Day I

A Week in Hometown

 

My first night in hometown. Eomma cooked a lot for me.  most are seafoods, my favorite. This is what I miss the most, eomma’s homemade food. Even the most expensive foods in Seoul can’t beat how delicious my eomma’s foods.

After eating together with eomma and Donghwa hyung, we spend the night in our small living room with the cookies made by me. We talk a lot. About the past while appa was still with us, about Donghwa hyung’s work, about my pastry shop in Seoul, about everything that we miss together. We joke a lot, one thing that I miss the most from Donghwa hyung.

“Have you met with your friends here?” Donghwa hyung asks about my friends, another Mokpo people that I cherish and miss the most.

“Not yet.”

Eomma suddenly cut off my words. “Yunho and Boa often come here before, but I think they’re busy now. I often meet Seohyun when she goes to her campus, she always greets me.”

“They’re all busy now, Eomma. Even I seldom contact with them, but we never forget to give somem news to each other. I surely will meet them tomorrow” I sigh, somehow I really miss them.

“But you can’t meet Heechul.” Donghwa hyung laughs.

“I know, Hyung. He’s out of my reach now.”

“Ah I miss that bad boy a lot too.” Eomma laughs too. “You two have to sleep now. It’s late already. Donghwa, you will work tomorrow. And Donghae, you have to take a rest.”

“Donghae, look! Eomma still treats us like we’re little kids.”

“Yah! I just don’t want my sons get sick.”

I chuckle. My eomma really doesn’t change at all. “Arasseo, Eomma. You have to sleep too. Come on Hyung, don’t make this old lady gets mad.” I tease my eomma and get slap from her.

 

***

 

I lie down on my bed. I grab my cellphone and have and idea to tease all my friends. I send messages to them.

 

To: Yunho hyung, BoaBoa, Seohyunnie

How are you? I miss you all

 

I look at the ceiling. I smile alone when I remember my old time with them.

Heechul hyung who always called us first to gather then he, with his bossiness, will drag us to the place that he wanted. We never protested because the places that he chose are indeed fun. Many girls crazy for him and we don’t know what makes those girls court him. So it’s not his mistake if he has a lot ex-girlfriends. Hyung, I know you’re doing well in Seokcho. I won’t be surprise if you can make your army friends laugh and have fun a lot with your weirdness.

Yunho hyung is my hero. I remembered clearly when he saved me for two times. First time, whe n he saved me from Boa’s fanboy. One of Boa’s fanboys thought that I’m Boa’s boyfriend, he called his friends to bully me. One versus five silly fanboys. But luckily Yunho hyung came and beaten them only in few minutes. Second was when my appa passed away. Yunho hyung always beside me and encouraged me. All my friends did the same, but the way Yunho hyung never left me for almost a month really helped me a lot to not drown myself too deep into sadness. I really thanked him so much for all my hard times.

BoaBoa. That’s a nickname from Heechul hyung. That girl is special. Cute. Sweet. Energetic. Easy going. Friendly. You will never keep your sadness in front of her. She will keep asking what’s going on when she sees sadness in her friends’ faces. That’s why she knows all her friends’ secrets. Her friendliness makes so many boys fall for her. He’s the female version of Kim Heechul, so many boys court her, but unlike Heechul hyung, she’s not player at all.

Our little princess, maknae Seohyunnie. The most mature amongst us. The only one who can control Heechul hyung’s stubbornness. Sometimes I think, Seohyun is not suit as our friends because she’s too straight in her life. But the more I think about our friendship with her, we lucky to have her. Because of Seohyun’s straight life and knowledge we know what good and bad for our lives. Seohyun is so pure. For me she’s so priceless. My only dongsaeng that I will protect forever.

 My cellphone beeped. I know I get one message. In few seconds I get another message. I keep waiting for the last message for my friends. It needs 10 minutes to get my last message.

I open the messages while smiling.

First message from Boa

 

From: BoaBoa

Yah! Lee Donghae! Where in the world are you now? Still alive? Hoho~ I’m fine don’t worry. And yes I miss you too. How long you don’t contact me huh? :(

 

The playful Boa. I laugh when I read the ‘still alive’ part. This girl always say something silly but cute.

Second message from Yunho hyung

 

From: Yunho hyung

I miss you too, Brother!! It’s been long time, I’m doing good. How about you? Are you okay right?

 

My kind Yunho hyung. Never failed to make me touched with his care.

The last message.

 

From: Seohyunnie

Donghae oppa, annyeonghaseyo. I’m sorry a bit late to reply your message. I’m okay here, Oppa. Oppa is fine there too right? I hope so. Oppa, it’s a bit late already, why don’t you sleep yet? You have to sleep after working all day. We miss you a lot here!

 

I’m speechless for a while. Seo Joo Hyun, why are you so priceless? I smile unconsciously. The mature and polite Seohyun who will always care for another people’s health.

 

To: Yunho hyung, BoaBoa, Seohyunnie

I’m fine ^-^ Goodnite all.

 

I smile again. I miss you guys all so much. We’ll see tomorrow!!