Chapter 2: Gone for the Summer

Kiss Kiss

 

A/N: Hello!!!! This update is a bit short. Sorry! I have a couple other stories to write but I don't have too much inspiration. Sad. I'm trying though! I have been reading a lot of non-fanfiction. A lot of books. Which is rare for me. But recently I have found that reading is an escape for me. Also when I read I get inspiration. Currently I am reading the 50 Shades Trilogy and I am in LOVE with it!!!!!!!!! They are honestly the best books I have ever read and that's saying something because I have read some fantastic stories but 50 Shades is just...I can't....it is so flipping phenomenal!!!!! Words really can't explain how I feel about these books! Anyway, I'm done with my rant. Onward!!!
-------
 
 
 
Chanyeol has been dealing with cold Kris for two weeks. It's really hard for Chanyeol to have Kris act so mean towards him. It's heartbreaking. 
 
"Hey! Chanyeol! Snap out of it!"
 
"What?" Chanyeol snaps his head towards the voice.
 
"Are you alright?" The voice comes from Kris.
 
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired," the doctor did say he would be tired some days.
 
"Alright. Well, our shift is over."
 
"Okay," Chanyeol thinks Kris has something to ask but he dismisses the idea.
 
Once in the locker room, Chanyeol heads straight to his locker and changes slowly. He looks over to Kris and watches him shed his uniform. His eyes slowly start to wonder down to...NO! Look away!
 
Chanyeol snaps his head forward and continues to change. Little did he know that Kris was checking him out too.
 
"Hey, Chanyeol?"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Can you give me a ride home?" Kris asks.
 
Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Play hard to get.
 
"I don't know. You've been really mean to me. You hurt my feelings."
 
"Ugh! Please just give me a ride home."
 
"Only if you apologize," Chanyeol smirks mischievously. 
 
"You're really going to make me do this, aren't you?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Chanyeol, I am honestly sorry for being mean to you," Kris says.
 
"Okay. I'll give you a ride home," Chanyeol smiles.
 
Kris walks over to him and stands tall against Chanyeol. He throws an arm around Chanyeol and ruffles his hair. "You're silly," Kris says and laughs.
 
Chanyeol looks up to Kris with wide eyes. 
 
"What?"
 
"That's the first time I've heard you laugh," Chanyeol smiles big. 
 
Kris is looking at Chanyeol like he wants to say something. His eyes are hungry and Chanyeol's heart speeds up and there's a swarm of butterflies in his stomach. Chanyeol looks at Kris' lips. 
 
"No...You should stay away from me. I'm not good for you," he takes his arms off Chanyeol's shoulder.
 
Chanyeol can't help but feel a stab of disappointment. 
 
Chanyeol leads Kris to his car in silence.
 
When they get to Chanyeol's car, Chanyeol turns around abruptly to face Kris. "Why am I not good for you?"
 
Kris stands in front of Chanyeol, speechless. "I-I'm just not. I have too much baggage."
 
"I have baggage too!"
 
"What could possibly be wrong with you?"
 
"Just tell me where you live," Chanyeol sighs, avoiding the subject.
 
They ride in silence. After about fifteen minutes, they arrive at Kris' house. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow," Kris mumbles as he gets out of the car.
 
Chanyeol pulls out of Kris' driveway, drives down the street a bit and stops. His hands are placed firmly on the steering wheel. Chanyeol has been trying to hold back his tears since the confrontation in the parking lot.
 
He looks up at the sky and Chanyeol can't hold his tears back anymore. Millions of tears start streaming down Chanyeol's face. "Why did this happen to me? Please, God, I don't want to die."
------
 
"Where is he?"
 
Kris has worry written in his expression. Chanyeol is two hours late for work. It's not like him. Today is the first day Chanyeol gets to work by himself today at station two.
 
Kris goes to call Chanyeol when he realizes he has a voicemail. 
 
He opens his voicemail and listens for a message.
 
"Kris, it's Chanyeol. I wanted to let you know I will not be coming to work. I quit. I can't come to work everyday and see you. It hurts way too much. When I look at you, my heart melts. Wu fan, I am in love with you. I have been for four years. And I know you can't love me back. I need to be able to enjoy my summer. By the way, I need baggage to go with mine. You're baggage would be mine and mine would be yours. You are right for me. Goodbye Wu Fan.
~
 
No. Chanyeol. I can't go the whole summer without seeing you. You're smile gives me hope.
------
 
 
A/N: Thank you all for subscribing so far!!! You guys are awesome! I think this story will surprise you. It's not gonna have an obvious ending...