Taste of Second Love (Chapter 5)

Taste of Second Love

 

Days passed which turned into weeks then months. Sho didn’t even notice it. The way Jun always asked to leave early and the excuses to use the bathroom. Until he caught Jun on his phone, arguing with whoever was on the other end of the line.
 
“NO!” Jun yelled. “I don’t pick my friends over you. I love you and you know that!”
Sho saw the lines on Jun’s forehead crease deeper.
 
“Damn it, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” Jun sighed. 
 
Sho wasted no time on escaping, afraid of getting caught from eavesdropping. He didn’t know who the other person was but Sho knew that the person must be someone persistent. If it was Jun’s girlfriend, she would at least try to understand that there are other people in Jun’s life. If it was his mom, well, she just loves him. But the way Jun’s tone towards the other person was a different tone than how you would bicker with a parent. So it must be Jun’s girlfriend. He never mentioned about having one…
 
“Hey!” Aiba yelled from the table they had reserved. “Where are you going?! The table is here!”
 
“Oh,” Sho realized and walked as casual as he could back to the table. He tried to look like he heard nothing and that he never heard of the conversation Jun had. As much as he was trying to hide it, Aiba already saw the guilt in Sho’s eyes.
 
“What happened to Jun?” Aiba asked worriedly. He knew something must’ve happened by the way Sho’s eyes were darting back and forth from the bathroom.
 
“Nothing ok?!” Sho responded as he drew his eyes back to his plate when he saw Jun coming from the bathroom area. He resumed eating his food that he left unattended before he was heading to use the bathroom but collided with Jun’s conversation. 
 
He turned to look at both of his friends, “Hey guys, I need to leave soon ok?” Jun announced as he was taking his seat back. 
 
“Ok!” Aiba agreed and continued eating his dinner. 
 
“Y-yeah sure,” Sho also agreed, still looking at his food trying not to show guilt to Jun. He really didn’t care if Jun was leaving early because this has been happening the last few months. He was used to it, but he still didn’t know that Jun had a girlfriend…
 
After Jun left, he pulled Aiba by the collar and started whispering some things like a detective would.
 
“WHAT?!” Aiba yelled as he stood up, all eyes on him.
 
Sho pulled Aiba down, his ears turning red. “Sit!” Sho commanded, embarrassed by Aiba.
 
“Sorry,” Aiba bowed and sat back down. “So…” he continued, “Jun-kun has a girlfriend? How come he never told us about her?!”
 
“I dunno,” Sho pondered and leaned back to his chair giving the time for him and Aiba to think. He really didn’t know though. Even if its true that they hadn’t seen each other for years, he remembered when they were kids, they swore that they would tell each other what happened or little secrets. But why does Jun want to hide his girlfriend from him and Aiba?
 
“I have an idea!” Aiba blurted out. “Let’s follow him!”
 
Sho shook his head, “I don’t know Aiba-san. We might get caught.”
 
Aiba scrunched his face together, obviously disappointed about Sho’s approval.
 
“But I’m as stealthy as a ninja!!!” Aiba whined.
 
Sho thought about it. What if Aiba’s idea was a good one? Besides in the situation they were in right now, he guessed Jun won’t tell them. Also for the fact that the three had been meeting each other for a couple of months, and Jun showed no sign of telling them.
 
“Fine,” Sho gave in. “We will tomorrow after he leaves.”
 
+++
 
Sho had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. Even if Aiba kept telling him yesterday on the way home that he was as stealthy as a ninja, Sho kind of doubted his words. Sure he had agreed to the plan, but he realized that the two of them hadn’t thought it out well since all Aiba did after was babble away about non-sense. 
 
Sho sighed, he’s been sitting behind the fake palm trees with Aiba and there was no sign of Jun showing up. 
 
“And then I was petting my monkey when-” Aiba giggled but stopped when he lowered his voice down and tapped Sho on the shoulder to look to their left. 
 
Sho, alerted, moved the fake palm tree in front of them so they were out of sight. He intently paid attention to Jun’s action: Jun fixing his hair, his clothes, and the rings he was wearing on his fingers. Then he saw him straighten up, indicating that the person he was waiting for was present. 
 
Sho saw Jun smile. “Hey!” the younger man called. He saw Jun run up to someone and he saw that it was a woman.
Besides him, he heard Aiba gasp. “So you were right Sho-chan! He has a girlfriend!!” 
 
Sho jumped a little, looking back and forth at Jun and Aiba making sure Jun didn’t hear. “Sssshhh!” Sho hushed the man. “Do you want to die?!”
 
Aiba shook his head.
 
“Then quiet ok?!”
 
Aiba drooped his head, “Ok…”
 
When both of them saw Jun swing his arm over the woman’s shoulder and disappear behind the theater door, the two hastily got out of their hiding spot, bought the same tickets Jun had, and followed them. They made sure that they were invisible from Jun, it was a good thing it was already dark inside.
 
As the two took the exact seats behind the two, they watched the couple chat and exchange kisses while flirting with each other.
 
Sho knew it, Jun was seeing someone and he didn’t tell them. A secret lover?! 
Sho pondered. Why would Jun have a secret lover?! They are all friends yet the younger man hadn’t told them about her. Is it because she was ugly?! Sho thought to himself again. Something wasn’t right.
 
He nudged the silent Aiba next to him. When the taller man didn’t respond, he looked at his direction only to find the taller had fallen asleep. Sho chuckled, “Wake up Aiba-san. We might lose them, movie is almost over.”
 
“Yea…” Aiba groaned and woke up. He rubbed his eyes, and followed Sho out of the room and back to their hiding spot again. Ten minutes passed by and Jun was out followed by the girl. He saw them holding hands, smiling happily at each other. 
 
Sho eyeswidened. It can’t be?! Sho exclaimed in his thoughts, I know that’s not her! He punched the floor scaring Aiba who brought his hands to his shoulder.
 
“Calm down!” Aiba instructed. 
 
However, Sho did the opposite. He slapped Aiba’s hands away, stood up, and walked over to the couple ignoring Aiba’s calls.
 
“Nami!” Sho yelled.
 
The woman besides Jun looked to the direction of the person that called her name.
 
Sho saw her eyes widen, and saw her drag Jun away. But he stopped them when he grabbed her wrist, pulled her away and punched Jun in the jaw.
 
“Matsumoto!” Sho snarled. “Why the hell is Nami with you?!”
 
TBC