Off To Jeju Island

Love Began Through Window Shopping

Junhyung stood in front of a wedding planning shop. He peered inside and felt his heart clench together as he saw her smile at her customer.

He sighed.

He was never going to be able to pluck up the courage to go inside.

It was a wedding planning shop! He wasn’t about to get married! How was he supposed to talk to her?!

Junhyung felt the phone in his pocket vibrate with a phone call. He took it out of his pocket and turned away from the window of the shop and walked off.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Junhyung-ssi, you have a photo shoot. Remember? It’s in two hours. I hope you can get there in time.”

Junhyung cringed. He had totally forgotten his photo shoot in Jeju.

“Ne, Choesonghamnida Manager hyung. I’ll meet you at Incheon Airport in a few.” He hung up. He stopped walking and turned back. He saw the customer of that girl leave and he sighed.

“This whole relationship is impossible…” He muttered to himself and then, turned away, getting his heart ready for his photo shoot in Jeju Island.

*

“Ne, Kamsahamnida Hyejae-ssi! I feel so better now that you’re the one in control! The last wedding planner messed up everything and the wedding ended up being postponed!” Hyejae’s customer said as she walked out of her office.

“I totally get what you mean. That wedding planner shop was never that good. I apprenticed for them for a while and when they offered me a job I turned them down. They were so disorganised!”

Hyejae and her customer laughed.

“Well, I’ll be back tomorrow to see for the ongoing preparations.”

Hyejae cringed.

“Actually, I won’t be in for another week or so.” Her customer frowned.

“But…”

“I’m really sorry Ms. Park. I have another schedule for the next week that I promised I would do. But don’t worry, I’ve told Jin here,” Hyejae patted a girl on her shoulder and Jin bowed and introduced herself.

“To see to your preparations. If they are not satisfactory, I will personally come back and make amends. I promise.” Ms. Park sighed and nodded.

“Arasso. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then Jin.” Jin nodded with a smile. Ms. Park left.

Hyejae turned back to her office and began to pack away her things that she thinks that she will need for the next week.

She heard a knock on the door and turned around.

“Hey Jin.” She said with a smile and then turned back.

“Do you really think I can do this Jae? I don’t think…”

“Hey, remember what I said about confidence and think positive?” Hyejae turned to Jin and put both hands on the youngsters shoulder.

“Don’t forget.” Jin nodded and prayed to herself as she walked out.

Hyejae closed her bag and slipped it onto her shoulder.

“Well, I guess its goodbye for a week then.” She said to her office room and then walked out, waving good bye to her employee’s and then walked out of her shop.

“Good bye Dreams and hello Jeju.”

*

Junhyung sat down on the seat in Business class by himself. His friends were all sitting together except for him and Dongwoon. Dongwoon was sitting with the manager.

Junhyung didn’t know why he wasn’t sitting with Dongwoon.

*

“Hyung, why aren’t I sitting next to Dongwoon?” Junhyung asked before he sat down.

“The seat next to you is already taken. The person who is planning this whole photo shoot is going to be sitting next to you.”

*

Junhyung sighed.

He was going to be sitting with a person he didn’t even know!

“It’s going to be an uncomfortable plane-“

“Excuse me.” Junhyung looked up and his eyes widened, his mouth opening them slightly without him realising.

It was the girl.

She smiled at him and said,

“I’m sorry. Do you mind if you move your legs a bit?” Junhyung stupidly moved his legs in and gave her some space to walk in front of him to her seat.

She sat down and began to take her bag off when a flight attendant said,

“Excuse me Miss, but could you put your bag in the overhead compartment?” The girl smiled.

“I will, I’m just getting some things out.” The flight attendant smiled, satisfied and then walked away.

The girl began to rustle through her bag and took out an iPod touch standard edition (84GB) and a pair of white Beats.

She closed her bag and was about to stand up when Junhyung said,

“I can do it for you.”

The girl looked at him. Junhyung felt himself flush.

The girl handed her bag over to him with a smile and he took it, his hand brushing her fingers slightly. He stood up and opened the over head compartment. He put her bag in and closed the door. He was about to sit down when he bumped his forehead against the edge of the compartment.

He winced.

He sat back down, embarrassed.

The girl moved his hands away from rubbing his forehead and leaned in towards him, blowing across his forehead.

After a minute or so, when Junhyung was completely frozen with shock, the girl moved back and with a smile, she extended her hand out.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,”

“Thank you,”

“Please fasten your seat belts,”

“Junhyung-ssi,”

“We are preparing for take off.”

“I’m Kang Hyejae imnida.”

*