Genie: Epilogue

Genie

 

The golden rays of the early morning sun, peeked through the cracks of the bedroom window's lilac curtains, and welcomed the blissfully sleeping couple to the new day ahead of them. With an annoyed grumble, Jongin woke as the sunlight infiltrated his eyelids and coughed before rubbing the sleep from his bleary eyes. 

Looking over at a peacefully-sleeping Luhan, he smiled lovingly and rolled onto his side, before lightly tracing patterns with his index finger onto Luhan's back in an attempt to rouse him from his slumber. Marvelling at the smooth and soft skin, Jongin leaned across and gently grazed his lips across Luhan's exposed shoulder blade, before trailing them across the length of his upper back.

Waking up at the tingling sensation of Jongin's lips moving against his skin, Luhan yawned loudly, inwardly cringing as he heard his jaw crack, and rolled over to face his already-awakened lover as the white cotton sheets, rustled around them. Smiling as his gaze met that of Jongin's tender one, Luhan reached up and gently caressed his beloved's cheek, still thrilled at the prospect of waking up next to him each glorious morning. 

"Good morning, my pretty little ray of sunshine," grinned Jongin, giving his partner a quick 'good morning kiss'.

"Morning," mumbled Luhan, closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around his lover's neck, before showering him with his affection. "Perfect, as always."

Jongin chuckled, as Luhan nuzzled his neck and pressed soft butterfly kisses against his clavicle. Sliding his arms around Luhan's slim waist, Jongin fell onto his back with his beloved sprawled on top of him.

"How about some fun before breakfast?" he asked cheekily, smiling up at his sweetheart and gasping at his morning glory.

Luhan was bathed in the sunlight's golden glow, and with his pale skin flushed with a hint of rosy-pink, he looked beautiful - no, MORE than that - and Jongin knew that he was lucky to be the one who held this angel's heart.

"Is that all you ever think about?" Luhan chuckled, shaking his head in exasperation, as he looked down at his sweetheart's amused face.

"All that I ever think about is you," replied Jongin, quickly pulling Luhan's head down and stealing a kiss. "And thinking about falls under the category of thinking about you."

Not knowing whether to laugh or be , Luhan just scoffed and bumped their noses gently against each other, still keeping their gazes locked.

"I am very much in love with you, Kim Jongin."

"But I love you more, more than you could ever imagine," he replied softly, gently pushing Luhan off his chest, onto his side of the bed, before rolling over and hovering above him. "And every moment that I spend with you, only makes me fall more deeply in love with you."

Luhan blinked back tears of happiness, raising himself up onto his elbows, as Jongin leaned down to capture his moistened rosy lips with his own.  It didn't take very long for the kisses to become more ardent, more passionate, with roaming hands finding purchase, and as Jongin held his precious Luhan possessively in his arms and loved him, he was grateful for having the chance to have another lifetime filled with moments like these, because for them, every second did count, as they understood the value of time, better than most.

Afterwards, their passion spent, they lay in each other's arms, sweaty legs entwined beneath the dampened sheets, while whispering sweet words sealed with loving kisses. Jongin twined his fingers through Luhan's golden locks, while the latter lay curled up against his chest, humming the tune of a song whose title was long forgotten.  

The piercing cry of an infant, interrupted their quiet moment, and with a heavy sigh, Luhan untangled himself from his lover, and hauled himself out of their comfortable king-sized bed. 

"Can you get her?" he asked with a frown, seemingly unable to find his dressing gown on their polished wooden floor - or his underwear too, for that matter. "I'll start making breakfast."

"Yeah," yawned Jongin, sitting up and pointing over to Luhan's robe hanging on a bed post. "There's your robe, love. And your undies are on the windowsill - before you ask, I have no idea how they got there."

"Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that you do," teased Luhan with a grin, tugging on bis underwear and sliding the silken robe over his shoulders, before tying it loosely around his waist. 

With a chuckle, Jongin threw on a pair of briefs, before heading the nursery, only to be met with a sight that he certainly wasn't expecting.

"You must be Jongin," said the man with skin the colour of the sea, as he dangled something into their baby's crib. "I'm Sehun, a...friend of Luhan's."

"Y-You're the genie," Jongin stammered, staring at him in bewilderment. 

His eyes roved over the cerulean skin, the fluffy white hair and the prince-like clothes, stopping to linger on a small golden lamp hanging on his waist. Yes, Luhan's description of the Almighty Oh Sehun was quite accurate.

"Ahhh,so he told you about me," smiled Sehun, looking up from the crib, causing Jongin to shudder as his gaze met that of the genie's charcoal one. "Yes...then you would know about my little gift."

"Yes...thank you," he replied, bowing humbly, as he remembered what Luhan had told him of how Sehun had prevented his death and granted them their youth once more. "We are most grateful."

"The both of you deserved it," answered Sehun with a kind smile, walking over to Jongin and patting him on the shoulder. "What's your child's name?"

"Viola. Why?" Jongin replied, furrowing his eyebrows together. 

"I was in love with a 'Viola' once," he sighed sadly. "But I'm glad that your lover kept his promise and named his daughter after her. Thank you."

"Ohhh...yeah, Luhan mentioned that when we were deciding upon names," said Jongin, remembering the many hours that they had spent poring over baby books, all to no avail because Luhan was adamant that their daughter would be named Viola.

"She will be very beautiful," murmured Sehun, as they both moved to stand next to the crib, and gaze at the gurgling child inside. "And she will love and be loved by many."

Viola gazed, wide-eyed at the two adults peering down at her, before her eyes almost disappeared, crinkling at the edges, as curved into a smile, showing her pink gums. Thrashing her chubby arms and legs about, she paused for a second, hiccuped, and then stuffed her fist into , drooling all over it, as her big brown eyes stared at her father and this stranger.

Sehun chuckled and reaching down, gently the fluffy, ebony curls on her head. Gently using one hand to prop her head up, he reached behind her neck and did up the clasp of the silver chain he had bestowed upon her. 

"My gift to you, Little One," he whispered softly, pressing his lips against her forehead and inhaling her milky baby scent. "Tell Luhan I said hello, Jongin."

"Okay," mumbled Jongin, reaching down and picking up the pendant hanging on the chain. 

It was a clear, teardrop-shaped piece of glass, and looking closer, Jongin saw the tiny purple flower captured inside.

A violet.

Whirling around to thank Sehun for his gift, Jongin was stunned to see that he had vanished, with only the necklace around his daughter's neck to show that he had ever been here.

"Jongin?" said Luhan with a frown, coming to join him beside the crib. "What's wrong?"

"He was here, Lu," began Jongin, still shocked at Sehun's appearance. "Your genie...I saw him."

"WHAT?" shouted Luhan, wildly looking around for any sign of him. "Did he go?"

"Yeah...he left a present for Viola though," replied Jongin, showing his lover the necklace. "It's a violet inside."

"A violet for Viola," Luhan murmured, lightly the cool glass. 

Reaching into the crib, he gently picked up their giggling six month old, and as Jongin's protective arm slid around his waist, Luhan smiled, as he and his family headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

Hovering outside of the nursery window, as curls of sapphire smoke, Sehun smiled wistfully as Jongin leaned down to whisper something in Luhan's ear before kissing him tenderly on the lips, and truly wished that he could have the love that they had.  Floating away, he remembered his Viola as she was when he loved her - a beautiful woman with long, ebony tresses, ivory skin and large violet eyes. And with a sigh, Sehun hoped that his wish had been granted - that they would meet again in another life...and perhaps, this time, it would work out between them.

After all, anything can happen if you wish for it. 

 


A/N:

So here it is...hopefully it kinda makes up for the lack of Lukai in the main part of the fic. >_<

Anyway, my darling Chippa, I hoped that you liked my attempt at writing you a fic...*sigh* Yes...a noble attempt but not much else, I think. (see what I did there? ;))

Enjoy!

Love Minspro <3