Chapter 3

The Greatest Happiness

 

 

 

 

Over the next few weeks Luhan tried everything he could to convince his parents to break off the engagement, but it was all in vain.  After a while both Luhan and Sehun were forced to accept the bitter truth that the wedding was going to happen and there was absolutely nothing they could do to stop it.  A month later the wedding was held on EXO-M planet and Sehun's family and other important members of the imperial family travelled there to attend the reception. As soon as he arrived, Sehun went to go look for Luhan. He carefully entered into the building and started to search for Luhan's private dressing room. Once he found it he took a deep breath then knocked twice on the door.

"Come in," Luhan called out from inside the room.

Sehun took another deep breath before opening the door and stepping into the room.

"Luhan-hyung," Sehun called out softly as he entered the room and the door closed behind him.

Luhan looked at him eyes wide from shock and mouth agape.

"S-sehun..." Luhan stuttered when he could speak again.

Suddenly Luhan ran up, tackled Sehun in a hug, and started sobbing into Sehun's shoulder.  Sehun hugged him back tightly and rubbed his back comfortingly.  He had been trying his best not to cry and to be strong for the both of them but when he pulled back a little to wipe Luhan's tears, as soon as he felt the warmth of his tears on his finger tips it was as if a dam broke inside if him and his tears came flowing out.  Sehun pulled Luhan into a passionate kiss and kissed him as if the world was about to end.  It was a woeful kiss filled with bitterness and mixed with the saltiness of their tears.

"I-love you-Luhan,” Sehun whispered between their feverish kisses.  

“I-love you-too,” Luhan whispered back softly.  

--
After they had calmed down some, they sat together on the small couch in Luhan’s dressing room and held each other in a loose embrace just trying to enjoy the other’s presence.  Luhan rested his head on Sehun’s shoulder and Sehun held Luhan’s hands in his and gently ran his thumb over the smooth skin on the top.  The room was completely silent and the only thing that could be heard was their soft, steady breathing.
“Sehun-ah,” Luhan called out suddenly breaking the silence.  
“Yeah?” Sehun replied as he nuzzled his nose into Luhan’s hair trying to permanently burn Luhan’s scent into his memory.  
“I just want you to know that...even if I’m married and legally belong to someone else, you’re still the only one who has my heart...my entire heart.  You always have been...and always will be...”
As Luhan said the last few words Sehun could feel his shoulders start to shake again and felt Luhan’s grip on his hands tighten.  At first Sehun was not sure what to say since he knew that there wasn’t a single word he could say at the moment that would be able to bring any amount of comfort to Luhan.  In the end, he did the only thing he could think of and just held Luhan as tightly as possible as the smaller boy continued to cry in his arms.  
“And I’ll keep it and cherish it...for the rest of my life,” Sehun whispered softly into Luhan’s ear.  
About half an hour later, they both heard a knock on the door and someone called into the room that it was time for the ceremony.  After a last long, passionate kiss, Sehun left the room from a back door and after checking his appearance in the mirror, Luhan left his dressing room.  
“Oh my! Prince Luhan, are you alright you look like you have been crying,” the female attendant who had come to get him asked worried.  
Luhan forced a fake smile on his face and replied, “I’m just a little overwhelmed by the moment that’s all.  I’m just so happy that the two planets will finally be at peace.”
--
After the wedding, Sehun’s older sister went to live on EXO-M planet and both planets, at least on paper, were at peace, but there were still communication, travel, and marriage restrictions.  Also following the wedding, Sehun plunged deep into depression and Jongin was worried to death about him.  
“Come on Sehun can’t you see how worried I am about you!  You have to eat something!” Jongin exclaimed shaking his shoulders.  
Said boy just looked up at him doefully with lifeless eyes before returning his gaze back to the food in front of him that Jongin had brought and shaking his head.  
“Stop being so stubborn!  Don’t you realize how horrified Luhan would be if he saw you like this!” Jongin said angrily slamming his hand down on the table.  
“I don’t care because it’s not like he ever will see me!  If I can’t have him then my life isn’t even worth living anymore!” Sehun exploded starting to bitterly weep and he buried his face into his hands.  
“Sehun,” Jongin said softly his heart breaking from seeing his best friend in such a pitiful state.  
‘I never should’ve volunteered to deliver messages for them then none of this ever would have happened. Then they wouldn’t have fallen so deeply in love.  I should’ve never gotten involved in the first place then maybe Sehun would’ve been able to just forget about Luhan,’ Jongin thought miserably to himself blaming his friend’s condition on himself.  
Suddenly they heard two maids come passing by.
“Did you hear the rumors?” One of the maids asked the other one.  
“What rumors?” the other maid asked.  
“The rumors that the princess who married the EXO-M planet prince is pregnant!” the first maid whispered loudly.  
*BAM*  Both maids jumped when they heard Sehun suddenly slam both of his hands down on the table getting up abruptly then he started to run quickly towards his room.  Worried Jongin ran after him.  Sehun reached his room first and slammed the door and when Jongin tried to open it, the door was locked.  
“Sehun let me in!” Jongin yelled pounding on the door.  
“NO!” Sehun yelled back from inside his room.  
Alarmed, Jongin immediately teleported into Sehun’s room and his eyes widened in extreme terror when he saw Sehun standing the far corner of his room holding a gun to his head.  
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!” Jongin screamed at him.  
“DON’T COME ANY CLOSER JONGIN OR ELSE I’LL SHOOT!” Sehun screamed back with just as much force.  
“YOU’RE OVERREACTING IT’S JUST A STUPID RUMOR!” Jongin yelled frantically trying to think of a way to take the gun away from Sehun.  
“NO! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! IT’S WORSE TO LIVE WITHOUT LUHAN THAN TO NOT LIVE AT ALL!” Sehun yelled at the top of his lungs as tears began to stream down his face.