Two | Oh... Look!

A Reason To Love You (On-Hold)

 

     My mouth was wide agape at the sight I was seeing. How could this--
 

"Julhee-noona!" Niel tried to cover my eyes but it was too late, I saw it and I'm displeased with it.


"What happened here?!" I was trying not to puke all over the place as L. Joe (who was in the back of the window glass, as he was on-recording) looked at me, giving me a sympathetic smile before he looked somewhere else.


"Don't you boys clean your recording room? Look at this! Its a mess!" I picked up a cloth on the ground until I realized that it was damp with sweat, making me squeal in embarrassment and throw it away from me.


“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!” I kept repeating as I try not to squeal again. Niel tried to hold me down but didn’t succeed in doing it.


“Julhee!” I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling out to me so I looked back and saw L. Joe running towards me.


“Sorry about this mess and...” he stopped halfway through once he noticed something on my face “Hey! Hey! Are you sick or something?” he went closer and held up a hand on my forehead, checking my temperature.


“Julhee, you’re hot.”


“I know I’m hot.” I rolled my eyes at him, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows up like a disciplinarian.


“No! Not that kind of hot!” L. Joe’s ear started to redden “I know you are.” I heard him mutter under his breath like he didn’t want me to hear it.


“What did you say?”


“I mean you’re hot! As in, your temperature’s burning up!” my eyes widened at what he said and firmly placed my palm over my forehead to check if what he was saying was true.


And sure enough, I was.


“How could this be?” I asked rechecking it with my palms but sadly, it didn’t change. “I can’t be sick!” I pouted. Niel went over to me and whispered something to L. Joe that caused him to have his eyes widened with shock.


“BWOH?!” L. Joe chocked out staring at Niel like it was some kind of a joke.


“You heard me!” Niel glared and L. Joe glared back. Oh my--


“Guys, what's--” I wasn't able to finish my sentence when some fancy girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere and made her way towards us.


L. Joe stared at her, what could that possibly mean?


Oh! If it isn't Byunghun.” she said, smirking like she had seen some eye candy out of the room. “Long time no see.” she continued, her breath hitching. Niel looked over her, trying to think of a way to break the awkward tension. “CL!” she suddenly called out like a woman in need of help.


“Yes?” CL asked. My eyes widened in shock to see CL, one of the school's toughest girls to actually be under someone as lame as this girl in front of me... Oh wait, who is this girl anyway? And how did she came in without an ID?


Tell my dad that I'll be going home late today. I have some other priorities to take care of now.” CL nodded and headed out of the room, holding this girl's phone on her right hand.


Anyway, to those who do not know me... I'm Hyuna, the so called 'queen of dancing' in the campus. So you people should know better not to mess with me.” there was something about her that I didn't like. Sure she could have that y attitude but I'm not that far to be alike with her.


But...


There's really something wrong.


I looked at L. Joe to find him fiddling with his hands and it drew me into a conclusion. Is there something I should know about L. Joe and Hyuna?


Because; first of all, L. Joe would only fiddle with his hands if he had something weird running on his mind or if he was nervous or if he's trying to hide something but I guess I would rather choose all of the above based on his actions.


Wait... Didn't Hyuna mentioned 'Long time no see'? So does this mean that...


I can't believe it! What if L. Joe and Hyuna used to date? Or even worse? They were forced to break up with something ridiculous like Hyuna had to move to the other states...


Or maybe they're in that long distance relationship?! Oh no! Then does this mean that L. Joe still likes her? Then... Then... Was I used as a rebound?


Like what the?--


This can't be! I can't allow this to happen! I'm not a toy! I have feelings too! And L. Joe should know better!


And... She didn't just call him by his first name right? I could feel hot air oozing out of my ears as I tried to stay calm and focus more on L. Joe rather than see my differences with her.


Niel suddenly looked at me with a reassuring smile while mouthing the words “It's nothing to worry about noona.” I nodded back at him and shook all these thoughts away.


The bell rang loudly throughout the whole room, signaling us for a 5 minute break before class officially starts. L. Joe stood up and grabbed my hand, “Let's get you to the clinic” he winked as he said that to me, making me shiver slightly.


Our hands quickly intertwined as my fingertips brushed into his cold soft hands.