One | Hello Stranger

A Reason To Love You (On-Hold)

 

     There's this annoying guy down the street that I often meet up in the bus station, he always wore unfashionable clothes (in my opinion) but still gets to have half of the girls' population swoon over him. What really irked me was the way he would smile politely at me despite my insecurity towards him.

One day, when I was on my way towards the bus stop; he stopped me on my tracks by holding up his right hand against my face. He quickly showed off his smile then placed his hands on the sides of the bag's straps muttering a sweet good morning to me before facing to the other direction.

I was about to pass him when he held my hands softly and pulled me into a tight hug. That made me really shock because I don't let any guy besides my boyfriend, hug me.

Then and there, in a soft voice, he said "Hey Jaerin, I missed you."
 



“Julhee! What's up girl?!” I heard some of my friends call out to me, “I heard you got umm...” I turned around to face Sulli, my bestfriend while Krystal, Luna, Victoria and Amber surrounded us.
 

“Continue.” I told her nonchalantly with that awkward expression as I recall the past event that happened a while back, which was really wierd.


'Do you know Kim Myungsoo?” she asked, grinning like a cheshire cat for all I know.


“No, I guess I don't.”


She pouted at my answer. “Oh come on! Half of the school's population are talking about you two!” I gave her that questioning glare and turned towards Amber, who was probably awkward with our conversation since she's out of place.


“What is Sulli talking about?” I asked.


“Myungsoo hugged you.” was the only answer I got from her before she turned back to reading a novel that Luna gladly shared to her during Physics class yesterday.


“Myungsoo hugged me?!” I asked, my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets with what I heard. Don't tell me its that guy who they are talking about right now!


“Yes, Kim Myungsoo!” Sulli clasped both of her hands together “You know? The new guy?” she smiled, giving Luna a smile and vice versa.


“The guy who I often met at the bus stop?” I asked.


“Exactly.”


“But that guy-- and he-- and-- and--” I stopped with my babble when I saw L. Joe passed by the school gate and headed towards our direction.


“Oh, if isn't your boyfriend.” Sulli teased.


“Hush. They'll hear.” I was referring to the group of girls chatting profusely among themselves, talking about the latest fashion discoveries they found in the mall and some hot guys they dreamt about last night. Augh, I wonder how they still get that kind of attention-- Not that I'm an anti or anything! I just can't see the point in it.


“Hey Julhee!” L. Joe smiled, giving me a light kiss on the cheek and later, a hug.


“Hey! Hey! Not in public!” I playfully slapped his shoulder and heard a few snickers emitting from my group of friends' mouth like flattered girls. Oh the irony.


“Ouch.” he backed away, giving me his aegyo look. “Why did you hurt me, yeobo?” I gave him a glare with the endearment he gave me and pretty sure most of my friends were laughing at it.


“Yeobo? Really, is that your endearment?” Sulli teased.


“Of course not!” I blushed “A-anyway, umm... Good Morning!” I greeted as I looked the other way, embarassed of what he called me.


“Awww, she's blushing.” Krystal giggled which earned a few laughs from them.


The laughter slowly died out when I gave them another glare “Anyway, class is about to start so we better get going.” and before they all left, Victoria winked at me and whispered a few words of “Don't do something stupid, a'right?”


I blushed when I heard that and turned my head towards the other direction. “I'll walk you to your room, then.” L. Joe quickly slipped his hand on mine and made our way towards the lockers so we could get our books together.


“I'll be back, okay?” L. Joe leaned in and kissed me in my forehead before leaving me to take my books. I was fixing my things like I always do before classes and that took a few minutes since I forgot to fix it last week before the week ended.


My hand slowly touched the edge of the unknown book, tracing its side and felt like it was familiar. Then, I quickly seized it with my hands and looked at it. There, I saw a black and green striped book with big bold letters saying “Lost Flower”.


However, looking at it made me feel dizzy so I quickly placed it back in my locker and hid it behind my stacks of books so I could prevent myself from seeing it again for a while. I was thinking of handing it to the Lost and Found but I saw my name on it so I kept it, I even had the idea of throwing it in the trash can but when I skimmed through the pages of the book, I thought that reading it on summer vacation was a really good idea.


“Jaerin.” I heard someone mutter as if impossible to be over heard in my back. I quickly closed my locker door to face the person who called out and my eyes widened in shock to see who it was.


“You again?!” I looked around to see if anyone was still here and gladly, there were only a few students who had come late. “Didn't I see you a while ago in the bus stop?” I asked, eyeing him from head to toe. I didn't know he comes to this school!


Err... I think I remembered Sulli saying that Kim Myungsoo was the new guy in school, i just couldn't bring my finger to think if this was true or false. I did heard some rumors about this but I didn't knew who it was, not until she mentioned that it was Kim Myungsoo.


“I probably scared you, didn't I?” he asked, tilting his head to the side and looked apologetically at me.


“I-It's alright.”


“I'm really sorry for hugging you, I thought you were someone I'm familiar with.”


'I do too.' I thought.


“Umm... I'll-- See you later then?” and before I could reply, he walked away. Leaving me confused to what I was supposed to react towards that rude behavior. 'Tch! Didn't even wait for my reply, how rude!' I thought.


“Julhee! Sorry for taking so long.” L. Joe hugged me by my waist and planted a kiss on my forehead. “I didn't made you impatient... Did I?”


“Oh no, no. You didn't” I chuckled as I reached up to his head and ruffled his hair, he only gave me a pout before pinching my cheeks.


'“I wonder what made you look this cute.”


“Obviously, its on my DNA.”


“How conceited, did I say you look beautiful today?” he winked at me.


“Oh so, I only looked beautiful... Today?” I scoffed at that “And you're saying that I look bland and utterly plain the other day... And so is another... Then another... And last--” but before I could continue on with my nonsense, I felt my lips being touched by his lips.


'Did I say, I wasn't expecting that?


“You're so cute when you're angry.” he chuckled.


“I am not angry!”


'“Ri~ght...” he said in a sarcastic way. “Anyway, aren't we planning to go to class now Mrs. Lee?” I felt my cheeks flush when I heard that, how could he joke around now?


“Mrs. Lee?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.


“I'm planning to make you my wife.” he winked, placing his arms on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.


“Lee Byunghun-sshi, this is one hundred percent PDA.” I told him, giving him a sharp look that reminded our school's disciplinarian who was in her 50s.


“Let them see, it doesn't matter anyway. As long as they know you're mine.”


I shuddered at that and slowly took his arm off of me. “Ri~ght... Listen, why don't we go to class now and you know... Umm...” I quickly scrambled on for words when suddenly the bell rang, indicating a 5 minute wait for teachers to pack up and find their assigned classes.


“Let's go.” L. Joe took my hand with force and led me towards the classroom. “Why don't we have lunch together later? Just the two of us?” L. Joe wondered out loud and gave me a goofy grin.


“And give me a reason to why I should accept that offer?”


“Because I'm generally handsome in a way where I could be loyal to my girlfriend?” I laughed at that silly joke and playfully slapped his shoulder. “Oh! Correction, it should be... Where I am loyal to my girlfriend.” he gave emphasis on the words 'am' and 'my'.


“That's silly!” my laugh turned into a giggle “Anyway, I don't really mind going out to lunch with you.” I said “But I am a bit doubtful of your schedule, don't you have an upcoming project?” I asked.


'“Yeah I have but they moved it next week.” he said turning to the next corner with me.


“So, are you saying that you're free this whole week?” my eyes gleamed up at that thought. Finally! I get to spent time with L. Joe without worrying about his projects and busy schedule! I have a lot of things in mind for our little 'bonding' time with one another and a chance to tell the school (not consisting the kingkas and queenkas and some other popular wannabees) that L. Joe is mine.


I'm not being protective, obsessive or overly-clinging type of girlfriend but thinking about L. Joe's rising fame in school, I do want to tell the girls that he's off limits but not to the point that everyone would be so scared of me and trouble L. Joe's fame.


I also do not want to be 'known' using L. Joe's fame but rather the 'girl' who fell in love with him and vice versa.


“Hey! Earth to Julhee! Hey!” L. Joe was waving his arms at me and kept snapping his fingers to give an effect. “Your class is about to start! Hurry up if you don't want to be late.” L. Joe looked really worried.


“Oh! Right! Right! Sorry!” I clasped my hands together before giving him a light peck on the cheeks. “See you later!” and without hearing his reply, I ran inside the classroom, leaving him with wide shocking eyes that would almost bulge out of its sockets.


(Normal POV – Since Julhee's not n the scene)


“Heh.” L. Joe chuckled touching his flushed cheek that Julhee just kissed. “I can't wait.” he to his heel and headed to his classroom, even though he knew he was late, being kissed by the girl he loves just makes it 'worth it'.
 



I groaned in frustration as I dialled the number for the umpteenth time this afternoon “I can't believe he's not yet here!” I sighed, throwing my phone to the side of the table and lied my head down on my crossed out arms lying on the table.


“Maybe his class haven't heard the bell yet?” Sulli asked, trying to give me hope that he'll be coming soon.


“That can't be! Our schedule's just the same with them.” I sighed stretching my stressed out muscles. What could possibly make L. Joe so late? Was he caught sleeping in class and got into detention? No, impossible. If he did, he would text me forehandedly before entering the silent torture room.


Then what could be the cause? Another groan escape my lips as I kicked the nearest pebble on the ground. “Hey! Hey! Don't be such a granny will you? Maybe he's helping a teacher carry her books? Or maybe he's umm...” Sulli stopped talking and looked at me with wide eyes.


“Don't you think that he's cheating?” her voice this time was barely audible and the way she said it looked like she was really doubting it.


“Bwoh?! No way! My boyfriend wouldn't do that!” I flinched at my sudden change of voice and quickly covered my mouth shut.


“Boyfriend?” I heard a few people near our table whisper from one another.


“Julhee's got a boyfriend?”


'“I can't believe that smarty pants got a boyfriend before I do!”


“She probably made him drink a love potion, oh that wicked hag!” my fists clenched with anger as I unconsciously glared at them.


“Hey, Julhee. Just ignore it.” Sulli slightly touched my hand with her fingers and soothed it. “Don't take it at heart, you hear?” I nodded, thankfully I didn't blurt out that L. Joe's my boyfriend or else... Sigh. Thinking about it just makes my heart so heavy like it wasn't something to be said.


“What's taking him so long?” I asked, flipping my phone to see if he had left me a message or what only to see my wallpaper and no notifications.


“Lunch is almost over.” Sulli said, “Should we--”


“No. You go ahead, I'll stay here.” I simply said, crossing my arms and legs. “He's going to get a good old punch from me.” I continued with confidence, I even lifted my fist up in the air to say that I'm serious.


“HAHA! Okay, okay. I get it.” Sulli waved a hand at me. “I better get going. It's Mrs. Shin's subject and I don't want to get a bad mark on her grades. You know me, my tests aren't that lucky so I should at least attend so I get to have a score.” she explained.


“Sure and oh! Please tell her that I'm sick or something. Just make an excuse! Either way is fine!” she nodded at that.


“I'll tell her that you're on a period.”


“Better than the last time.” I scoffed.


“HEY! HEY! Your fishes gone missing is a good excuse!” Sulli pouted “And I really think that Mrs. Shin believed it.” Sulli continued.


“Whatever. Just don't make that kind of excuse when you get there. You'd probably mess up again.” I shivered at the thought of one of her last excuse that Mrs. Shin didn't like. Who would actually believe that I'm saving Earth from Alien Invasion?


Sulli, Sulli, Sulli. *Insert shaking of the head here*


“Okay! Okay! Goodluck!” she gave me a 'peace' sign before leaving the cafeteria and once she's out of sight, I made a grab for my things and headed out of the cafeteria. I'm not waiting for that guy to come to me.


Instead, I will go to him and see what he's been doing to make me wait so long.


While walking, I spotted Niel talking with Chunji so I went to them (since they're the usual group mates of L. Joe)


“Chunji-sshi! Niel-ah!” I called out.


“Ah! Julhee-noona!” Niel's eyes sparkled with delight as he waved back at me while Chunji smiled in greeting. “Noona! How are you?” I walked to them so I could hear what they were saying.


“Nothing much.” I smiled. “Looks like practice is over, huh?” I asked.


“Oh no...” Chunji chuckled, “We're just waiting for L. Joe to finish his.” Chunji continued flipping his bangs to the side to get a better view.


“There's practice?” I asked raising my eyebrows. How could L. Joe not tell me that there is? Strange.


“It's strange that we have.” Niel said “We don't really have practice today.” he pouted. So this was an emergency practice? He could have at least left a message that he's going to be late or something.


“By the way, I think you should come in. Noona fans are hogging poor L. Joe-hyung.” Niel pouted as he made his way towards the recording room and Chunji and I followed.


“I didn't know that fans could enter.” I was bewilthered with what I heard. “Didn't you set up a security guard?” I asked.


“That was just a joke” Chunji laughed “But we're planning now.”


“That's good.” I mumbled as Niel opened the door to the recording room.


“So noona, I heard that you--” I looked at Niel expecting him to continue only to see him with wide eyes and looking in front of him like he had seen a ghost.


“Niel, are you alri--” I stopped talking when I've found what he's been looking at and trust me, its not a very good sight.
 



( Author's Note I've Finally posted the first chapter! yay! I was just waiting for my poster to finish up so I could post the two of them together! The poster looks awesome right? A thousand thank yous to Micaela @ Scarlet Footsteps for making this! HAHA! I hope you all enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank You and have a pleasant day everybody! *insert aegyo wink here*