Chapter 12

A promise to keep

“Meeting in 10, Ms Lee,” reminded Jaehi’s secretary. Jaehi gave her a nod without looking away from her computer. Finalising the design, she pressed print. Stretching her arms side to side, she thought,” Finally! After 2 weeks, it’s done. Hopefully the investor likes it too.”

Done touching up her face, she got out the door and signalled her secretary to get the files and head over to the conference room. “This is it Victoria, “ Jaehi turned to her secretary and smiled.

“Hwaiting, Ms Lee!” said Victoria, smiled back.

“Kim Jaejoong, you better like it,” Jaehi muttered before opening the door.

Sitting at the end of the table are the board of directors, Mr Park and Jaejoong. Jaehi stood on the podium and started her presentation. Attention was all on the new design that Jaehi’s department has created for the new product and the response was positive all round. Jaehi has always been serious and takes pride about her work.

“Jaehi-ah, you sure did fabulous on your first project here. I’m glad you’re back to help me,” beamed Mr Park. Turning to Jaejong, he continued, “My daughter here ran away for a few years to New York asking to claim her independence, you see. Laughing, he exclaimed, “She’s good, isn’t she?”

“Neh ajusshi. It would seem you have a gem here. The project has a good start and I’m liking what I see so far,” replied Jaejoong, obviously feeling the love that Mr Park has for Jaehi. “Who would have thought that she’s is really as good as people have said she is.” thought Jaejoong.

Jaehi blushed at the compliments that both men have been throwing at her. Circling her arms around Mr Park, she said, “Kamsahamnida Aboeji. I’m glad both you and Mr Kim liked the idea. We will continue with the encoding phase next week once all documents are in order.”

“Mr Kim? Jaehi dear, why didn’t you call Jaejoong just like how Heejin does? He’s a family’s friend. You don’t have to be so formal, right Jaejoong?” asked Mr Park, smiling.

Hearing what Mr Park just said got Jaejoong smile from ear to ear. But the opposite can be said about Jaehi. “But aboeji, don’t you think it’s a little unprofessional. After all, he’s one of the investors of the project I’m heading.”

“Oh not at all! On the contrary, I think it’s perfectly fine!” exclaimed Jaejoong.

“That’s fine then! I’ve to head off for another meeting with the directors so..” looking at Jaejoong and then to Jaehi, he said, “Why don’t you kids run along and have dinner together? Get to know each other. It’ll be good for the project.”

Jaejoong’s smile just grew a few inches wider when he head Mr Park’s suggestion but quickly dropped when Jaehi replied, “Ah aboeji! I already have a date with Junsu oppa..”

“Junsu?” pointing to Jaejoong, he asked, “His brother, Junsu?”

Jaehi nodded.

“Well then! That’s fantastic! You young people can go ahead and have dinner together! Get Heejin out of her office as well. That girl’s been too serious these days. People would think I’m slaving both my daughters! Hahaha” bellowed Mr Park.

“N-neh, aboeji. Then, we’ll go ahead first. See you at this weekend then. Tell omoni I’ll call her soon,” said Jaehi.

Walking side by side to Heejin’s room, awkward silence filled the air. Jaejoong broke the silence and turned to Jaehi. ”Jaehi, I know that since the start, I have made it difficult for..”

“Dwaesso,” Jaehi smiled, “I know what everyone says about me. The girl who thinks she’s part of the Park empire just because she’s living with them. Just reaping on what they have sowed.” She stopped and turned to Jaejoong. “It’s ok. Cause I don’t need yours or anyone else’s approval.”

Confused, Jaejoong said, “But, that’s not..”

Stopping Jaejoong, Jaehi continued, “Kwenchana, chincha! Anways..” Jaehi looked down and hesitated. “I apologise for my behaviour the other day. Good thing your girlfriend came. I think I nearly lost,” she said with a straight face. “No, we lost it.” And suddenly laughed.

Laughing at the last comment too, Jaejoong, replied. “It’s ok, and I’m sorry too if I gave you that impression, I was just..”

“Naah! I’m cool. So..,” giving out her hand, Jaehi asked,”friends? I mean, you’re Jinnie’s friend and we’re probably gonna be seeing each other more often now, and it would be nice to..” blabbering on more and more obviously nervous about the said matter.

Taking her hand, Jaejoong shaked and interrupted, “friends! Let’s start over shall we? Hi! Im Kim Jaejoong, an investor in your project and a friend of Heejin.” He smiled.

“I’m Lee Jaehi, the head of this project and also, a friend of Heejin,” she replied smiling.

“Shall we? They must already be waiting,” asked Jaejoong.

“Yeah. You go ahead. I’ll see you there. I drove today. Oh! Can you call Heejin down and drive her over? I’ll call Junsu-oppa to inform him we have company.” Jaehi said, teasingly already beginning to turn into the lift to the carpark.

“Oh! Jaehi!” Jaejoong shouted trying to gain her attention. “That day..”

A moment too late, just when Jaehi looked up, the lift door began to close.

“she’s not my girlfriend.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

AAAAAAAND, they're friends! like finally!

Hey guys! Here with another update.

Seems like i'll be updating randomly cause workload has been real heavy these days. *Bums*

Thanks for always commenting _Dynar_! You're awesome! I've yet to decide if I really wanna introduce Hyoyeon properly yet..or not. Hehe..Do anticipate!

To the rest of the subscribers and silent readers, thanks for reading! Do comment yea?

Till next time, Annyeong~