Chapter #4

Stuck [Apply Closed]

 

“Wow… I think we hit the jackpot…”

“Oh shut up. It’s filthy around here and… Aii!!!” Jinae cringed and squealed, hiding behind the boy who accompanied her into the local mall. He only chuckled.

“C’mon Jinae, it’s only a spider.” The famous dancer, Eunhyuk grinned mischievously before moving forward.

“Stop. I’m leading, I know this mall.” The girl remembered this place the back of her hand, after many shopping trips here; it was no surprise that she could barely recognize the place after everything. The majority of the windows were broken, the shards of glass scattered across the floor.

Bodies, dead and undead were strewn across, unconscious, blood splattered over everything. Jinae looked across the wreckage, struggling to find something she recognized.

“Ugh! It’s so horrible in here! How am I supposed to navigate…?” The woman frowned started towards the west side of the mall, looking around carefully, making sure nothing popped out of nowhere and caught them off guard. Unfortunately, the pair was unable to find any weapons lying around. The best they were able to do was a golf club and her double sword. Both were short range, which didn’t help when often Jinae was too scared to be near a zombie, let alone be close enough to stab it.

Eunhyuk turned when he heard footsteps close by. He motioned for Jinae to stop moving and heard more footsteps, coming from upstairs.

“This way!” Jinae whispered before pulling the boy by his sleeve, upstairs into a small hallway between a clothing shop and a cd store. The two of them looked around, confused when they didn’t find anyone.

“What the…?” Eunhyuk murmured, looking around before he heard a gunshot coming from behind him. Instinctively, he ran in front of Jinae, the bullet just skimming his leg; barely, but just enough for the blood to start rushing out from the left side of his right leg. Eunhyuk fell over, grunting and clutching the fresh wound, closing his eyes, in pain.

“H-Hyunjae!!” Jinae cried, looking up to be face-to-face with a gun. The person behind the gun was a tall… man? She wasn’t sure. The face on the figure was pretty feminine, but aside from that he wasn’t very curvy. The man gasped and quickly pulled his gun away.

“You two… Aren’t one of those sick creatures…” Eunhyuk chuckled and growled softly.

“Ya think? Maybe try calling out next time.” The blond glared at the pretty face, desperately trying to hide his tears. The man looked down.

“I’m sorry. I will keep that in mind next time…” The lean man replied as he put away his gun. Although he seemed to be attempting to apologize, his voice and facial expressions were still pretty cold. He backed away slowly, casually, making sure he seemed non-threatening. “I have some bandages…” He muttered, seemingly talking to himself. He took out a few and passed them to Jinae. The girl just looked at him, slightly in a state of shock, but more confused than anything.

“Wait… Why are you helping us?” The brunette questioned, hesitantly taking the bandages and wrapping them around the wound. The man shrugged and looked around.

“Do you know if anyone else is here…?”

“No…” Jinae shook her head and then cautiously looked up at the man. “Who… Who are you?” She cautiously asked. The dark-haired man glanced at the girl then smiled.

“Kyuhyuk. Shim Kyuhyuk. But if that’s too much, Kyu is fine.” He responded nonchalantly. “You’re Lee Jinae, the vice CEO to your father’s famous electronic company… You’re a pretty famous woman. And this is…?”

“Eunhyuk.” The boy pouted, attempting to stand up with the help of Jinae.

“From that boy’s group, Super Junior?” Kyuhyuk’s eyes widen, a little surprised he didn’t recognize him. Then again, he wasn’t able to recognize they were even human since they were still drenched in blood.

“I think we should find a safe place to stay…” Jinae murmured, looking around, she had noticed her surroundings starting to get darker and the mall looking more like a haunted house more than anything else. “The best place would probably be the furniture store on the third floor…” Jinae suggested and without any complaints or other ideas, they were off.

Walking for a while, Jinae came to realize she still had one more question for their new companion…

“Kyu… You are a boy right?”

“What?”

 

~~

 

Aeiyong stirred in her sleep, her head filled with broken, vivid, horrifying images. She gasped as she woke up, finding herself curled up in a ball on the hard, cold cement floor. The dark-haired girl shivered and rubbed her eyes.

Although she was still half-asleep, Aeiyong could’ve sworn she could hear a person’s ragged and gasping breath. She looked around, confused; finding Sungyeong not to far from her and Kyungmi leaning against a filing cabinet, the two of them fast asleep as well. She stiffened when she realized who was left.

“No…” 

 

 

~~

Soooooooooo

Someone is definitely no in the running to become AFF's top updater.

(I'm pretty sure that's not a thing it's just 12:30 am and I'm a really weird person.)

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for those of you who thought this was the end.

I thought it was for a little while too.

I went through some really tough stuff.

But I'm back! And hopefully here to stay :3

(Unless I die. Then that would .)

I would also like to take the time to say Happy Holidays and Happy New Years to all of you!

Without all of you my fanfics would be nothing!

I hope you all have had the best break ever!

So let's introduce some new characters~ Shall we?

Here is Lee Jinae~ The febulous CEO by Galatea!

And the very handsome and feminine looking~ Shim Kyuhyuk by kpop4evafanatic!

Uh ohhh~ Looks like some trouble is brewing for Chinho...

I'll attempt to update but you know... School and other usless things get in the way...

Thank you so much for reading~!

~Ami-chan