Chapter #1

Stuck [Apply Closed]

 

 

Aeiyong stared at her younger brother, traumatized by the fact that he asked her that question. Why was he asking such things so suddenly?  She quickly wiped the tears that formed in her eyes.

“N-No… We’re not going to die. Do you hear me right now Chinho? We’re going to get through this, alright? We’re going to find mom and dad and we’re going to be okay. Do you understand? Tell me you understand me Chinho.” Aeiyong looked into her younger brother’s eyes seriously. She needed to know that he wasn’t going to doubt her. Her brother nodded slowly, looking back at her, determined.

“What do I have to do noona?”

“First, pack clothes, flashlights, a blanket, everything you might need for a couple of sleepovers, okay? But be cautious, they might be here. Promise to call me if you see anything, alright? Be very careful…” Aeiyong spoke to him calmly before he ran off to his room. She grabbed a back began filling it with canned and non-perishable foods. Then she grabbed water and her emergency money. She then put on her jacket and grabbed Chinho’s.

Looking around she noticed her precious katana hanging on the wall beside her family photos and other memorabilia. Her father had bought it for her after she ranked first in a kendo tournament. She grabbed it swiftly; having a feeling she might need it.

“Chinho! Hurry up! We need to go soon, alright?” She called out to her brother, worried for a second that she may not get a response.

“Coming noona!” He shouted back, running back into the room, two bags packed. Aeiyong smiled at him, proud.

“Good job Chinho. Ready to go? We may never see this place again…” The little boy nodded.

“I’m ready noona. Let’s go find mom and dad.” With that, Aeiyong opened the door nervously and hesitantly. She took Chinho by the hand and led him outside quickly. Quite a few people had the same idea; cars were speeding down the road in a rush. Others running around screaming, some even having guns.

Aeiyong pulled on Chinho’s hand, telling him to move quickly with her, before leaving the porch and running quickly towards the city.

“You stay with me. You got that? You can’t run off, you can’t talk to your friends; you can’t do anything without my permission. It’s for your own safety Chinho, I can’t lose you okay?” Aeiyong spoke in a desperate voice. He was all she had for now. She didn’t know if they would find their parents alive or dead or at all. She had to protect the one thing she had though, and that was him.

“Noona… I promise… I won’t let go until you tell me.” This made Aeiyong smile, but not for long. A man with a shotgun ran outside, shrieking and firing random gunshots everywhere. Aeiyong shouted for Chinho to duck, but it was too late. A random shot hit Chinho right in the stomach, the force causing him to fall over onto the grass. Aeiyong spun around and screamed.

“NO! CHINHO!” She quickly picked him up and ran as fast as she could towards the city, not looking behind her. “Dammit… Dammit Chinho I’m so sorry, please no Chinho, you can’t… You promised you… No who am I kidding this is my fault… But don’t worry; we’ll get you out of here… Please stay with me…” The sound of coughing that came from her brother gave her a sense of relief.

“A-Aeiyong… noona… I don’t… I don’t want to die…” Chinho managed to cough out. She couldn’t help it any longer, tears sprouted from her eyes and she began to cry hysterically.

“You won’t Chinho! You won’t I promise! I’ll find a doctor! Someone will help you!” She cried, running into a near-by mall. They had to have some sort of first-aid… Right?

Running up the stairs, she found herself blocked by two of the creepy creatures she had seen on TV. They were both wearing security uniforms. Taking out her katana, she ran and cut the neck of one and stabbed the other in the stomach, not being able to do much damage because of carrying Chinho. Swiftly grabbing the keys she ran into the security office, checking to make sure there were no creatures in there.

She placed Chinho on the couch and locked the door, pushing a desk against it. Looking around again she found the first aid kit and opened it, taking out the bandages and running over beside Chinho. She struggled to take off his jacket and shirt, but managed and quickly wrapped his wound with the bandages to stop the bleeding. Taking a blanket from the bag she covered him with it to make sure he didn’t get cold before crying into her hands.

“Ch-Chinho… I’m so sorry…” She murmured, whimpering softly. Her head bolted up when she heard gunshots coming from outside. She hid her face deeper into her hands. “Shoot… Shoot… They’re going to find me… N-No… No this isn’t… This isn’t happening… Please let my little brother be okay… I’m just dreaming… Right…?”

Aeiyong got up carefully, staggering a bit. No… This wasn’t a dream. She had to face this if not for herself, for her brother. It was her job to protect him with all that she had. She just had to… For him.

Picking up her katana, she moved slowly towards the door and moved the desk out of the way and unlocked the door. Opening the door slowly she peeked out to see no one there.

Was anyone really there? Maybe she was going crazy…

“Hey! Who’re you?!” Someone shouted from behind her. She turned to face a man, glaring at her. Blood was dripping down his face and he looked about as frightened as she did.

“I-I’m Li Aeiyong… Who’re you…?”

 

~~

First chapter! Woot!

I am so sorry to those of you who really didn't want Chinho to get hurt or anything...

It's not like you didn't expect this though.

It IS a zombie fic guys, there's going to be blood and death and saddness.

Anyway, have you gotten your app in? Good! Because applications are officially closed!

The people who are going to be stuck have been chosen and I shall reveal them as I go along in the story.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading!

~ Ami-chan