiled as he placed the thermometer inside my mouth “I wonder what made you get a fever.” he said. “Next time, don't go doing things that will give you a fever.” he said.

I'll keep that in mind then.” I winked while L. Joe sighed.

His eyebrows arched upward as he moved closer to me. “Noona, is there something bothering you?” he asked as he tugged my side bangs to the side. “You can tell me about it.” he said.

I guess I do have something bothering me lately.” I confessed, letting out a sigh afterwards.

And what is it?” his voice was full of worry and that made me doubt what I thought of a while back.

I was just wondering... How did you and--” I was interrupted when Niel and CAP entered the room with plastic full of chips and water.

We're back!” CAP set out the plastic on the side table and sat beside L. Joe while Niel leaned on the wall next to my bed.

There were a lot of middle school students at the store so we kind of took a lot of time plus we don't know what Julhee-yah wants.” CAP explained.

L. Joe chuckled, “I guess that makes a lot of sense.” while he was talking I noticed Niel staring at me intently but I shook it off immediately.

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door followed by loud clacking of the heels. “Enter.” just as soon L. Joe answered, the door swung open with an unhappy Hyuna entering.

What the hell? I've been waiting at the recording for about an hour already! What's taking so long?!” she yelled then her eyes averted to L. Joe with his hands tightly enclosed to mine.

Oh.” she managed to blurt out as she bit her lower lip and dark aura surrounded her. “I see. You're here flirting while I'm worried there wondering if we could finish our recording.” she said a little too harshly. “And then I thought you were busy with the schedules or something.” she crossed out her arms in anger.

Hyuna, we could explain.” CAP tried but Hyuna put her hands up to her face.

I wouldn't want to hear it!” she snapped her fingers together and CL quickly went to her side. “This is preposterous! I can't believe you of all people would ditch practice for just... Just that peasant!” Hyuna hissed darkly.

HEY! Watch your mouth Hyuna.” L. Joe glared at her.

Oh please. Like that would scare me.” she rolled her eyes at that and quickly turned away to leave.

Wait Hyuna.” I managed to say when she stopped moving then as graceful as a swan could do, she looked back at me.

Could you please get them off the bait? This is all my fault.” she chuckled before strutting down the hall. “Good to know that you take that well.” I was rather confused with what she had said but didn't mind it.

Niel, CAP and L. Joe sighed in defeat as they shook their hands slightly.

“That's Hyuna for you.”