Chapter 1

Who We Are

 

Jung Soojung adores languanges. Choi Minho detests them. Jung Soojung despises maths and science. Choi Minho has an obsession for them. 
 
And these, are called differences. 
 
(Soojung's POV) 
 
I sighed as I lay my head on the table in the midst of my biology teacher's incessant rambling. Man, she needs to get a life. I mean, human reproductive organs? Seriously? Not like you're gonna strip a tomboy on the street and see, ooh, she's actually a girl, apparently she did just happen to have more male hormones as compared to other normal girls. 
 
Tomboy. That made me think of Amber. And I had to stifle a giggle. If my imagination became real... That would be such a hilarious sight. 
 
Just then, a paper ball hit me on the back of my head, snapping me out of my thoughts. Turning back, I saw a smirk on his face. CHOI MINHO. The guy sitting directly behind me in class. The supposed maths and science genius of the cohort. The all time favourite of girls (yeah, girls in our school spazz over him like he is a celebrity or something). And he also happened to be... My rumoured boyfriend. 
 
Not that I'm ranting, but that is totally the wildest idea a sane person can think of. (Well, seems like the people in this school are mostly insane). We are so different! Maths and science were never my dish. I couldn't figure out any crap about biology, chemistry, nor physics. Bio: human reproductive organs. Well, they are there because they are there, they serve as this because they serve like this. Simple right? But bio teachers do not think so. Chemistry. So apparently this generous element decided to lose its electron to another selfish element to achieve stable octet structure. Wow. Physics, yeah, that's the worst. Density, force, speed.... They all make my head spin. And maths. Gosh, you are not going to tell the person that, hey, i want sin30 degrees (1/2) of a chicken right? That is ridiculous! However, it's certainly Choi's favourite hobby to ponder over these kind of complicated questions. I wonder why. 
 
I'm different, or should I say, the exact opposite. I love languages. They are really... Flowy, in a sense that you can almost touch them at the tips of your fingers. As they surround you, you feel yourself b with inspiration. Unlike maths and sciences, there is no fixed answer in languages. Hence, there are no peripheries! How awesome! :D 
 
Yeah, you get my point. So I have not the slightest clue how our scandal came about. 
 
After the lesson, Minho came over to my desk and sat on it. I glared at him, but he simply refused to get his off. 
 
"Wassup Krys. You seem dazed during lesson. Not understanding it again?" 
"That is an understatement, my dear genius." 
"Well... Here are the notes. Try to understand, Soojung." 
"Heh. Shoot. Do you need my help in languages again?" I knew he won't be so kind! 
 
Sheepish grin. Yeah I'm right. 
 
"Right. Tomorrow, 4pm, this classroom. I'll teach you English yeah?" 
 
He nodded, and bounced off, yes OUTRIGHT BOUNCED OFF HAPPILY. Oh well.