The start of colored life

Still
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The soft pleasing music in the background filled the air of the classic-decorated café, gave the introvert man who sat motionless in the last corner of glass wall a bit at ease.

 It was an awkward atmosphere for Yunho after a long time, had a companion who wanted to seating with him in his favorite place.

After a yearlong he had been through the doom of darkness world, he had turned to be someone unapproachable. Seemed his self-esteem had waned after he lost his sight. He was not being himself anymore; a carefree, talkative and a warm person. The Jung Yunho he had been live a life now just someone who loves drifting away from society - feeling the standard in him was lower after he had been in such effete state.  

But today, he did not know what possessed him to comply with the stranger that he had just met not more than an hour. The other seemed to keep pestering him and had carelessly settled down on the same table. Weirdly, he didn’t know why he did not refuse nor objected like he would usually do. He just remained silent while the other kept talking nonstop. Somehow, the man did entertain him; even his outer look didn’t mirror his inner feeling as he had been acting opposite - looking cold and distant.

“So, Yunho… do you come here often? I always noticed you’ve been seating here alone.” That angelic voice broke the hush between them for the nth time. It was the third times the stranger asked him a question, and he didn’t even answer ones. But the man just kept making one-side conversation even no response from him.

He had thought the person was weirdly persistent.

“Since I’m working at the opposite office building, I always come crossing here to have my morning breakfast or my evening tea before heading back. This café is my favorite place.”

Yunho lifted up his cup and sipped his coffee, still not show any interest to get into a deep conversation with the other.

“So, where do you live Yunho?”

Yunho still didn’t respond, just staring out towards the wide glass window - even the fact he couldn’t see anything.

“I live not far from this area. Since my workplace is near, it just easy for me to commute here every day by just walking. I’m so glad I won’t be trapping in the bad traffic like my other colleagues. They always late and get nagged by our superior.” The other still filled him with his side story.

“What about you? What are you doing for living and-”

“Have you had enough talking?”

“Huh?”

Yunho could sense the other seemed taken aback by his sudden cut off.

“You keep story about your life and asking about mine? What’s that mean? Trying to bring up comparison?”

He didn’t know what had brought him to feel suddenly too sensitive. But since he lost his sight, he realized how thin his sensitivity was, and how serious the emotional impact he had received. He knew well there’s nothing interesting about his life that he could share with the others. His life just completely turned meaningless after that unfortunate day. So, before he revealed about his dull and darkness-filled life, it was better for the man not knowing a thing about him. Since he believed, the stranger was just a stranger… once they bumped into each other, they will be parted on their own way and never met again.

“Erm… I’m sorry if I talk too much. I didn’t know that it just annoying you. I… I’m sorry.”

A tinge of guilt patched onto his heart as heard the sudden withered tone of the man. Even he couldn’t see how the other looks like, but he could make out what the other’s current expression was. His sudden poignant remark seem had hurt the other man as the man turned silent this time.

Heaved a sigh, “I’m sorry…” he didn’t know why he blurted the word that he never said to anyone since a very long time. But he clearly knew he should apologize for his previous rudeness, so he did.

“Uh, no… it’s okay. I’m the one who had been bothering you. I-”

“There’s nothing interesting about me, Jaejoong-ssi.” Yunho cut off the man. “I’m just an ex-photographer who is now loss eyesight and live a life with only depends on others.” Yunho stated with lips curled into a dry smile while eyes just threw an empty look.

“I’ve lost my entire foundation of life.” His tone subdued this time.

“No, you’re not! Who said someone who blind can’t achieve what they want. There have so many other ways. The thing that prevents you from accomplish what you wish for is your discouragement thought. Don't keep such stupid thought.”

The sudden firmness word that suddenly been blurted out by the other made Yunho stunned. Someone who was totally stranger, for the first time, seemed emotionally trying to broaden his mind.

Unconsciously, a small smile crawled upon his lips. That was his first smile after a long time. This apparently was a day for all ‘the first time’ things happened, after a very long year for him.

“You’re really something, Jaejoong-ssi… still interested to know about someone boring like me.”

“No, you’re not. And please drop the ssi. You make me feel odd and old.”

Yunho let out a small chuckle this time, genuinely.  “Okay then, Jaejoong it is.”

Without he knew, the other before him stared at him with eyes weighing with guilt.

***

It was an immediate acquaintanceship which started from a coincidence meeting, and they had consecutively met up since then.

Day by day, Yunho could feel his dull life started changing by the presence of someone who was true-hearted in approaching him. It had been two months since he knew Jaejoong. Each day, he felt the wall that he had built long to kept his world from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter