Bumps and Cats,

Bubblegum
"Hyungs are you sure this'll work?"
 
"Of course jongup-ah... Since when do our plans not work?" 
 
Jongup was about to open his mouth when daehyun cut him off.
 
"Wait don't... Just don't say it... Go! Don't miss your chance!" daehyun and youngjae pushed jongup forward, earning a small complaint from the younger boy.
 
 
Jongup looked back for some assurance from his hyungs, but all he got were hurrying waves from them. Daehyun and youngjae had been dating for a while and jongup thought he could look to them for some constructive advice. Boy, was he wrong... 
 
 
"Ok Jongup, breathe. You can do this!" jongup took a deep breath before putting on his bright smile. He started walking quickly down the hallway. 
 
 
"Hey! Watch where you're going!" junhong got up from the ground and straightened his uniform and shot jongup a death glare. "I-I- Uhm... I-I'm sorry... Here let me uhm... Help you with that..." jongup tried to avoid junhong's gaze but he could feel it boring into his back as he bent down to pick up the loose pieces of paper that was now strewn all over the floor. Jongup rearranged junhong's notes with as much care as he could afford, one that he would never have used on his own work. "I-I'm so sorry... I'll be more careful next time..." jongup felt his voice drop to a whisper. Many people were starting to pass whispers around them, giving them weird stares. A small giggle even rose from the crowd. And this obviously got to junhong. "It's ok." the younger boy said firmly as he walked away, annoyance burning in his eyes, a frown indent in his forehead. 
 
 
Jongup sighed heavily and walked back to his hyungs, with a look that screamed lost puppy at a pound begging to be adopted. Instead of comforting looks, he saw daehyun and youngjae slapping their hands against their faces in exasperation. "You really are an idiot jonguppie... I told you to bump into him... Bump... Not freakin ram him down!" youngjae sighed. "It wouldn't have worked anyway, hyungs..." jongup looked terribly downcast and it broke their hearts just looking at him. "Well... It did work for us..." daehyun said softly. "Think of some plans yourself will you, kid? Before we destroy it for you" youngjae patted jongup on his shoulder. Both of them secretly wishing that his dongsaeng would just give up before he gets his heart broken.
 

                                                                                                  ☛pagebreak

 
 
 
It was the end of school and junhong was on his way to the skatepark as set in routine. As he passed an alleyway, he saw a familiar figure from the corner of his eye. It was jongup. Junhong rolled his eyes instinctively at the sight of the older boy. But what he was doing made junhong stop in his tracks and inch closer.  The older boy was smiling as he petted what seemed to be a black ball of fur in front of him, holding up a few pellets in front of its face for it to eat. Junhong's frown relaxed. He had a thing for cats. 
 
 
"O-oh... Hey... Junhong... Uhm... Would you like to feed the cat?" jongup beamed brightly at junhong, holding up a pack of cat treats. Junhong froze at the mention of his name, but he relaxed and decided that the cat was now of greater importance than his hate for people at large. He nodded and took a few treats from the bag and started feeding the little ball of fluff. The kitten purred and rubbed itself against junhong's hand. Junhong let the fuzzy feeling spread across his cheeks and his mouth curled into a smile. 
 
 
"Meow~" both boys started laughing when they heard that sound escaping each other's mouths at the same time. For a split second junhong felt sincerely happy. Something he hasn't felt in a while around people. "You're cute when you laugh... I mean... You're always cute... B-but... Yup..." jongup dropped the rest of his sentence, afraid that more inappropriate things might spew out. Junhong hung his head low and tried to focus on the cat. A reminisce of a smile still imprinted at the edges of his lips. That sentence. It reminded him of someone. A certain bitterness collected at the back of his tongue. It wasn't the first time he heard someone say that about his laugh. He used to hear it a lot. From someone whose words meant the world to him. 
 
 
"Hey. You have a cute laugh... The name's Kim himchan!" 
 
 
And that was how it all began. The roller coaster of emotions that brought junhong to hell and back again. To cruel reality that was far too excited to receive him. No one ever stuck around for long. He was Choi junhong. Destined to be a phase. 
 
 
"Thanks for letting me feed the cat... Uhm... But I think I should be going... Thanks again!" junhong gave the most sincere smile he could manage and he turned to leave. "W-wait... Junhong? I'm sorry..." jongup frowned. "Sorry for what?" junhong chuckled at the awkwardness of the boy standing in front of him. "I-I don't know... I just am..." 
 
 
"Well... You don't have to be... Thanks anyways... See you around... I guess..." junhong smiled. There was something about jongup that softened the words junhong chose. Maybe it was the infectious smile he always had on. Maybe it was the sincerity in his eyes.
 
 
It's just that everything about Jongup confused Junhong.
 
 

Thank you guys for subscribing and commenting and reading this fic T.T It means so much to me and my jonglo kokoro! So glad that there are jonglo shippers around!