Oh No! No Model!

Love Began Through Window Shopping

 

To Junhyung, the whole flight felt like a complete dream.

After Hyejae had introduced herself, Junhyung had unfrozen himself and began to talk to her as the plane took off.

During the whole flight, not even once did Hyejae reach for her iPod Touch and plug in her Beats.

The flight ended and Junhyung was disappointed.

 

He stood up after the seat belt sign stopped lighting and then opened the over head compartment. He took out Hyejae’s bag and handed to her with a smile.

She smiled back and took it gratefully.

Junhyung took out his own backpack and put it over his shoulders. He watched her fumble with the zip and put in her iPod and Beats.

The line that had formed on the thin aisles began to move forward.

He let Hyejae pass first in front of him.

“Gomawo.” She said and shuffled along with the line.

Neither of them said anything throughout the whole shuffling and stopping. Junhyung was more than happy just looking down at her.

He wanted to touch her hair and feel her skin but, he couldn’t. His idol status kept on tugging at his heart.

Every time he felt his hand move up in front of him, a voice at the back of his mind whispered to him urgently,

“Don’t forget what you can do to her if you break it!” And his hand would come back down again.

They finally came out of the plane and Junhyung saw his other members and friends standing there, waiting for him with their manager.

Hyejae and he walked towards them. When they met, Hyejae introduced herself to Junhyung’s friends and their manager.

Hyejae was about to say more when Junhyung saw her take out her phone. She took the call and mouthed to Junhyung,

“I got to go.” And walked away, talking to her phone. Junhyung’s heart sank. He wanted to get her number!

“Ah, looked like Hyung is loving someone~” The maknae Dongwoon teased and Junhyung swatted him away as he looked at Hyejae’s back getting smaller and smaller.

“I can never like her…”

*

They finally arrived at a 5 star hotel in Jeju where they checked in with their small luggage cases. They took hold of their room keys and began to walk towards the elevator. Once they got in an empty elevator, their manager began to close the elevator but the members of B2ST heard a voice to stop them.

They put their hands in between the closing door and they opened again.

Standing there was a puffed out Hyejae (holding onto an oversized black book with things that were sticking out of it.).

Her eyes lit up when she saw B2ST and Junhyung swore her eyes lingered on him an extra two seconds. She stepped into the elevator and the doors closed.

“What level are you guys staying at?”

“Level 6. What about you?” Doojoon, the leader asked.

“I’m on 6 too. What number are you guys?”

They each said their numbers as their manager protested but Hyejae said, stopping his worries.

“Kaenchana. I just need to know. I’m staying at the meeting suite 6023. I’ll be calling you guys together to come into my suite and discuss how we should do the photo shoot.”

B2ST’s manager looked relieved.

Hyejae laughed and Junhyung blushed some more.

!DING! The elevator went and they all filed out. Hyejae turned to the left and B2ST and his manager turned to their right. They said their goodbye’s and then walked away from each other.

*

Hyejae walked into her meeting suite and looked around. She saw a large meeting table that could fit at least 15 people around that had a bottle of water on standby in front of each seat.

She saw that there was a small lounge area with two single couches that could fit two couples if they snuggled up to each other.

She walked into the bedroom and smiled at the simplicity of it.

There was one large king sized bed with white sheets in the middle with 3 fluffy pillows. In front of the bed that was against the wall was a large study table.

She put her large suitcase on the corner of the room, against the door of the wardrobe. She put the large sized black book onto the table and opened it to the very middle.

There were many different views of flowers, aisle decorations, chairs and so much more.

She put her bag onto the seat of the table and walked towards the curtains.

She pulled them open and smiled at her view. She saw the whole horizon.

She put her hand on the handle and was about to unlock the door and walk outside when she heard the doorbell ring. She sighed and frowned.

“Who is it…?” She muttered to herself and then walked out of her room and towards the larger than normal door.

She opened the door and was surprised to see a worried looking manager of B2ST.

“What’s wrong?” Hyejae said and the manager said to her, his voice strained,

“Something happened to the model.” Hyejae stared.

“What?!” She exclaimed. She invited the manager to come in and take a seat to explain things to her.

“She was on her way to Incheon Airport when she had a car accident and now, she’s stuck in the hospital in critical condition. What are we going to do?! Filming starts tomorrow…how are we supposed to find another model in a few hours?!” The manager exclaimed and Hyejae heard his voice go high pitch in worry.

Hyejae stood up and began pacing around the room.

“Let’s call B2ST in for a meeting.”

*

The members of B2ST came into Hyejae’s suite in a hurry after the phone call and roughly hearing the problem that had come up through the hotel phone.

They sat around the conference table.

Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Doojoon on one side. Junhyung, Kikwang and Yoseob on the other. Their manager and Hyejae sat at the head.

“Okay, so you heard. What do you think? We need a new model as soon as possible.” Hyejae looked at the time. 9pm.

“We need a new model as soon as possible.” Hyejae stressed. She was starting to worry. She had known the models before she had designed the photo shoot and now that the model isn’t here…there was going to be a big problem.

And she didn’t know if it could be solved.

She stood up while the members of B2ST were starting to list out models or singers that could make the cut.

She saw out of the corner of eye that their manager kept on shaking his head.

She ran to the room, grabbed the large book and ran back outside, slamming the book onto the table, making everyone stopping what they were going. She opened up to the middle and began to pass the book to the person on her right, Yoseob.

She explained.

“I designed the whole photo shoot knowing that the model they had fore-chosen and you were going to be here. It’s specifically designed around the 7 of you. Even if one of you were gone, the whole thing isn’t going to look right!” She said.

“Sit down and we can talk about this.” Kikwang suggested.

Hyejae couldn’t sit down.

But she did anyways.

“How about UEE-ssi of After School?” Hyunseung suggested but Hyejae instantly shook her head.

“Her face is too small. The wedding dresses are going to look out of proportion.”

“G.NA?” Doojoon said, his mouth covered by his two hands together.

He looked up at everyone and thought that they had said yes with no sound but he was wrong.

“She umm…her chest…” Hyejae was a girl too and, being surrounded by 7 men was not a great idea if she was to say that G.NA had a big chest.

There was a mutual agreement and Doojoon blushed at his suggestion. He hadn’t thought about it that much.

“Victoria?” Yoseob said. Hyejae frowned and thought about it. She walked over to Junhyung who was looking at the book now and peered over his shoulder at a wedding dress.

She tried to imagine Victoria of f(x) wearing it but it was harder than hard.

She shook her head and walked back to the head of the table.

“She’s would make a great model,”

The boys of B2ST whooped. Except Junhyung. He swear he heard a imaginary “but” at the end.

“Would?” He said.

Hyejae sighed and shook her head. The boys of B2ST stopped smiling, realising the difficulty of this.

“I can’t image her wearing the dresses. I mean, I can try and make it work around her, but I spent like nearly a month doing all this. It can’t be changed easily. It would take me at least, a week, if not more. And I don’t think this shoot is going to work.”

B2ST and their manager became restless but then Junhyung looked at Hyejae and thought she reminded him of someone…

“Wait.” Hyejae looked up and eyed him wearily.

“The person has to resemble the original model right?” Hyejae nodded and stared at the desk in front of her blankly.

“Well, then I know who should take her place.” Junhyung said as he sat back on his chair and gave everyone a smirk.

Hyejae hadn’t responded yet. Did she…? Junhyung shook his head. No way.

“Who is it?” Dongwoon asked, curious.

“She’s sitting with us right here.” Everyone did a slow motion turn to face Hyejae.

She sighed and looked up.

“I was wondering when I was going to come up as the possible model.” Junhyung frowned.

“Wait, so you already knew that…?” Hyejae nodded impatiently and got up.

“The original model…she’s my twin. We look almost alike. Except for our eye colour and that always manages to throw people off our trail.”

“Wait, then how come you weren’t worried when I told you the news about her? You looked more worried about your work that her.” B2ST’s manager said.

Hyejae sighed.

“I got disowned because of her. Anyways, that’s enough about me. I can’t do it. We need a professional-“

“But you are a professional!” Kikwang said and everyone agreed.

“No. I’m just a person that plans weddings.” Hyejae said and put her hands on her face, to cover it.

“This isn’t going to work. I’m going to have to talk to camera man now. I think we’re going to have to make do without a bride.” Hyejae got up and began to walk towards the door when Junhyung and his friends stood up.

“No.” The 6 of them said together. Hyejae turned to look at them, tired.

“I don’t care what the 6 of you think. I’m not going to be the bride.” Junhyung ran to Hyejae and swerved her around. Before she even had time to register, Junhyung pulled her in and kissed her. For a second, no one said anything but then the members of B2ST shouted out in joy.

Even their manager was blushing, not doing anything.

Junhyung finally let go of Hyejae who still had a shocked expression on her face.

Junhyung turned her around and steered her to the bathroom, both hands on her shoulders.

He closed the door behind him and locked it, stopping his friends from getting in. None of the protested. He continued steering Hyejae to the large mirror.

He stood her in front of the mirror looking at her reflection. Junhyung was still standing behind her.

“See that girl over there?” He asked, pointing into the mirror.

Hyejae nodded.

“That’s the girl who got my heart to start beating every time I see her.” Hyejae’s eyes smiled.

Junhyung could not believe that he had finally plucked up the courage to tell her that he liked her.

“I liked to way she looks when she is talking to her clients. I liked the way she looks when she was staring intently at the computer screen. I liked the way she looks when she is eating lunch with her friends.” Hyejae stared at Junhyung’s reflection.

“So you’re the one who’s been looking in the windows…” Junhyung wanted to ask her how she knew that but he didn’t say anything.

“I like the Hyejae who’s full of confidence and doesn’t care about what others say but does the best she can.” Junhyung said.

He felt Hyejae begin to turn around so he moved his hands away from her shoulders.

He didn’t expect anything.

He kissed her without permission. He dragged her into the bathroom and suddenly told her that he was her stalker.

If that was him, he would kick that person off to Jupiter.

But obviously, Hyejae thought differently.

She smiled at him.

“Kamsahamnida Junhyung-ssi. I think I can do it.” Junhyung smiled and she walked out of the bathroom to tell the others the new.

He vaguely heard that his friends were overjoyed and welcomed her on board. 

He slumped against the wall, opposite the mirror and slide down.

He felt someone sit down next to him and saw that it was their maknae, Dongwoon.

“So, I take it that things didn’t turn out well for you.” Junhyung smiled and nodded.

“She…ignored my feelings. But, on the bright side, we’ve got a bride!” He sighed. He wasn’t in the mood to look on the bright side.

“Well, she didn’t reject you right? That’s a start isn’t it?” Junhyung nodded.

“Hey, hyung, Kaenchana! The fact that she didn’t reject you may be that she has feelings for you but just doesn’t want to admit it or she just doesn’t know what to do about it. You are an idol after all.”

Junhyung nodded. He got up.

“You’re right. Let’s go outside. Sounds like a celebration.” Dongwoon clapped Junhyung on the back and then walked out.

Junhyung froze.

“And you were saying…?” Dongwoon looked confused but when he looked towards his friends, he understood why.

“Well, at least their not going out right…?”

“WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND KANG HYEJAE-SSI?!” Kikwang shouted out and knelt on the ground. Hyejae giggled.

“Uh huh…” Dongwoon cringed.